Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: I got an add in the mail this past week for the Mossberg tac 22

Feedback Score

Default I got an add in the mail this past week for the Mossberg tac 22

From wallyworld and I went to the salem va store to buy one. Got told they didn't sell "assault weapons' vabut I could drive to west va and get one. Not worth the drive cause I'm sure I can get one from a local gunshop.just think its odd they won't stock a 22 rifle.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

Red face

Tell you truth there my man. I would rather have a PROVEN performer in my collection.

Most any fair to reasonable GUN shop will sell you a RUGER 10-22 carbine.

This carbine will do anything an assualt carbine could do. Especially with a couple of BX-25 mags and some stock 8 round rotaries.

Oh, plus you might end up paying a little less for it as well?

:-)

CHEERS!

Good luck there bro.
    M U S I B I K E

Feedback Score

And I agree. I have a 1022 i put a .920 barrel on and added a houge synthetic stock.cleaned up the trigger on it. Just thought about something a house breaker wouldn't have the sense to know it wasn't what it was. Dont like to have the real guns out of the safe while I'm running to the store. I live half mile off the road and done stopped three attempt ed breakins and I live in a good neighbor hood.it's just that dope is everywhere and I was thinking about something that looked a little bad before I pulled out the real gun.thank you for your thoughts tho and I'm not driving two hours for acheap wa na be.just thought it was odd va wallys won't sell cheap 22 ya know? Thanks for your input!

Feedback Score

Score one for you my friend. Walmart did you a favor. Those things are garbage. A good buddy of mine bought one for his 8 year old son and during a day at the range we can honestly say we were not impressed. I have nothing against Mossberg, but if you that was a poor choice. My buddy went directly from the range to a fun store, traded it in, took a $100 lump to the head and traded it in for the S&W M&P-15/22. Definitely a better choice if I ever saw one.
    "What country can preserve its liberties if its rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance?" -Thomas Jefferson-

"Our rights come from our humanity and may not be legislated away -- not by a vote of Congress, not by the consensus of our neighbors, not even by agreement of all Americans but one." Judge Andrew P. Napolitano

Feedback Score

Ha! Thanks for the Input.I'll definitely leave that alone.

Always sore, always tired Bradrock's Avatar
    Feedback Score
    23 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Abukai08 View Post
    Score one for you my friend. Walmart did you a favor. Those things are garbage. A good buddy of mine bought one for his 8 year old son and during a day at the range we can honestly say we were not impressed. I have nothing against Mossberg, but if you that was a poor choice. My buddy went directly from the range to a fun store, traded it in, took a $100 lump to the head and traded it in for the S&W M&P-15/22. Definitely a better choice if I ever saw one.
    I bet the lucky 8 year old loves his new S&W!
    " Save a tree...........Eat A Beaver!"

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by Bradrock View Post
    I bet the lucky 8 year old loves his new S&W!
    Well He did, but I don't remember him shooting it much me and his dad were having too much fun with it
    "What country can preserve its liberties if its rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance?" -Thomas Jefferson-

"Our rights come from our humanity and may not be legislated away -- not by a vote of Congress, not by the consensus of our neighbors, not even by agreement of all Americans but one." Judge Andrew P. Napolitano

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by Abukai08 View Post
    How does he like the S&W? Two guys at work bought them. One works, the other has FTF and FTE issues. I was trying to mess with it thinking maybe it just needed to be broke in, and had a round fire out of battery. I wouldn't buy one after seeing that.

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by 00redZX-6R View Post
    How does he like the S&W? Two guys at work bought them. One works, the other has FTF and FTE issues. I was trying to mess with it thinking maybe it just needed to be broke in, and had a round fire out of battery. I wouldn't buy one after seeing that.
    My buddy just threw a Barska Reflex Sight on it and it comes to the range with us almost every time and I have never seen an issue with it and that's thousands of rounds through it. My only issue with it is the Magazines are pretty expensive. Other than that I haven't noticed anything wrong with it. I have had one on my shopping list for a while, but I have other projects to finish first.

Citizen, Patriot, Ranger bellson's Avatar
    Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

I have two Ruger 10/22 rifles, bought years ago. I just recently decided to upgrade both. Bought new Boyds Tacticool Stocks, .920 barrels, and Nodakspud front and rear sights for both. They are TACK DRIVERS! Even JRS likes them.

If I had it to do all over again, and I did NOT already own the 10/22, I would put together an AR-15, and buy the CMMG .22lr conversion.

Just sayin.
    Imagine whirled peas

Peace, Love, And Superior Firepower

Bellson

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.