Thread: Uh Oh: 47 Million Food Stamp Recipients Are Having Their Benefits Cut Back On Nov 1st

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Default Uh Oh: 47 Million Food Stamp Recipients Are Having Their Benefits Cut Back On Nov 1st

Uh Oh: 47 Million Food Stamp Recipients Are Having Their Benefits Cut Back On November 1st

endoftheamericandream.com / By Michael Snyder / October 21st, 2013

47.6 million Americans are about to have their food stamp benefits cut, and most of them have absolutely no idea that it is about to happen. Needless to say, a lot of them are going to be very angry when they discover that they cannot buy as much food for their families anymore. The reason that this is happening is because a temporary boost to food stamp benefits that was put in during the last recession is expiring. But most of the people that are having their benefits cut will not understand this. Most of them will just be very upset that the government is “taking money away” from them. And considering the “mini-riots” that we witnessed earlier this month when the system that processes food stamp payments went down for a few hours, it is obvious that a lot of food stamp recipients can very easily be pushed over the edge. So what would happen if we have another “debt ceiling crisis” in Washington D.C. early next year and food stamp benefits are temporarily cut off completely?

Wherever “austerity” has been tried in Europe, it has resulted in protests and riots. Could a similar thing happen in this country?

NBC News is reporting that ALL food stamp recipients are going to have their food stamp benefits reduced in November. This is certainly not going to put those living in poverty in a good mood…

Millions of American families could face a sparse holiday table when food stamps benefits get reduced in November, and that could be just the start of deeper cuts to the program to feed poor families.

The modern-day food stamp plan, now called the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program, is scheduled toscale back benefits for all recipients on Nov. 1 because a recession-era boost in benefits is expiring.
    Sadly, the truth is that food stamp benefits don’t even buy a lot of food right now. According to the USDA, the average monthly food stamp benefit is approximately $272 per household.

READ MORE

Black Blade: EBT Riots maybe?
    When you're born you get a ticket to the freak show. When you're born in America , you get a front row seat. - George Carlin

Feedback Score

So at least I know when I go to the store to use the money I earned to treat my family to a nice dinner there will be a larger selection of Lobster, Crab Legs and Prime Rib.
    "What country can preserve its liberties if its rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance?" -Thomas Jefferson-

"Our rights come from our humanity and may not be legislated away -- not by a vote of Congress, not by the consensus of our neighbors, not even by agreement of all Americans but one." Judge Andrew P. Napolitano

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

I live in a target rich area. The local Kroger store where I shop always has a armed guard or Cincinnati cop on duty standing by the door.
    SOON-We already lost the war. You are the resistance.

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)

I hate it for the folks who truly "need and derserve" them, but for the sponges of society, it pisses me off. I think I have said this before, but I live in an area right between a upper income part of town, and about 2 miles away is a housing project set back in the woods basically. The main grocery store that we go to has mustly middle to upper class clientelle. However around food stamp day, there is a high number of recipients, mostly of a darker persuasion, shopping there. Invariably I am stuck behind one in line, and while I am getting pimento cheese and baloney, they are getting t-bones, ribeyes, crab, lobster, Pop-Tarts (they seem to be very popular with that crowd for some reason) , etc.... It really irks me that I am required by society to work hard, budget my money properly, live within my means, obey the law, and pay "my fair share" in taxes. These folks don't have to play by the same rules. Talk about things being "fair" for everyone? Yeah right. I go out to put my groceries in my 12 year old (paid for) vehicle and see them putting their high end groceries into the Cadillac Escalade, BMW 7 Series, Mercedes S class, or "donk" 4 door Caprice with $10,000.00 worth of stereo and rims in it, and IT ABSOLUTELY SICKENS ME!!!!!!!!!!! In our society you get screwed for playing by the rules, and rewarded for breaking them. Seriously, WTF?!?!?!
    Enforcement, NOT Amnesty!!!!!!

"If they’re going to come here illegally, apply for & receive assistance through a corrupted Government agency encouraging this lawless behavior, work under the table & send billions of dollars each year back to their families in Mexico, while bleeding local economies dry, protest in our streets waving their Mexican flags DEMANDING rights, while I have to press ’1′ for English, then they need to be shipped back to where they came from!" -Chad Miller

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

In WI there trying to pass bill that really restricts what foods you can get . no more 12 packs of red bull, chips, candy, etc . a certain percentage ahs to be meats , vegetables etc .

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

I belong to one of those LARGE Irish charitable organizations, we are overwhelmed with requests for food from FAMILIES, most are white on assistance they just don't have enough, we spread the word we where sponsoring 10 families for both thanksgiving and christmas. you can imagine the response, word has travelled by Thanksgiving it will be 20 families. the local food banks are out of food and the churchs
    ( all denominations) have stopped providing food

oh we are also still helping victums of Hurricane Sandy if you can believe that!! after one year but heck they were white folks so they are not news worthy

it could get ugly
    Sprat and sprat1 are one and the same.

Feedback Score
    35 (100%)

Problem of course is this will hurt the real ones in need. Im sure 75% of these sponges could get jobs but easier to be a democrap and live off the work of others while they have their man in office....Welfare is a hand up...not a lifestyle, most seem to forget that.
    "Courage is being scared to death - and saddling up anyway." - The Duke

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.