Thread: The NSA Might Think You’re a Terrorist [Infographic]

Feedback Score

Default The NSA Might Think You’re a Terrorist [Infographic]

http://smallbusiness.yahoo.com/advis...031530670.html

Does the NSA mistakenly believe you’re a terrorist? It’s possible.

After all, a “false positive” is an erroneous ‘positive’ diagnosis resulting from testing inaccuracies. It is true that the test will accurately measure 99 percent of terrorists who take it—but it’s false that 99 percent of “positive results” are terrorists.

Just how rare are terrorists in America? Between 2001 and 2011, there were 207 attempted terrorist attacks in America, which is an average of 20.7 per year. If we cautiously assume 20 individuals were involved per attack, that would mean there were 414 terrorists in America per year.

This also equates to one in 624,297 Americans being a terrorist.

With the help of Bayes Theorem, we can determine there’s a 99.98416 percent false positive—probability of not being a terrorist given a ‘positive’ test result. Surprised?

The higher the rarity, the more false results—despite an accurate test. In order for the NSA to have a 94 percent probability of actually finding a terrorist with a ‘positive’ result, the NSA testing methods would have to reach 99.9999 percent accuracy, which is equivalent to the accuracy of a DNA test.

These are a lot of numbers thrown at you—and some assumptions are made. What you really need to remember is this: never say anything (NSA) online! To learn more, check out the infographic below presented by TopComputerScienceDegrees.com.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

if you not a democrat party loyalist and an obama "freak" you sir ARE a TERRORIST! that is the "new" test!

TRX
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

NSA has no reason to reduce false positives. The more terrorists, the more funding.

*I* am on a terrorist list. Back in the '80s when "Dollar Billy" Klinton was governor, he was part of a multi-state "initiative" to control terrorism. Since there weren't any terrorists in Arkanasas then (or now, as far as I know), he dumped the list of registered NFA weapons owners into the pot. Arkansas requires SMGs that shoot pistol ammunition be registered with the state, and my MAC-11 was duly registered. So, from that time on, whenever I had any dealings with the police, things got *very* strange after they checked my ID.

Are *you* on a list? Unless you're part of a group that is publicly known to be listed, it's for them to know and you to find out. Comrade.
    Perge, scelus, mihi diem perficias.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by TRX View Post
    NSA has no reason to reduce false positives. The more terrorists, the more funding.

*I* am on a terrorist list. Back in the '80s when "Dollar Billy" Klinton was governor, he was part of a multi-state "initiative" to control terrorism. Since there weren't any terrorists in Arkanasas then (or now, as far as I know), he dumped the list of registered NFA weapons owners into the pot. Arkansas requires SMGs that shoot pistol ammunition be registered with the state, and my MAC-11 was duly registered. So, from that time on, whenever I had any dealings with the police, things got *very* strange after they checked my ID.

Are *you* on a list? Unless you're part of a group that is publicly known to be listed, it's for them to know and you to find out. Comrade.
    you ain't the only one brother--

hell whatever happened to "freedom"? i know it been gone for a while but now days the police state is looking very "obvious" these days.

you know that killer who took out that state police ?Frenid of bill" who just happened to know a little too much used a 9mm SMG--he got wasted on a sunday afternoon coming home from church.

the thing is the killer shot a perfect burst through the car door. all the rounds went into a 6" pattern.

last time i saw a gang-banger try to use an UZI --the bullet holes were FEET apart and he sprayed bullets everywhere.

that killer that shoot bills pal looked like he new a little bit about firing a full auto ---but the state of arkansas says it was just a lucky-shot err burst--LOL!

the investigation stalled and said it was 'gang-bangers' that got him.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

+1 j427x

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.