Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Here we go again - Psychopathic Cop shoots puppy in front of family

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

SO WAS THE DOG LOOSE ?

WAS IT ON ITS PROPERTY ?

WAS IS COMING FORWARD GROWLING AN BARKING OR WAGGING ITS TAIL ?

IM ONLY READING THE OWNERS SIDE OF THE STORY HERE

Postal Workers and Meter Readers seem to never be shooting family pets for some reason. Interesting ....
    Nope they just peppper spray them so they hate anything in a uniform It happened to my Springer by a post man . After that she hated cops, postal workers , ups drivers, firemen .

I know guite a few cops an as far as I know they all like dogs . I m sure there are some real pricks out there who dont we all know one or two .

I have been a few times by dogs running loose off there property . once I slammed a bicycle on top of a Australian shepherd that had chased me ome to mamy times the owner came out pissed as hell because I had fought back in the middle of the street . I thought I was going to have toi fight him . I was attacked by a pit bull that came out of a friends yard an I had know the dog since it was a pup I loved that dog yet it came straight at me an got a hold of my arm that I got up in time . MY mother when leaving work had here poodle ripped out of here arms by a pair of rottweilers that crossed 4 lanes of traffic . she was bitten an here dog need a zillion stitches her boss was backed up to his door an bitten. there are a few sides to every stroy . dogs sence fear an it wil trigger them . cops display fear when they see dogs etc .

I have seen the most friendly lab go bazerk an attack a person for no apparent reason on a side walk .

I hate seeing dogs shot . especaily if there a good dog an the family pet . I have had hounds an pig dogs that honestly if they were around people I was scared they would attack they were vicious an if one had ever got loose in town Id be lucky they were not shot an right fully so . hell a few scarred me an i feed them every night . LOL

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Our PO Carriers used to carry Milk Bones. Dogs would always wait for them for a "treat". The PO forced them to stop a while back although I know a couple who still toss a Milk Bone to the dogs on their routes.

When you're born you get a ticket to the freak show. When you're born in America , you get a front row seat. - George Carlin

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

I have to chime in here again. As a physician I have treated 100s of police officers, and I may add, when they are not "at there best". In 99.9999% of the time I have found them to be dedicated good hearted individuals who are only trying to do their job in a hostile envournment.

No one can argue the point above I hope.

While I think this is a great site, i think there has been a lot of "cop bashing" lately. I mean really, the subject line " Psychopathic Cop shoots puppy ".

First it was no puppy, it was a 5 year old dog, and there seems to be at least some cause to determine there was provacation for the shooting, so that seems to indicate this cop was not really wanting murder a poor little puppy for the joy of the kill, but acting in concern for his safety.

This site has come a far way from when it first started
    Last edited by Chiroone; 10-22-2013 at 09:39 PM.
    Nemo ME Impune Lacessit
    Manus sapiens potens est
    пиштоли не убиваат луѓе, тие само го прават тоа полесно

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

Our PO Carriers used to carry Milk Bones. Dogs would always wait for them for a "treat". The PO forced them to stop a while back although I know a couple who still toss a Milk Bone to the dogs on their routes.
    yea my last Carrier in California was like that . My Springer would wait for him ever day get the treat an then chase him through the fence the entire property line barking an growling the whole way . I had a white picket fence in the front of my property with a electric gate .

he is the one who told me a lot of carriers do spray dogs . this guy was pretty cool . he even came back to my house one time an let me know my dog was out an a block away . he was once malled by a pit bull that went through a screen door he still said he loved seeing dogs on his route . I left him a gift card every xmass from Molly the springer . needs to be more guys like him IMO

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Chiroone View Post

While I think this is a great site, i think there has been a lot of "cop bashing" lately. I mean really, the subject line " Psychopathic Cop shoots puppy ".

