Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Man sets himself on fire on the National Mall

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by moleman View Post
    SouthTexasGuy, A bunch of stuff was closed or had a barricade in front of it. It seemed they spent more money closing stuff than it would of cost to keep open. After going to the spy museum and driving around the mall to see the sights since they were closed, we went to Arlington which was open. The Lee house was closed, and I was half interested to see if they also stopped the guard at the Unknown Soldier which would of been a big mistake. The Guards were there thankfully.
    Mr. Moleman,

That is terrible. I have never been to the cryptology (spy museum) but it's on the list. Last Time I was in DC I took my Chinese wife and stepdaughter (Chinese wife is now a proud citizen, step daughter on the way..we did it the right and legal way) to the WWII monument. I found my Daddy's state and told them a lot of stories about his service. He is still alive BTW.

We went to the Jefferson memorial, the Lincoln memorial. the white house visitors center (since we are not allowed to actually get inside the actual whitehouse anymore like I did when I was a school kid). I met Bobbie Kennedy as a youth. He came out and shook my hand on a tour of the White house by us school kids. I will never forget it. We saw the FBI building (didn't go inside). I was there as a youth on a school field trip..they shot a thompson on the indoor rANGE AND GAVE ALL US KIDS AN EXPENDED shell. You think that would ever happen today?

Nope them guns be evil and only your masters and the minions who serve them can have those nowadays.

We also went to see the House and Room President Lincoln died in. We saw the capitol and congress, and the old supreme court chambers that used to be there. It all echoed with history and made us proud to be Americans.

Ah, back then , when I was a kid, it was a simpler time, the world has moved on and left my old butt behind!
    Last edited by SouthTexasGuy; 10-07-2013 at 05:42 PM. Reason: left some thoughts out

Next door to my neighbors house in Michigan
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by 1biggun View Post
    THE STUFF THERE SHUTTING DOWN IS A JOKE COMPARED TO WHAT NEEDS TO BE SHUT DOWN .
    That is the heart of the matter right there. They are blowing out money faster than they can print it on crap we really don't need or want, but they're willing to do crap like this to save pennies and show how powerful they are. I have been there before, but we were there for my best friends wedding this trip so we took our kids. I'm really glad we missed the driver and the gas guy as I would prefer not to have to explain that to little kids. The kids had still had fun dispite the closures and on Saturday we went to Baltimore and went aboard the USS Constellation and the USS Torsk which are anchored there. It would of been nice to take them to the monuments on the National Mall, but we knew it was going to most likely be closed before we left.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

My kid is susposed to go to DC on a school trip this year . It costing $1300 to send him . Honetly Id like to take the money an take him my self an skip the liberal school tour.

I wonder how family's are supposed to afford this crap . I can afford it .

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

I dont think there should be a government plane fying unless its a war plane . I think law makers need to take buses an trains

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SouthTexasGuy View Post
    Mr. Moleman,

That is terrible. I have never been to the cryptology (spy museum) but it's on the list. Last Time I was in DC I took my Chinese wife and stepdaughter (Chinese wife is now a proud citizen, step daughter on the way..we did it the right and legal way) to the WWII monument. I found my Daddy's state and told them a lot of stories about his service. He is still alive BTW.

We went to the Jefferson memorial, the Lincoln memorial. the white house visitors center (since we are not allowed to actually get inside the actual whitehouse anymore like I did when I was a school kid). I met Bobbie Kennedy as a youth. He came out and shook my hand on a tour of the White house by us school kids. I will never forget it. We saw the FBI building (didn't go inside). I was there as a youth on a school field trip..they shot a thompson on the indoor rANGE AND GAVE ALL US KIDS AN EXPENDED shell. You think that would ever happen today?

Nope them guns be evil and only your masters and the minions who serve them can have those nowadays.

We also went to see the House and Room President Lincoln died in. We saw the capitol and congress, and the old supreme court chambers that used to be there. It all echoed with history and made us proud to be Americans.

Ah, back then , when I was a kid, it was a simpler time, the world has moved on and left my old butt behind!
    I'd love to see the room Lincoln died in. Just wish it had happened a few years earlier.

I went to D.C. numerous times as a kid, but had no appreciation of it all. I'd love to check it all out now as an old fart, who truly appreciates what the founding fathers were trying to do, and the history of it all. I definitely want to see the Jefferson Memorial again.
    Enforcement, NOT Amnesty!!!!!!

