Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: STOCKPILE YOUR AMMO NOW!!! - New EPA Regs Force Last Lead Smelter in US to Close

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Peanut Butter
    When all else fails-read the instructions!

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Yup,,,Penut Butter,,make's them ,,buelts,, slide down the bore better,,,

Not being a metallurgist I put down the incorrect symbol,,close enough so,, MOST GOT IT,,,,,

That's what I love about this place,,,,

NEVER AT A LOSS FOR SMART ASS'S,,,,Gezzzzzzz

Feedback Score

Look in ur yellow pages at pharmacies. Spot one that has nuclear in the name .they have to get the radioactive material shipped in lead.used to pay somebody to take it off their hands .been casting bp slugs out of it for years. No probs except for that extra finger growing out of my left ear

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

The last two days I have had Emails sales from three stores selling ammo and most was labeled LEAD FREE so I dont think it will be an outright shortage, but may be a jump in the lower cost ammo.
    Pryotex is TEC Tactical, A Licensed 07/SOT

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Last US lead smelter closure highlights need to rescind bullet material limits

Snippit:

With last month's announcement that the Doe Run Company will be closing its lead smelting operation in Herculaneum, Missouri in December, America will lose its last primary lead smelter (there are still some domestic secondary smelting operations, that recycle used lead, but refining lead-bearing ore into lead bullion will be a thing of the past in the U.S.). Doe Run is closing the operation because compliance with new EPA regulations would require a $100,000,000 investment--more than the company is willing to risk.

This could carry dire consequences with regard to availability and price of ammunition, prompting some to speculate that the anti-gun Obama administration's EPA is motivated less by the claimed concern for "cleaner air" than by desire to squeeze private gun ownership from a new, less obvious angle.

Perhaps, perhaps not, but regardless, the squeeze is likely to be felt quite keenly by gun owners. All the more keenly because of longstanding federal law banning the use of many other materials in the construction of bullets used in "handgun ammunition." If lead is unavailable/unaffordable (and now verboten, to California hunters), and if a great many other possible bullet materials are illegal, the remaining options are both few and of limited utility.

And that means that the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives can, if it chooses, ban bullets made with tungsten alloys, steel, brass, etc., in virtually every caliber. It is hardly difficult to imagine the BATFE, especially under an administration like this one, choosing to do precisely that.

Continued: http://www.examiner.com/article/last...aterial-limits

Black Blade: The one to watch out for is the EPA. No oversight and they are free to run amok trampling individual rights and dieregard private property onwership.
    When you're born you get a ticket to the freak show. When you're born in America , you get a front row seat. - George Carlin

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Allen West warns Obama’s ‘backdoor gun control is moving forward.'

Come 2014, all ammunition sold to civilian gun-owners in America will have to be imported, a result of President Obama’s crackdown on sulfur dioxide and lead emissions and accompanying harsh Environmental Protection Agency regulations, said former Florida congressman, Lt. Col. Allen West.

And for defenders of the Second Amendment, that means higher ammo prices are likely on the way — a situation Mr. Allen writes on his blog, AllenBWest.com, is akin to a federal power-grab on guns, albeit through the backdoor.

The situation stemmed from the shutdown of The Doe Run Lead Smelter in Missouri, a business that’s been around since 1892 but due to close at the end of this month. Mr. West said it’s due to new air standards placed on the company that would have cost $100 million to achieve. The significance is that Doe Run was the last lead smelting plant in the country — leaving America no choice but to turn to overseas operations to produce lead bullets.

“[This] will surely increase the price and possibly come under government control,” Mr. West warned, Breitbart.com reported. “It seems this is fully in concert with the U.S. Military and Homeland Defense recent purchase of large quantities of ammunition.”

He said the “chilling effect” is that while the closure of the smelt plant doesn’t take guns out of the hands of Americans, it does put in jeopardy ammunition supplies.

“You can own all the guns you want, but if you can’t get ammo, you are out of luck,” Mr. West wrote, on his blog. “Remember when President Obama promised his minions that he was working on gun control behind the scenes? Welcome to it. The result is that all domestically mined ore will have to be shipped overseas, refined and then shipped back to the U.S.”

