Gunco Forums banner

now the atf is selling hand grenades across the border

2K views 24 replies 10 participants last post by  kernelkrink 
#1 ·
Just woke up to the morning news. They let some guy smuggle grenades into Mexico. Wtf is next

#3 ·
That's not fair!!! I want some!!

#4 ·
i'm pretty sure there are some RPGs, AT-4s, stingers and m203s that was sold by that US goberment/BATF "pawn-shop" to the zetas as well as those dreaded AKs and .50 bmgs the government was so worried about.

to me it looks like a CIA operation to topple the mexican government more than a "gun control" effort.

some of obammas pals must want obama to be king of mexico after this term is up??

#5 ·
No, they want him to be "Supreme Dictator of the Americas"!!

#9 ·
According to a Justice Department "Significant Incident Report" filed Tuesday and obtained by CBS News, evidence connects one of the grenades to Jean Baptiste Kingery, an alleged firearms trafficker U.S. officials allowed to operate for years without arresting despite significant evidence that he was moving massive amounts of grenade parts and ammunition to Mexico's ruthless drug cartels.

Read the Significant Incident Report

"Grenade-walking" part of "Gunwalking" scandal
New evidence in ATF's mysterious grenade smuggler case
Complete coverage of the gunwalking scandal

The gun battle took place last week in Guadalajara. Authorities say five members of the Jalisco New Generation Cartel used at least nine firearms and ten hand grenades against Mexican police. If one of the grenades was supplied with the help of Kingery, as believed, it adds to the toll of lives taken with weapons trafficked by suspects U.S. officials watched but did not stop.

The Kingery case was overseen by the same Arizona U.S. Attorney and ATF office that let suspects traffic thousands of weapons to Mexican drug cartels in the operation dubbed Fast and Furious. The strategy was to try to get to the cartel kingpins, but it was halted after CBS News reported that Fast and Furious weapons were used by cartel thugs in the murder of Border Patrol agent Brian Terry on December 15, 2010. Weapons trafficked by other ATF suspects under surveillance were used two months later in the cartel murder of Immigration and Customs Agent Jaime Zapata in Mexico on February 15, 2011.

On Wednesday, ATF told CBS News it has "no information" about the Kingery connection to last week's gun battle in Mexico.

As CBS News previously reported, documents show ATF began watching Kingery in "2004 related to AK47 purchases" he was believed to be trafficking to Mexico.

In 2009, ATF also learned Kingery was dealing in grenades; weapons of choice for Mexico's killer cartels. Documents show they developed a secret plan to let him smuggle parts to Mexico in early 2010 and follow him to his factory. Some ATF agents vehemently objected, worried that Kingery would disappear once he crossed the border into Mexico. That's exactly what happened.

Kingery resurfaced several months later in 2010, trying to smuggle a stash of grenade bodies and ammunition into Mexico, but was again let go when prosecutors allegedly said they couldn't build a good case. In 2011, Mexican authorities finally raided Kingery's factory and arrested him -- they say he confessed to teaching cartel members how to build grenades and convert semi-automatic weapons to automatic. The Justice Department has not provided an update on whether it's trying to extradite Kingery to the U.S., and an ATF spokesman said on Wednesday that he doesn't know the status of his case.

#12 ·
I have to agree with this story we have exported too much death into mexico and that blood is on our hands. We have exported millions of AR-47 semi-automatic silenced belt-fed machine guns, with assault bullets, to the cartels. We have forced the mexican people to eat McDonald cheese burgers, and domino's pizza to clog their arteries, forced them to drink real coca cola FROM A GLASS BOTTLE, with real sugar in it that will rot their teeth, oh for the love of god when will we learn...Oh the humanity! so much mexican blood on our hands from our exported deathhhhhhh

#21 ·
stalker it is so easy. Hell only took me a year to learn how to do it..
- Left click your mouse and pass over what you want to copy..It should turn blue..
- Right click your mouse and you should see "copy" hit copy...
- Now when you get to where you want to put what you have copied. Hit paste.
- Copy and paste..
Lot of forums will jump on you, if you put something up without a link.. Usually 10% posting of a link is the safe zone for copy rite infringements.
Have to be careful with pictures also.. Their are people out their begging to sue, if you use their copyrighted picture.

#17 ·
I have read about Israel galils shipped to south america aks from wherever why is the big deal about semi's from here? Even Vietnam era 16's showing up ( SOF) and i know why concentrate on semis. Are the big deal it's all about the press.sigh

#20 ·
Well Kids, let me tell you a true story.

This shit ain't gonna stop. Now the CIA is officially banned from operating in the US (but yet they still do).

But operating in Mexico, all bets are off.

Years ago when Pineapple face (Noriega) was large and in charge in Panama ..they had US Military planes with kilos of coke running into US AFB's. The police found out about it and busted em. It was a forgotten blurb, buried on the 9th or 11th page in the newspapers somewhere, back in the day. Now that everything is online and malleable, changeable..take a screen shot. As God is my witness it will change the next freaking day.

The CIA can't get funding for covert ops..without telling dumbass congressmen what's up. So they run guns and drugs for the cash to finance the ops. I even heard tell of some human trafficking in pretty young girls. I wouldn't put anything past these assholes.
Plus the Pussy Obama Admin. would just love some guns from the US showing up at Mexican crime scenes so they could decimate the 2nd amendment!

Hang grenades not so much. You need a destructive device license for that. To my knowledge, not 1 destructive device holders grenades has ever been involved in a crime. That guy was shipping empty shells (to be filled later). He gives all firearms owners a bad name. May he rot in hell in a Mexican prison. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Time to burn it down and start over again!

#24 ·
20 years ago a scandal like this could have cost politicians there careers. Today with every F&6king news story an email spun to be some major big time shocking big hairy deal an people have become numb to it .

Presidents getting blown in the limo by a dude . Hell that will barley get attention these days. secret service gets caught banging hookers no big deal. president lies no big deal. congress men snding pictures of ther e dick no big deal . Senators who might run for president are turning out to be gay who cares.

IMO THE INTER NET AN THE MEDIA HAS MADE US NUMB TO ANY ACTION ANY ONE DOES. HALF THE CRAP POSTED OR EMAILED IS BS AN PEOPLE REALLY DONT BELIEVE A DAMN THING. UNTIL SOME ONE GETS CAUGHT WITH A SMOKING GUN ON NATION TV NOBODY WILL CARE .

THE STORY IM READING SAYS HE WAS SMUGGLING GRENADE SHELLS . i THINK THERE STILL LEGAL ??????????????????????????/// i USED TO SEE THEM AT THE GUN SHOWS WITH THE STRIKER STILL INTACT . CAN YOU STILL BUY THEM THAT WAY? ITS PRETTY i HAVE READ TO REACTIVATE THEM

#25 ·
The "practice grenades" are legal to sell, and possess. What they probably got him on was the "export", you need a permit to export "munitions", and these days that covers almost anything military, including canteens and combat boots! I have sold some milsurp items on Ebay, every frikken' time I get a question asking if I will ship to a foreign country. I dunno if it's an automated thing Ebay does to find folks violating the export laws, or some bored fed trolling...

As for re-activating, I dunno as I would want to be holding a live grenade with a homemade fuse! OTOH, I have seen "practice" flashbang grenade fuse assemblies for sale, unrestricted. Some have a left hand thread to keep them from just screwing into a standard grenade, but I got a feeling anyone with a drill bit the right size and some epoxy could find a way to secure it in place.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.