Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Big Brother wants to tax your car mileage

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

There must be some way to disable the devices.
    It's called rip it out.

They've been trying to get this into law for years and it keeps getting shot down.

And we are taxed enough already for road funds, it's not just at the pump either.
    Also do you remember the trillion dollar stimulus back in 09, well most of that was suppose to be used for rebuilding the infrastructure, roads electrical grid, water / sewer lines. That money was squandered away, and nothing good came from it.
    "Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem" Ronald Reagan

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

so raise the godamn gas tax. you drive more you use more gas.
    great so I can pay 5 times ore tax than some rich guy with a hybrid ? how is that fair ? some of my stuff gets about 15 MPG or less every time I gas up the boat should have to pay for that also? its not on on the road ? some of my stuff gets about 12 mpg so I should pay triple the taxes as people who get 36MPG? that only works if every ones is getting close to the same MPG I currently have 4 or 5 vehicles required i pay the fees every year a couple only get used once or twice a year Is that fair ?

as far as Im concerned if your not a tax payer you should not be on the road even as a passenger unless your being deported .

here a Idea use the taxes an fees that are collected for what are collected fo vs what ever they get diverted to an dont let the roads fall apart to begin with. cut doan on some of the stupid crap they think we need on or roads these days .

they took out stop signs recently in a town near here an put in round abouts . OK great they work ok . The problem is there has to be alt least 25 signs for each one they added at least 20 power poles with lights had to plant shrubs an flowerd in the middel an then decorative brick work . i forget how many million dollars it cost to replace 4 stop signs but it was rediculass . stop giving the DOT new trucks an cars every year . stop buying new loaders every year do dump salt or sand in snow states. stop having the bids rigged by politicians to give there buddies contracts.

Heavy trucks do 90% of the damage to are roads are they paying there fair share? I know they pay a lot but is it enough ?

You also dont need a stupid box in your car monitoring every one . if it tracks you at all then its never going to be cool IMO .

they need to cut back on fluff an focuse on actual needs IMO

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

The problem is that many of us in rural areas have no choice but to drive more. Worse for those of us who work out of state - like me in the Bakken oil patch. Gasoline taxes are simple extortion anyway. The tax revenues go into the general fund and are squandered away on Congressmens and Senators pet projects. Should just eliminate the gas tax altogether.
    When you're born you get a ticket to the freak show. When you're born in America , you get a front row seat. - George Carlin

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

I just left Florida DOT after 20 years. I specialize in hi precision gps positioning and was assigned to a task team in 04 to look at this. My opinion it was BS. My opinion didnt fly with pencil neck bureaucrats. I kept asking obvious questions like why we spent millions on pretty landscaping instead of asphalt. I was tagged as a non team player. If you ever drive interstates in florida look at how much is planted ornamentals. In one group if interchanges near orlando I counted 500 palm trees. These run $500each.
    al gore is full of carbon enriched shit

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Who was THE FIRST person to come up with this idea?? These commies need to pay a price...

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by 1biggun View Post
    great so I can pay 5 times ore tax than some rich guy with a hybrid ? how is that fair ? some of my stuff gets about 15 MPG or less every time I gas up the boat should have to pay for that also? its not on on the road ? some of my stuff gets about 12 mpg so I should pay triple the taxes as people who get 36MPG? that only works if every ones is getting close to the same MPG I currently have 4 or 5 vehicles required i pay the fees every year a couple only get used once or twice a year Is that fair ?
    I had to sell my favorite vehicles (my jeeps) and buy a econo box car that gets 40 mpg due to fuel prices and the distance I have to commute every day. I lost a significant amount of money in the deal as well. I can't haul much like I used to and lost one of my favorite past times and hobbies but had to do what was needed to make sure I was going to be fiscally sound.

Life ain't fair but I would rather they raise the gas tax than mandate that all cars get a little black box tracking their every move instead.

here a Idea use the taxes an fees that are collected for what are collected fo vs what ever they get diverted to an dont let the roads fall apart to begin with. cut doan on some of the stupid crap they think we need on or roads these days .

they need to cut back on fluff an focuse on actual needs IMO
    On this I agree completely. This is the root of the problem.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Black Blade View Post
    They will steal our money one way or the other. Not a damn thing we can do about it either. I understand that all new cars will have "black box" tech installed starting next year. There must be some way to disable the devices. Maybe some lead foil shielding perhaps.
    32 ounce framing hammer.. Just drive backwards too work.. Your odometer spins in reverse..
    "Man needs but two things to survive alone in the woods. A blow up female doll and his trusty old AK-47" - Thomas Jefferson 1781

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by smartbomb View Post
    I just left Florida DOT after 20 years. I specialize in hi precision gps positioning and was assigned to a task team in 04 to look at this. My opinion it was BS. My opinion didnt fly with pencil neck bureaucrats. I kept asking obvious questions like why we spent millions on pretty landscaping instead of asphalt. I was tagged as a non team player. If you ever drive interstates in florida look at how much is planted ornamentals. In one group if interchanges near orlando I counted 500 palm trees. These run $500each.
    smartbomb.. Was a plaque in our kitchen in the family home growing up. "To Soon Old To Late Smart."
    I drive the roads your talking. I understand what you are saying.. Like the Daytona exit, hell that should get "yard of the year" with all its flowers and shrubbery..
    Contracts for these jobs smartbomb, contracts cashola $$$$ comprende. You being of sound mind were interfering with someones cash flow, that is not conducive to a long job life span.
    Those palm tress did not cost $500, they cost $5,000 each. Starting to get the picture? Thank you for trying..
    "Man needs but two things to survive alone in the woods. A blow up female doll and his trusty old AK-47" - Thomas Jefferson 1781

jrs
    Feedback Score

And then we have the PRK that puts in concrete and paints it at interchanges. *spit*
    jrs
    --
    "A great civilization is not conquered from without until it has destroyed itself from within.", Will Durant

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.", Edmund Burke

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by 4thIDvet View Post
    smartbomb.. Was a plaque in our kitchen in the family home growing up. "To Soon Old To Late Smart."
    I drive the roads your talking. I understand what you are saying.. Like the Daytona exit, hell that should get "yard of the year" with all its flowers and shrubbery..
    Contracts for these jobs smartbomb, contracts cashola $$$$ comprende. You being of sound mind were interfering with someones cash flow, that is not conducive to a long job life span.
    Those palm tress did not cost $500, they cost $5,000 each. Starting to get the picture? Thank you for trying..
    my whole career ar FDOT was pock marked with targets on my back because i always made management explain shit, regardless if i agreed with it or not. many times i didnt get invites to follow-up meetings. i spent a long time trying to insert common sense into a bureaucracy that was very resistant. when budgets started getting tight, there was a call to the troops to present "new and innovative" ideas. pure bullshit. they only wanted low hanging fruit.

yep all of this maintenance is contracted to the private sector. this will make you either laugh or cry. so a typical lane mile of interstate mill and resurface runs roughly $500-700k. up until the last 2 years FDOT had no clue regarding automated machine control. essentially, a construction firm uses GPS to guide graders/dozers/milling machines instead of manual methods. i started worked with machine control and trying to assimilate this into construction as early as 2002. management wouldnt even consider it because it was "new". bureaucrats are risk averse. what happened, especially during the economy slide, was contractors used MC to trim cost. after 3-4 years management figured out these guys were using MC but still submitting bids at manual cost. there is a documented 30-40% savings running MC. contractors were pocketing the difference. ha! we pissed millions away because some managers were too chicken shit to embrace technology.
    al gore is full of carbon enriched shit

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.