Thread: Rising Crime Across America Causing Upsurge in Citizen Vigilantism

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Default Rising Crime Across America Causing Upsurge in Citizen Vigilantism

Rising Crime Across America Causing Upsurge in Citizen Vigilantism

Rising Crime Across America Causing Upsurge in Citizen Vigilantism-crimescenecleanupdetroit15.jpg

Major U.S. cities are experiencing a surge in crime, provoking citizens to take the law into their own hands.(Spencer Platt/Getty Images)

As violent crime continues to afflict the major cities of the United States, an increasing number of concerned citizens are taking the law into their own hands. This trend is perhaps most graphically demonstrated by a recent incident in Detroit, Michigan. After a 43-year-old Detroit man allegedly raped a 15-year-old girl with Down Syndrome on July 17, authorities delayed the processing of the case for over two weeks until an official rape test kit could be ordered.

While the police dallied, a group of outraged citizens took matters into their own hands—locating the suspected perpetrator and beating him repeatedly with fists and baseball bats. The Detroit community is torn, with some residents expressing horror at this act of vigilantism and others applauding the “justice” rendered by the attackers.

Thirty-four “justifiable homicides” were reported in Detroit last year, representing a 79 percent increase over 2011. A high-ranking Wayne County official told The Daily last year that a rise in “justifiable” homicides and vigilante justice has taken hold in the city as an overloaded court system turns a blind eye.

While “self-defense” killings in Detroit are currently 2,200 percent above the national average, other cities in America may soon start catching up. Residents of a Portland, Oregon, suburb recently decided to expand their definition of “Neighborhood Watch” and establish a “Glock Block.” Many, if not most, of the residents on this block have procured a hand gun, a concealed weapons license and a sign warning, “We Don’t Call 911.”

Criminal gunfire has become so common on the streets of Oakland, California, that even in neighborhoods that once seemed free of violence, residents are no longer shocked by reports of it. “It’s like, ‘Oh, another shooting,’” said Jan Hetherington, who has lived for 14 years in the Oakland neighborhood of Maxwell Park.

With budget cuts forcing Oakland to trim its police force by a third, residents have decided to pay for private security patrols, according to cbs Evening News. These security firms are technically only for the purpose of watching and reporting potential crimes, but some private citizens have started to post their own homemade “wanted” signs. Such an environment could soon begin to breed Detroit-style vigilante justice.

Nationwide, so-called justifiable homicides nearly doubled from 2000 to 2010, when 326 were reported, according to a Wall Street Journal analysis of crime statistics from all 50 states.

Violence committed by criminal street gangs and lone-wolf felons represents one of America’s most serious domestic security threats. In part because of concern about this threat, American citizens are buying weapons and personal firearms at a historically high rate. In the four years since Barack Obama was first elected president, an estimated 67 million firearms have been purchased in the United States—more than were purchased in almost seven years before his first election. According to a New Yorker magazine article from last year, there are now nearly 300 million privately owned firearms in the country.

In the fifth chapter of Ezekiel, God reveals that there will be a time of violent looting and rioting in the nations of America and Britain just before they suffer a foreign-led invasion. The proliferation of guns, the prevalence of crime and the rise of vigilante justice are all factors showing that America is nearing this episode of violence. For further proof of these claims and to learn how you can make sure your family is protected, read our article “As Gun Sales Rise, What Is Your Source of Protection?” ▪

http://www.thetrumpet.com/article/10...en-vigilantism

Black Blade: Blacks use "Stand You Ground" and other such self defense laws more than any other race. Yet it's the race baiters and Progs who demand that the people be disarmed and become victims of crimes.
    When you're born you get a ticket to the freak show. When you're born in America , you get a front row seat. - George Carlin

Feedback Score

There was just a report on the news about a guy in detroit fed up with a crimnal paiting grafetti and breaking windoews and a abandon building next to a guys buisness. He couldn't getthe police to respond so he took a shot atthe guy with a crossbow. He missed, but he was so casual about it on the news, then mentions "I feared he had a gun" the reporter just kinda smirked like he knew.

