Thread: White House Defends NSA Amid Social Mapping Report

Feedback Score

Default White House Defends NSA Amid Social Mapping Report

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/wireS...eport-20422650

The White House is defending the National Security Agency following a new report that the agency has been scanning the data it collects to map out some Americans' social connections.

The New York Times reports the tracking started in 2010, allowing the government to identify some Americans' associates, their locations at certain times and their traveling companions. The Times cites documents provided by NSA leaker Edward Snowden.

White House spokesman Jay Carney says he won't comment on specific intelligence activities. But he says the NSA's activities are directed against foreign intelligence targets and geared toward targeting security risks like terrorism.

Carney says U.S. intelligence collection is similar to what other nations do. He says NSA's procedures are approved by the attorney general and, in certain circumstances, a federal oversight court.

Feedback Score

It's good that Homey-the-Hoopster's No1 Homey is s in charge. Makes me feel safe and secure. You know, warm and fuzzy.
    Hunter

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

so they spy on 300,000,000 and catch how many?

if their so efficient at gathering info on foreign terrorist in the USA how did they miss those chetzen terrorist/al-quaidas that blew up the boston marathon?

they were hiding (guess where!) in a mosue and had told everybody that would listen they were planning an attack.

but hey tapping all the cell phones in the USA -- thats more important than real police/intelligence work ! one patrol car in the mosque parking lot could have wrapped the whole thing up--

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

BOTTOM LINE I DONT THINK ANY ONE SHOULD BE LISTING TO WHAT I SAY TO PEOPLE ON THE PHONE . SOME HOW THE GOVERMENT NOW THINKS IT HAS A RIGHT TO LISTNE TO WHAT I SAY TO MY KIDS MY FRIENDS MY GIRL FRIENDS MY BOSS ETC.

THEY DON'T LIKE IT IF WE LISTEN THERE PRIVATE CONVERSATIONS

YES WE NEED TO PROTECT OUR SELVES FROM TERRORISTS BUT AT WHAT COSTS ?

Feedback Score

"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Benjamin Franklin
    "What country can preserve its liberties if its rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance?" -Thomas Jefferson-

"Our rights come from our humanity and may not be legislated away -- not by a vote of Congress, not by the consensus of our neighbors, not even by agreement of all Americans but one." Judge Andrew P. Napolitano

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Abukai08 View Post
    "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Benjamin Franklin
    Amen Abukai!!!! I am not willing to support any infringement on my rights as an American citizen and FREE MAN, because some governmental official or a scared Liberal populace want to monitor EVERY single piece of electronic or voice data. Screw them!!!!
    Enforcement, NOT Amnesty!!!!!!

"If they’re going to come here illegally, apply for & receive assistance through a corrupted Government agency encouraging this lawless behavior, work under the table & send billions of dollars each year back to their families in Mexico, while bleeding local economies dry, protest in our streets waving their Mexican flags DEMANDING rights, while I have to press ’1′ for English, then they need to be shipped back to where they came from!" -Chad Miller

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

They don't profile the enemies of the U.S.---the bastards are profiling US!!!!

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by BBill View Post
    They don't profile the enemies of the U.S.---the bastards are profiling US!!!!
    That's because in their eyes, WE are the enemy.
    " The world is a very dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who do nothing about them." - Albert Einstein, 1879-1955

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.