Gunco Forums banner

Helluva Weekend!!

779 views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  2ndAmendican 
#1 ·
I won't go into all the details, but this past weekend was my step daughter's wedding weekend. Rehearsal and dinner Friday, wedding Saturday afternoon, then of course the reception. Well, my son's wife who is expecting, was due the middle of October, decided to go into labor during all of this. After the rehearsal dinner, we had to drive home, change clothes and head to the hospital for several hours of waiting. Doc says, it's not gonna be tonight, go home. Wife and I head home about 4am, get a few hours of sleep, and then get all dressed up for the wedding, which is on top of a mountain, about an hours drive away. Wedding goes great, reception goes great, then on the drive home, I get a text "Get here now!!!!" LOL. Go to the house, change, and head to the hospital. I got there at 11:57 PM. The baby was born at 12:07 am, 10 minutes after I got there. LOL. They had to run me out of the room so she could deliver. What a weekend. A healthy little granddaughter, and my step daughter is now married. It was long and sleepless, but a wonderful weekend. Pics to follow tomorrow when I get time.

#5 ·
Thanks guys!! Here's a few pics from the weekend. Mother & baby. My step son and step daughter. Step daughter and son with the grandparents after the wedding. Like I said, it was on top of a mountain. The most beautiful chapel I've ever seen.

Attachments

#10 ·
??????

#12 ·
Thanks Stalker. Yeah I finally got a little rest. First full relaxing day off I had, I slept 14 hours straight. I don't know if I've EVER done that before!! LOL.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.