Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: STOCKPILE YOUR AMMO NOW!!! - New EPA Regs Force Last Lead Smelter in US to Close

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

Come 2014, all ammunition sold to civilian gun-owners in America will have to be imported,..............that means higher ammo prices are likely on the way — a situation Mr. Allen writes on his blog,
    I think that's strange, imported ammo has always been cheaper then a lot of ammo made here, the down side is a lot of the import ammo isn't reloadable because of Berden primers or steel cases.
    "Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem" Ronald Reagan

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

http://gun-deals.com/list/ammo/.223%252F5.56

I know Wolf ammo. I use it, got good reports and bad. But hell it goes bang... Keep in mind last Nappy Head and crew panic, it was up to a $1,000 a case.. C&D..
    I have been re-loading .45 acp.. To old for that front line grunt stuff, you youngguns are in charge now.. Think I have about 3,000 .45s reloaded..
    Advantages being old.. Sit in the kitchen with the women, read the maps, get on the radio and ask how you guys are doing out there.
    Bad guys come within 50 feet, my .45 comes out.. Hell that is all yah need, a good John Moses Browning .45.
    Think he invented it, right?
    "Man needs but two things to survive alone in the woods. A blow up female doll and his trusty old AK-47" - Thomas Jefferson 1781

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

Foreign materials can be effectively banned by the prez with a stroke of the pen (one of the few real presidential powers).
    So the president is going to stop lead from coming into the county?? I doubt it .

Yes bullet costs may go up so will battery any thing made of brass ( brass has lead in it ) .

every time you see a electic fork lift they have about 2000 to - 4000 pounds of lead in them . so I guess if lead is banned anything that is loaded on a truck from a ware house will need to be handled by hand LOL .

If the prersident were to ban lead importation then a lot of things would change an a lot of it would have a lot more impact than the cost of bullets .

the biggest reason ammo is expensive rigth now is Preppers, Zombie huners , mall ninjas .

Is there going to be a revolt or disater or or invasion or Nucular attack ? Mayybe . Im not going to spend most of my pay check an my time worriyng about the off chance ill need 5000 rounds of ammo to wage a personal war on what ever is going to happen I have better things to do . I dont need enought ammo for every person on my street . The odds your going to be able to use any of it if some thing happens are about 1000-1 . you most likely wiull be dead like every one else an if you do open fire then then you will be likely killed any way . IMO IMO.

I have enough ammo to go hunting an do most of my recreatioal shooting . IM going to worry about my mortager an food an they to have soem food an stuff stored . this notion you need 100 guns for the future is sort of silly . Im going to be worreid about carrying one or two guns an what ever ammo I can carry if I got to bail.

I have no Illusions of being in a bunker fighting off zombies or Chinese or what ever . If It were to happen they would just bomb me.

I could not stock up on ammo If I wanted to I cant afford it any more because hoarders have driven the prices an availability beyond what I an most can afford .

apparently every one feels they need 500,000 rounds of 22 lr an 9mm for every family member .

Is the sky is falling crap like this that is hurting every one . If you got the money to have bunker houses in several parts of the country an 500 guns an millions of rounds of ammo great . the rest of the world dosent . during the last gun rush I see guys missing tere mortgage an car payments to buys a stupid AR 15 for $2000 . the same gun is $600 today .

WE WOULD ALL LIKE TO THINK WERE GOING TO BE LIKE THE GUYS IN RED DAWN BUT IT A PIPE DREAM IN REALITY .

I HIPE BULLET PRICES DONT GO UP TO MUCH FROMTHE SMELTER SHUT DOWN . I SUSPECT A AMMO RUSH WILL DRIVE PRICES UP 1000% MORE THAN THE COST OF IMPORTING LEAD .

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by 1biggun View Post
    So the president is going to stop lead from coming into the county?? I doubt it .

Yes bullet costs may go up so will battery any thing made of brass ( brass has lead in it ) .

every time you see a electic fork lift they have about 2000 to - 4000 pounds of lead in them . so I guess if lead is banned anything that is loaded on a truck from a ware house will need to be handled by hand LOL .

If the prersident were to ban lead importation then a lot of things would change an a lot of it would have a lot more impact than the cost of bullets .

the biggest reason ammo is expensive rigth now is Preppers, Zombie huners , mall ninjas .

