Thread: 70 boxes of U.S. Air Marshals’ ammunition found in car

Feedback Score

Default 70 boxes of U.S. Air Marshals’ ammunition found in car

http://www.baltimorenewsjournal.com/...r-auto-thefts/

70 boxes of U.S. Air Marshals’ ammunition found in car

October 21, 2013

BROOKLYN – An officer who pulled over a vehicle that was acting suspiciously wound up nabbing three suspects for a pair of recent auto break-ins.

At just before 2 a.m. on Sunday morning, an officer on patrol on Hammonds Lane near Robinwood Road observed a black Chevy driving in a suspicious manner.

The vehicle struck a curb and proceeded down Robinwood Road and parked on Cresswell Road.

The vehicle was occupied by three white male suspects, who sat in the car with the lights off.

The officer eventually approached the driver, who stated that he was checking to see if his vehicle was damaged.

The officer observed 70 boxes of law enforcement use only ammunition in plain view.

Neither the adult driver nor the two juvenile suspect passengers could provide a verifiable reason as why they were in possession of the ammunition.

A subsequent search of the car revealed bolt cutters, flashlights, and latex gloves, along with various auto parts inside the vehicle.

The driver, 18-year-old Brandon Michael Shreve, of Linthicum, admitted to working with the juveniles to break into a trailer located in the 7000 block of New Ridge Road in Hanover.

It was later determined that the trailer and ammunition belonged to U.S. Air Marshals.

The adult suspect also admitted that the group had broken into a Ford Mustang in Hanover and stole parts.

All three suspects were arrested and charged.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

glad there caught . Good work

my next question is why a US air marshal needs 70 boxes of LEO only ammo in his traler ( HMMMis this a trailer house ,mobile home, utility trailer ?) that at least 1400 rounds or possibly 2800 or more depending on how many in a box . maybe no big deal I have seen some leos with a case of 223 in there trunk .

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

The Air marshals needs all that Law enforcement ONLY ammo to protect the flying public...from the Muzzie's When they are are not too busy looking up girls dresses... on duty... B2B

Feedback Score

Excuse my stupidity, but what is "law enforcement use only ammunition"? Do they refer to HP's? If i am correct in NY and NJ you are not allowed to own HP ammo.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Most air marshals (From the class I went to) use a sub sonic, light grain round for lower penetration. No need to be popping holes through an aluminum skinned plane at 35000ft. The ammo I use on the job is "LEO" but silver cased so its easier to pick out in case of a shooting. Yes it is hollow point.
    Pryotex is TEC Tactical, A Licensed 07/SOT

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

Excuse my stupidity, but what is "law enforcement use only ammunition"? Do they refer to HP's? If i am correct in NY and NJ you are not allowed to own HP ammo.
    I DON'T KNOW HOW ITS MARKED but my leo buddy had ammo he could not shoot at public ranges or let others shoot from his own gun. he told me it was identifiable as leo . it was 45 auto BTW .

I also wonder if tis boxed differently like military ammo ?

this summer I spoke to a special agent of the US department of the interior Bureau of Indian Affairs out in South Dakota when we had some trouble with the Natives on the reservation an he had about 8 cases of 223 in his black chevy suv . the boxes were all different from any thing I had seen any were else .

he also had two AR type weapons with fun switches an some other serious stuff. was a really nice young guy from down south. loved my ak builds His job was no picnic it seemed . the one had night vision

I asked him if he ever did any varmint shooting with his ar,s he just smiled an laughed an said that would be illeagle

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Unless it is classified as AP under the fed law, "LEO ONLY" ammo is just words on a box. Makers restrict the sale to LEOs for several reasons, usually liability related. Some is +P+ rated, and they don't want KaBooms in older firearms. Some is tax related, LEO don't pay excise tax on firearms and ammo. Instead of having to apply for a refund, untaxed ammo is sold as LEO only. And things like Speer Gold Dot is marketing and profit related. Civy Gold Dot is in 20 rd boxes, LEO ONLY Gold Dot is in 50 for $5 more than the 20s! Same ammo, different box.

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.