Mr. West warned: “Not only will ammo be even harder to come by, the demand and the process of supply will cause the price to skyrocket even more. And ponder this, there is an excellent chance that Obama will rig the market to where all ammo has to be purchased from the government, instituting an ammo registration. … So America, back door gun control is moving forward … [and] our Second Amendment rights are undergoing an assault by clandestine infiltration.”

Read more: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...#ixzz2mLojOp7H

Black Blade: Well stocked myself. "Buy It Cheap and Stack It Deep"
    When you're born you get a ticket to the freak show. When you're born in America , you get a front row seat. - George Carlin

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

CAR BATTERIES USE ABOUT 1000% MORE LEAD THAN BULLET MAKERS USE . SO DOES THIS MEAN WERE NOT GOING TO BE ABLE TO GET CAR BATTERIES??????

THAT PLANT HAS BEEN IN TROUBLE FOR A LONG LONG TIME . I SEROUSLY DOUBT ITS A ANT GUNERS CONSPIRACY.

WILL AMMO GO UP IN PRICE? SURE IT WILL BUT I DONT GET WERE ALL THIS YOU WILL NEED TO BUY FROM THE GOVERNMENT BS IS COMING FORM ?

ALL THIS INTERNET THE SKY IS FALLING BS IS HURT GUN OWNERS MORE THAN OBAMA . EVERTIME THERE IS AS INTERNET AN MEDA FEED FRENZY EVER WANABE PREPEPER GOES NUTS AN BUYS ALL THE AMMO AN THAT MAKES IT SCARCE AN DRIVES UP THE PRICE . ITS HOARDERS THAT HAVE MADE AMMO SCARCE NOT THE GOVERNMENT .

OH KNOW A LEAD SMELTER HAS SHUT DOWN EVERY ONE PANIC AN BUY AMMO THEY LIKELY WILL NEVER NEED. JUST WHAT WE NEED MORE PANIC .

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by 1biggun View Post
    CAR BATTERIES USE ABOUT 1000% MORE LEAD THAN BULLET MAKERS USE . SO DOES THIS MEAN WERE NOT GOING TO BE ABLE TO GET CAR BATTERIES??????

THAT PLANT HAS BEEN IN TROUBLE FOR A LONG LONG TIME . I SEROUSLY DOUBT ITS A ANT GUNERS CONSPIRACY.

WILL AMMO GO UP IN PRICE? SURE IT WILL BUT I DONT GET WERE ALL THIS YOU WILL NEED TO BUY FROM THE GOVERNMENT BS IS COMING FORM ?

ALL THIS INTERNET THE SKY IS FALLING BS IS HURT GUN OWNERS MORE THAN OBAMA . EVERTIME THERE IS AS INTERNET AN MEDA FEED FRENZY EVER WANABE PREPEPER GOES NUTS AN BUYS ALL THE AMMO AN THAT MAKES IT SCARCE AN DRIVES UP THE PRICE . ITS HOARDERS THAT HAVE MADE AMMO SCARCE NOT THE GOVERNMENT .

OH KNOW A LEAD SMELTER HAS SHUT DOWN EVERY ONE PANIC AN BUY AMMO THEY LIKELY WILL NEVER NEED. JUST WHAT WE NEED MORE PANIC .
    Holy SHIT! 1biggun you and I agree on something. It is entirely obvious that there is an agenda to keep us wound up, worried, and to create more panic buying, more hoarding, and more shortages, all in the name of being prepared. While in reality all it does is make it harder on everyone by limiting availability of ammunition and raising the price. Fine work conspiracy nuts, you have played right into their hands, once again.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

It's the last primary lead smelter in the US and shipping concentrates adds cost to products with lead components. Marginal decreases in supply can bring dramatic prices increases. Foreign materials can be effectively banned by the prez with a stroke of the pen (one of the few real presidential powers). Not that all this really matters much to me as I have several hundread thousand rounds (I suspect much more but who's counting). As long as I have a couple lifetime supplies socked away then I am not worried about my needs for the rest of my life. Those who fail to prep have been warned so screw them. I figure the EPA will eventually push through a ban on lead ammo at some point (it's for the environment and birds ya know).

Sorry Biggun, I skip your posts because the all caps is just too annoying for me to read.

Feedback Score

If you cast check out my posts 26and33 you would need to add antimony for anything other than black powder but the place I worked at paid to have it removed! Yuppies.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.