Is there going to be a revolt or disater or or invasion or Nucular attack ? Mayybe . Im not going to spend most of my pay check an my time worriyng about the off chance ill need 5000 rounds of ammo to wage a personal war on what ever is going to happen I have better things to do . I dont need enought ammo for every person on my street . The odds your going to be able to use any of it if some thing happens are about 1000-1 . you most likely wiull be dead like every one else an if you do open fire then then you will be likely killed any way . IMO IMO.

I have enough ammo to go hunting an do most of my recreatioal shooting . IM going to worry about my mortager an food an they to have soem food an stuff stored . this notion you need 100 guns for the future is sort of silly . Im going to be worreid about carrying one or two guns an what ever ammo I can carry if I got to bail.

I have no Illusions of being in a bunker fighting off zombies or Chinese or what ever . If It were to happen they would just bomb me.

I could not stock up on ammo If I wanted to I cant afford it any more because hoarders have driven the prices an availability beyond what I an most can afford .

apparently every one feels they need 500,000 rounds of 22 lr an 9mm for every family member .

Is the sky is falling crap like this that is hurting every one . If you got the money to have bunker houses in several parts of the country an 500 guns an millions of rounds of ammo great . the rest of the world dosent . during the last gun rush I see guys missing tere mortgage an car payments to buys a stupid AR 15 for $2000 . the same gun is $600 today .

WE WOULD ALL LIKE TO THINK WERE GOING TO BE LIKE THE GUYS IN RED DAWN BUT IT A PIPE DREAM IN REALITY .

I HIPE BULLET PRICES DONT GO UP TO MUCH FROMTHE SMELTER SHUT DOWN . I SUSPECT A AMMO RUSH WILL DRIVE PRICES UP 1000% MORE THAN THE COST OF IMPORTING LEAD .
    2 days, 2 posts, and we agree again!

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

Now don't get me wrong if prepping is what your into an you can afford it then be my guest . Im not slamming BlackBlade here he has his way of life an from what I have read over the years can afford it an still do other things .

If there is never a SHTF situation I bet every thing he has is still worth more than he paid for it an is still good to have . I hope he never has to use all that stuff an I suspect he does to .

I would love to have a ton or two of ammo an all that stuff but I have to eat today first.

an he is right ammo will likey go up an he may be right the government will try some sort of ammo restrictions some day .

I cant afford any thing right now so its a mute point, I do wish guys would relax a bit an let ammo sit onthe shelves a few days so things will calm down .

I dont trust my goverment but I dont necessary fear it to the point that I think there going to come take me away . I do think there need to be some serious changes. I cant do a whole lot really any way .

I have a bug out bag/ pack for me an my son I have a Arms for each an ammo . I am going to assume if SHTF that I wont be able to stay in my home an that id have likley move . I can only carry so much an lets face it there wont be gas after a couple days so you better be able to pack what you need . Id like to have a few hundred gallons of gas on rotation plan so its always fresh an I have room for a tank . A LP generator to run off my big lp tank would be nice. even a Ice storm here in WI could bring us to our knees . I have o dreams of surviving more than a few months if SHTF on what I have currently .

al l this Ill hunt for food is BS IMO . the deer hreard an every othr thing would be wiped out in a few monthes if every one here in this state had to hnt for food as many do already . yea you might be able to gat a deer or two before thrre gonebut you better havre away to can or jerk it or keep it usable with out electricity .

I have no real game plan an I should . Im not dismissing every thing here I just dont think the lead smelting shut down is a gun grab plan. Its obvious they had issues for a very long time . I dont know how serious there violations are but lets be honest we only have one world an we have screwed it up a lot in the last 125 years .

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by 1biggun View Post
    Now don't get me wrong if prepping is what your into an you can afford it then be my guest . Im not slamming BlackBlade here he has his way of life an from what I have read over the years can afford it an still do other things .

If there is never a SHTF situation I bet every thing he has is still worth more than he paid for it an is still good to have . I hope he never has to use all that stuff an I suspect he does to .

I would love to have a ton or two of ammo an all that stuff but I have to eat today first.

an he is right ammo will likey go up an he may be right the government will try some sort of ammo restrictions some day .

I cant afford any thing right now so its a mute point, I do wish guys would relax a bit an let ammo sit onthe shelves a few days so things will calm down .

I dont trust my goverment but I dont necessary fear it to the point that I think there going to come take me away . I do think there need to be some serious changes. I cant do a whole lot really any way .

