14 (100%)

Default US GOVERNMENT SEIZING MANHATTAN SKY SCRAPER

LOOKS LIKE THEY WERE TO COZY WITH IRAN.

THIS IS GOING TO CAUSE OUTRAGE SOME WERE . HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...ncid=webmail19

SO WHAT ARE THEY GOING TO DO WITH IT ?

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

The United States is set to seize control of a midtown Manhattan skyscraper prosecutors claim is secretly owned by Iran, the justice department said, though the ruling is to be appealed.

The seizure and sale of the 36-story building, in the heart of New York City on Fifth Avenue, would be "the largest-ever terrorism-related forfeiture," the statement added.

A federal judge ruled in favor of the government's suit this week, saying the building's owners had violated Iran sanctions and money laundering laws.
    Manhattan Federal Prosecutor Preet Bharara said the decision upholds the justice department claims the owner of the building "was (and is) a front for Bank Melli, and thus a front for the Government of Iran."

Bharara said the funds from selling the building would provide "a means of compensating victims of Iranian-sponsored terrorism."

Prosecutors allege the building's owners, the Alavi Foundation and Assa Corporation, transferred rental income and other funds to Iran's state-owned Bank Melli.

Alavi also ran a charitable organization for Iran and managed the building for the Iranian government, the statement said.

Built in the 1970s by a non-profit operated by the Shah of Iran -- and financed with a Bank Melli loan -- the building was expropriated by the new Iranian government after the 1979 revolution, prosecutors allege.

They said the Shah's non-profit, the Pahlavi Foundation, was renamed the Mostazafan Foundation of New York and then the Alavi Foundation.

A former president of the Alavi foundation pleaded guilty in 2009 to obstructing justice in destroying evidence related to the case, which was first filed in 2008.

The Alavi foundation plans to appeal, saying on its website it was "disappointed" with the ruling and that "it did not have the opportunity to rebut the Government evidence before a jury."

The US Treasury Department has instituted tight sanctions against Iran, blacklisting a number of Iranian companies and organizations and putting controls on the ability of any group or business to transfer funds into Iran.

The restrictions seek to pressure Tehran into giving up what the West says is a program to develop nuclear weapons.

Copyright (2013) AFP. All rights reserved.

LOOK:

650 fifth ave

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Bharara said the funds from selling the building would provide "a means of compensating victims of Iranian-sponsored terrorism."

Yeah, right. It's already spent, and three loans taken out using it as collateral...

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)

New HQ for NSA??
    Keep the change-I just want my Country back!!!

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

i think it is going to be a new 'islamic study center'/MOSQUE--- an al-quaida front for obobngo to give arms to!

Feedback Score

there is alot more to it than we are lead to believe here in this situation ....

someone got a tantrum along the way ....

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

It would make an awesome brothel..
    "Man needs but two things to survive alone in the woods. A blow up female doll and his trusty old AK-47" - Thomas Jefferson 1781

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

How about a downtown Manhattan ,,,,PIG FARM!!!!

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

The only countries left in 2011 without a Central Bank owned by the Rothschild Family are:

Cuba

North Korea

Iran
    SOON-We already lost the war. You are the resistance.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.