This site has come a far way from when it first started

i agree & usually i just try to steer clear of non gun building subjects..... but as much of its is posted now days its impossible to ignore it all.... or not see it as a detractor to one of the shining lights of this hobby.

this site taught me how to build an AK & has been the home of many of my builds/tutorials over the years... ive made lots of friends here along the way.. very few of them post now days because there's not much building going on.
    say what you mean & mean what you say

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)

Bah it is just blackblade pushing his same old crap.
    I personally like the "puppy" in the headline but in the story its a 5 year old dog. Typical, grab the emotions first then follow with the hype. I have seen too many of these stories and known first hand the bs that gets spewed by agenda hounds.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

I was recently charged by a jogger's dog, dark brown medium sized retriever type, on a public beach where dogs are supposed to be on a leash at all times. When it was about ten feet from me it bared its teeth and growled very loudy still charging. I rose up and raised my fist while yelling at it. It stopped and tried to circle around behind me still growling very loudly and I yelled at it again. At this point the jogger called to it and it gave a low growl and ran off down the beach. He told me it never bothered anyone and it must have been the camera hanging from my neck. I highly doubt that.

I write this to show you do not have to shot and kill even a highly aggressive dog which I could easily have done as I was carrying concelaed a compact .45ACP auto.
    Last edited by Tommo; 10-26-2013 at 10:20 AM.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

^^ good for you & good for the dog~!

you didnt have to kill it & it didnt bite you... thats a win win.

not always the case. if that dog really wanted to bite you.. it would have & you growling wouldnt have made a bit of difference. that dog just wasnt sure of which way it wanted to go & you didnt show it fear......... it hadnt decided yet that you were the dominant in the situation..... what do you think was about to happen if its owner hadnt called to it right then?

highly likely that your options would have changed to: beat it with your camera, fists, shoot at it or shoot it... but a "growling" dog isnt always a threat... just like some dogs that dont growl still are.

only a fool thinks there is an absolute that apply's to every situation. we each make our own choices based on the situation at the time.. ive had dogs run at us in our yard that we could "shoo away" & others that we knew right off were "kill it & call AC."

i dont & wont hesitate to make a decision & then live with the consequences. i'll always go for our safety over anyone or anything else's..
    say what you mean & mean what you say

Feedback Score

These types of stories are all to common. And I can see both sides, being a former LEO I have had my share of dangerous encounters with dogs. And usually these dogs are trained to fight or attack by less than law abiding citizens. On one occasion I had a dog owner release his pit-bull on me for the simple reason, He did not want to be caught with a large amount of illegal narcotics which was in his possession, In this case unfortunately the dog was put down on the spot to avoid any injuries to other officers and the children that were looking around to see what is going on. Thus a split second decision had to be made for the safety of the officers on the scene and the citizen's who were in the immediate area.

One the other hand you have the average dog lover( And call me crazy but I love both cats and dogs, and all my animals I rescued from the out doors in sever weather elements. Had I not intervened these little fuzzy friends would have not made it thru the winter. The best advise I can give is our pets are like children, and are bound to get into trouble and as pet owners its our responsibility to protect them from harm. If you see the police or anyone for that matter coming on to your property please secure your dogs to prevent them from being Shot, and major turmoil in the family from the loss of the family pet. Also post your property that there is a Dog on your property. In many cases if your property is not marked and your animal attacks someone You are on the hook for all the medical bills, and in some cases charged for using a dangerous animal as a weapon. This is why so many communities are banning many verity of dogs from its premises, such as Pit bull terriers, Chows, and several other breeds. Yes animals give their owners unconditional love, So let us show them how much we love them by keeping them safe! so non of us ever have to go thru this type of tragedy.....Doc

Feedback Score

I don't generally have to deal with peace officers too often. The few times I have had to do at check points or a minor traffic stop the overwhelming majority have been very professional. Now I pull over toot sweet, get my license, registration , CHL out (on top) roll down the window and keep my hands at 10 and 2 on the wheel until asked to do otherwise.

They don't know who they are stopping. You could be an ax murderer. I find politeness goes a long way with officers.

Now I have run into some total A hole policemen. But it has to be 1-2%. A real minority of policeman.

But with that said, if a peace officer shot my dog, on my property, for no good reason, I would end up dead or in jail.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.