I have a bug out bag/ pack for me an my son I have a Arms for each an ammo . I am going to assume if SHTF that I wont be able to stay in my home an that id have likley move . I can only carry so much an lets face it there wont be gas after a couple days so you better be able to pack what you need . Id like to have a few hundred gallons of gas on rotation plan so its always fresh an I have room for a tank . A LP generator to run off my big lp tank would be nice. even a Ice storm here in WI could bring us to our knees . I have o dreams of surviving more than a few months if SHTF on what I have currently .

al l this Ill hunt for food is BS IMO . the deer hreard an every othr thing would be wiped out in a few monthes if every one here in this state had to hnt for food as many do already . yea you might be able to gat a deer or two before thrre gonebut you better havre away to can or jerk it or keep it usable with out electricity .

I have no real game plan an I should . Im not dismissing every thing here I just dont think the lead smelting shut down is a gun grab plan. Its obvious they had issues for a very long time . I dont know how serious there violations are but lets be honest we only have one world an we have screwed it up a lot in the last 125 years .
    This has to be a record. 3 posts and I agree with them all.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by FyredUp View Post
    You guys may be twins.
    Good write up BG.. True, some preparers can overdo it like anything else.. I personally like the idea of investing in ammo, when the price is lower, for re-sale.
    Can one ever be over prepared? I do not believe so. Food water shelter, first.. Medical supplies, basic necessities, etc, next..
    A good and bountiful supply of ammo? Sure a good thing to have, even for barter.. But food for thought, that barter may be shot back at you if things get desperate..
    Movement and ability to do normal chores will still become a factor here.. Now, take a 1,000 round case of 5.56 and strap it to your back. Walk around for a day.. Unless your an Olympic star, your not getting far..
    The ability to move quick in a bad situation, could mean survival or not.. Key here is travel and move light, but carry a big stick.. Is it good to have a big supply to fall back on? For sure.. But even with just a few hundred rounds for a rifle and a pistol and ammo back up. You bet you can hold off an Army..
    Afghan forces did it too the Russians with weapons from the late 1800s..
    Prepare and always keep learning survival. Life is good.. Lot of yall have families to take care of which adds to the survival mode..
    I am somewhat prepped here, but I am not going to wild on the ammo thing.. By no means, please, NOT knocking anyone who does want to store ammo. Their way better off than me..
    But living in the swamp here with food and water. Bug out? To where? Hell excitement to me is Wednesday when my trash guys come and I get to talk to them.. Walking too the mail box, now your talking some fun..
    Nah to old to bug out.. Just gonna sit here with my .45 and watch the show.. I have 40 cases of corned beef hash. 20 cases of beer and Vodka backup.. I am all set, we call that an Irish feast..
    "Man needs but two things to survive alone in the woods. A blow up female doll and his trusty old AK-47" - Thomas Jefferson 1781

Feedback Score

4th. Only 20 cases of beer?something happens before I croak my main concern would be the medications I need to take now I'm old. A 1000rds of 22 (got it) will get you through a lot. My little marlin bolt action takes care of pretty much everything .got the 45 too and 44 for bear.hell if the shtf I might come come down to visit. Bring my own beer we could sit on the porch and bs and wait for the zombie/what ever and have a cool one while our wives chitchat!

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Thumbs up

stalker your right. In thinking abut it, 20 cases is not near enough.. On the way too the store today to buy more.
    But sure you bet, that is why .22 ammo disappeared. Hell not enough profit in production and people grabbed it up.
    I think also we will import lead.. Used in to many things, from fishing weights to car batteries I guess?
    My guess, follow the money, hell our Govt. did not close that plant for our health. Putting EPA restrictions on it, like yeah they really give a frig if we live or die..
    Bet, one of the scum doggies in D.C. got a nice gig going on importing lead from foreign sources.. That plant had to go.. That was the only production facility interfering with their importing profits..

Feedback Score
    41 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by FyredUp View Post

Are you trying to give me a heart attack? lol
    "To show you how radical I am, I want carjackers dead. I want rapists dead. I want burglars dead. I want child molesters dead. I want the bad guys dead. No court case. No parole. No early release. I want 'em dead. Get a gun and when they attack you, shoot 'em."
    Ted Nugent - speaking at the NRA convention April 17, 2005

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.