I personally think this is the way to deter crime. The people need to stand up for the block and make the criminals afraid.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

With budget cuts forcing Oakland to trim its police force by a third, residents have decided to pay for private security patrols,
    I have been there lost at night an its a very very scary place an i had a 357 mag between the counsel an seat I was scared shit less , burning trash cans drug deals , hookers it looked straigh tout of a movie . last time I went to the Oakland roadster show .

it just as bad as any other big city if not worse .

I have heard through LEO buddies a lot of Milwauke residents are arming them selves especially now that we have concealed carry.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

I personally think this is the way to deter crime. The people need to stand up for the block and make the criminals afraid
    Problem is in many citys the entire block are all criminals . to much section 8 BS .

we had to pay a guy guard out service truck when we parked it to do a job in Milwaukee .

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by 1biggun View Post
    I have been there lost at night an its a very very scary place an i had a 357 mag between the counsel an seat I was scared shit less , burning trash cans drug deals , hookers it looked straigh tout of a movie . last time I went to the Oakland roadster show .

it just as bad as any other big city if not worse .

I have heard through LEO buddies a lot of Milwauke residents are arming them selves especially now that we have concealed carry.
    Try going to a Raiders game with another team jersey on... Last time I went a guy got stabbed in the stadium. Ignorance knows no bounds. Just think about this for a second. It's as if the mind says "Hey you like a different football team than me therefor you need to have a knife inserted into your stomach"
    "What country can preserve its liberties if its rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance?" -Thomas Jefferson-

"Our rights come from our humanity and may not be legislated away -- not by a vote of Congress, not by the consensus of our neighbors, not even by agreement of all Americans but one." Judge Andrew P. Napolitano

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

Try going to a Raiders game with another team jersey on... Last time I went a guy got stabbed in the stadium. Ignorance knows no bounds. Just think about this for a second. It's as if the mind says "Hey you like a different football team than me therefor you need to have a knife inserted into your stomach"
    I used to be a huge Raiders fan before they moved to LA. there training camp was in Santa Rosa California my home town . In high school we used to hang out at the hotel were the camp was . lots of hookers walking around . Lyle Alazato was a monster a real bad guy .

I was heading that stadium when i got lost we cut straight through town when we reliaed we were on the wrong freeway I was very very concerned an my buddies an mine young loud girl friends in the Camareo didn't help .

911 wont even send cops there some time . guy was killed after no one responded to his call ridding Bart is risking your life . LOL

we used to go to Baylands raceway a lot back then an getting there was scary some times .

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Abukai08 View Post
    S.F.Giants and 49ers are just as bad! Just read in the Indy paper a 15 year old boy had the crap beat out of him after the game.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

with the injustice system letting hardened criminals out by the thousands the massive increases in crime are predictable.

just try to not shoot any black criminals-- they don't care what they was doing!

you don't want to end up as a TV scapegoat like the "travon" fiasco!--

Feedback Score

gotta love at when obo4zo let out some of the hardened criminals awhile back

suppose to be relieving the prison system a bit but causing crime among the streets

and they are wondering at why this is happening

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by 1biggun View Post
    I used to be a huge Raiders fan before they moved to LA. there training camp was in Santa Rosa California my home town . In high school we used to hang out at the hotel were the camp was . lots of hookers walking around . Lyle Alazato was a monster a real bad guy .

I was heading that stadium when i got lost we cut straight through town when we reliaed we were on the wrong freeway I was very very concerned an my buddies an mine young loud girl friends in the Camareo didn't help .

911 wont even send cops there some time . guy was killed after no one responded to his call ridding Bart is risking your life . LOL

we used to go to Baylands raceway a lot back then an getting there was scary some times .
    Same here. Stopped being a fan when Al Davis moved the team to LA. Haven't paid much attention since. Started following the 49ers after that. Pretty much stopped following pro-ball now. No team loyalty as players move from team to team, numerous rule changes, high ticket prices, etc. Just as soon follow a couple college teams now. I also remember traveling thru Oakland on Mission Blvd. at night - very risky buit a cheap adrenaline rush. LOL
    When you're born you get a ticket to the freak show. When you're born in America , you get a front row seat. - George Carlin

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.