"If they’re going to come here illegally, apply for & receive assistance through a corrupted Government agency encouraging this lawless behavior, work under the table & send billions of dollars each year back to their families in Mexico, while bleeding local economies dry, protest in our streets waving their Mexican flags DEMANDING rights, while I have to press ’1′ for English, then they need to be shipped back to where they came from!" -Chad Miller

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

thy may think its not a concern to the puplic but fankly Im concerend when a nut is walking around with gas an matches . be glad he did not do it in a theater or bus.

we had a nut light off gas in a bus years back an it was not pretty .

GET CRIME NEWSLETTERS:
    SUBSCRIBE
    FOLLOW: News, DC Fire, John Constantino Dead, John Constantino Family, John Constantino Mentally Ill, Man On Fire At National Mall, Man-Self-Immolates-At-National-Mall, Crime News
    WASHINGTON -- WASHINGTON (AP) — The death of a New Jersey man who set himself on fire on the National Mall was the result of his long fight with mental illness, not a political statement, his family said.

John Constantino, 64, of Mount Laurel, N.J., poured the contents of a canister of gasoline on himself in the center portion of the mall Friday afternoon, police said. He then set himself ablaze, with passing joggers taking off their shirts to help put out the flames.

Police had said Constantino conscious and breathing at the scene, but he died later that night at a Washington hospital.

"John Constantino was a loving father and husband. His death was not a political act or statement, but the result of his long battle with mental illness," his family said in a statement issued through attorney Jeffrey Cox.

The statement did not address the nature of the mental illness.

The family said in the statement that it "would like to acknowledge the heroism of the paramedics and bystanders who attempted to save" Constantino.

The family "is shocked and deeply saddened," the statement said. Describing the incident as a "personal family matter and not an issue of public concern," it asked that the media respect its request for privacy.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

ths happend here in 98 or so an the victoms barely survived . missing ears an crap it was not good the criminal had been in out of mendota mental hospital more times than I can count but they kept letting him loose .

Advertise with usReport this ad
    6 hurt when man pours gas in Wisconsin bus, lights it
    PrintFont [+] [-]
    Leave a comment »
    Published: Monday, April 20 1998 12:00 a.m. MDT
    Facebook
    Twitter
    Pinterest

Summary
    A man boarded a city bus, poured gasoline and then lit it on fire, seriously burning himself and five others as the driver swerved to a stop and fled along with the screaming passengers.
    Four people, including the driver, were hospitalized in critical condition Monday after escaping from the bus about 6:30 p.m. Sunday. The two others, including the 20-year-old suspect, were in serious condition.
    A man boarded a city bus, poured gasoline and then lit it on fire, seriously burning himself and five others as the driver swerved to a stop and fled along with the screaming passengers.

Four people, including the driver, were hospitalized in critical condition Monday after escaping from the bus about 6:30 p.m. Sunday. The two others, including the 20-year-old suspect, were in serious condition.The suspect, who was not identified, got on the bus in Madison's downtown and rode to the southwest side before tossing gasoline on or near a passenger, police spokesman Steve Beavers said.

"We don't know if he picked that person on purpose or at random," Beavers said.

The suspect, looking dazed and burned, was arrested an hour later, about a mile from the scene. Police had used tracking dogs in the search.

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)

Years ago when I worked at an Amoco gas station on the night shift, I had an incident with a carload of drunk a$$holes that were threatening me. I had left my pistol in the building, under the counter, because it was nice weather, and I didn't want to carry in a shoulder rig and have to have a jacket on to cover it. The driver started being a jerk, and when I told him to leave, he told me I didn't have the balls to make "them" leave. The other guys started getting out of the car, so I turned on the nearest pump (reset key back in those days.) and whipped out my Bic lighter. I told him I'd light them all up with my "flamethrower". He again said I didn't have the balls, but now was shaking. I told him to push it and see. They got back in the car and left, spinning tires and cussing me all to hell. Said they'd be back when I wasn't prepared, and they'd get me. Never saw them again though. Scared the living hellouta me. LOL. A few mninutes after they left I was a shaking mess as the adrenaline was wearing off. Had a lot of wierd stuff happen there on the night shift.
    Enforcement, NOT Amnesty!!!!!!

"If they’re going to come here illegally, apply for & receive assistance through a corrupted Government agency encouraging this lawless behavior, work under the table & send billions of dollars each year back to their families in Mexico, while bleeding local economies dry, protest in our streets waving their Mexican flags DEMANDING rights, while I have to press ’1′ for English, then they need to be shipped back to where they came from!" -Chad Miller

Feedback Score

That's what happens when you live in a place where cousins are allowed to marry sisters and shit.
    Hunter

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

????
    "NA BEAN DON CHAT GUN LAMHAINN"
    Clan MacPherson
    "CREAG DHUBH"!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.