Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Police officer shot dead after pointing stun gun at man's dogs

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Fair fight? Since when did officers ever engage in a "fair fight"? Used to be time when parents told their children that the Police Officer was their friend and there to protect and serve. Today people distrust and fear the police. What changed? When did it change? I suspect it changed when police became authoritarian in nature and less interested in being part of the community that they serve. Not all police are this way of course but the trend is there. The police are becoming more a para-military organization with combat gear designed for war. Shoot first and ask questions later as if the people are Muslim insurgents rather than American citizens. I don't see citizens looking for a "fair fight" but just want to be respected as fellow citizens. They don't want to be shot by trigger happy cops and they certainly don't want harm to come to their families and pets either.

If you're afraid of a dog bite then you probably shouldn't be in the law enforcement profession. There are planty of other career paths in this great nation. You don't "have to be" in law enforcement. There are ways of dealing with dog bites - the courts. This is why God made Civil Courts and litigation Lawyers - to file lawsuits. Maybe we should be hiring Postal Workers and Meter Readers to engage in conversation with people who have dogs. As the Post Office lays off Postal Workers they could be hired as officers scout out and secure a "dog area" for the frightened officers. Kind of pathetic when officers piss their pants in uncontrollable fear at the sight of an animal. Need real men as officers not little girls. Sheesh!
    When you're born you get a ticket to the freak show. When you're born in America , you get a front row seat. - George Carlin

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

so at this point after Pryotex, Chiroone & myself have all pointed out printed facts from YOUR article..... that this was just a piece of trash, wife abuser, cop killer who shot a cop point blank in the head.... from behind..... like a coward......

now you want to try & spin the focus of your post/story to "fair fights" and whether officers are "frightened" & that they need to be "real men" instead of little girls....

this pretty much tells anyone all they would ever need to know....

they should shoot first & ask later. they should always make sure that going home is their top priority..

the dead cop must not have been a "real man" because he was just gonna stun that dog instead of blowing his fuking head off like he should have. must of been his "non manly & little girl" feelings for animals that cost him his life eh?
    say what you mean & mean what you say

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Black Blade View Post

Used to be time when parents told their children that the Police Officer was their friend and there to protect and serve. Today people distrust and fear the police. What changed? When did it change?
    When people like you try to flood the media with crap like this. Kids today have NO respect for anyone, Teachers, parents, Police, Firemen, ect. It is when people with your mentality try to hammer into everyone you come into contact with preaching, " The police are becoming more a para-military organization with combat gear designed for war. Shoot first and ask questions later" Well, the truth is with these pieces of shit out there are too cowardly to fist fight anymore, will not think twice as to pull a gun and shoot at you, yes, we suite up for it. I say I will hardly EVERY say this but I really hope that when someone you care about is getting raped, murdered, sick (Police are first to respond to Med calls) you turn the police away at your property line and DO NOT accept help from the group of "Little Girl law enforcement professionals. " I would LOVE to see you grow a pair of balls and see how it is to have to step between a bunch of fighting people to help protect one smaller person. You would run and hide and then call the cops. Try walking in my shoes, NO, IM NOT AFRAID OF A DOG BITE AND IM STILL ON THE ROAD AFTER BEING SHOT (Yes It was in the vest). When there is a call for someone like you getting a beat down, I still respond, If a dog runs at me aggressively because of a IGNORANT OWNER, Ill notch the stock of my gun with another addition to the worm food.
    Pryotex is TEC Tactical, A Licensed 07/SOT

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

to be honest, the tough guy talk isnt helping IMO.

carry on gentlemen.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

My leo friends have all retired cause of all the bs.don't blame them but whose up next?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Yeah, well I don't have to preach. The actions of police entering private property and shooting family pets in front of children do more to hurt the image of police than any useful criticism from me or anyone else. Guess the popo can start shooting cats too. Smaller targets tho. Funny thing is, I am not a dog person. Don't particularly like dogs. Am even allergic to them.

Yes, most officers are good folk. A small number are ........ well not so much:

http://peakoilpetroleumandpreciousme...en-Cops-Go-Bad

The bad cops make the good cops look bad. That includes those who don't step forward to report those who are bad. Not sure how far we come since the days of the Knapp Commission, Rampart Scandal, New Orleans police murders and the Katrina police murders, Baltimore Corruption scandal, Chicago "Police and Judge scandals (including Operation Greylord), etc. I suspect not much has really changed overall but these are the minority of police. It only takes a few bad apples to taint the entire lot. If you want the community to respect you then be good and earn that respect. I know several good cops and I know a few "not so good" ones as well. Your actions as a police officer speak louder than words and you are in the public eye. Shooting non-threatening animals in front of families (especially young children) is just bad form. Anyway, take it for what it's worth. More and more people these days are armed with exploding issued CCW permits and soaring firearms sales and some of those folk take exception to abuse and having their pets shot. Unless more restraint and simple common sense are used then I see more unfortunate situations occurring that are bad for everyone involved (cops and everyday citizens).
    When you're born you get a ticket to the freak show. When you're born in America , you get a front row seat. - George Carlin

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

again your twisting off of your posted article & position.

this wasnt snoopy... or a non threatening "pet"... in front of "crying little kids". the criminal/trash had "sicked" the dog on the po-po, while having a domestic altercation with his neighbors & his own family all at the same time.

he was actually being given way too much slack by the officer from the start. see what being "nice" & respecting this trash got him? let me help you with that... it got him DEAD.

the officer didnt want to kill the dog or the criminal... that part is pretty obvious.

you already waffled on your position in this thread & now are claiming that its only "a few not so good ones".....

thats sure not how you presented this thread with your anti-LEO diatribe & sensationalism of "psychopath cop kills dog" title you used to grab everyones attention to start with.

you went back several years to find this story & then only presented the part that got you attention & showed your POV.

IF you had actually posted a story about a LEO that really did screw up? like the Peterson case? no one could or would have said a word about it...

but then again thats old news & doesnt grab the headline page like "psychopath dog killer cop gets what he deserved".

Feedback Score

yup he killed the cop, he admitted he killed the cop. cops boss on the radio told him to shoot the dog. seem to recall he asked the cop to leave and get a warrant. yes I know I know cops don't have to leave if they don't want too, seems sometimes they just escalate the situation.

personally I dont' want ANY leo on my property. flat out simple as that. then again I don't want anyone from the 'gov' on my property

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)

It has become obvious to me many of the former "greats" of this site have moved to other more fruitful endeavors and/or sites more devoted to the hobby rather then engaging in government/cop/authority hating garbage. While some of the legends still remain, I see less and less of their contributions. I guess as nature hates a vacuum, this has created this type of trash talk. Not only does this not have anything to do with our hobby it has even less to do with the truth.

I get it, you love dogs, hate cops and will use what ever soap box you can to spread this gospel of resentment and despising of any authority figure.

I have been here since this day this site opened and, to this moment, considered this a great place to get build information and to engage in friendly discussions of our common interests. But I getting tired of this cop bashing trash and see no point in continuing it other then to change this site from what it was to a cop/government/authority hate group.
    Nemo ME Impune Lacessit
    Manus sapiens potens est
    пиштоли не убиваат луѓе, тие само го прават тоа полесно

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

Chiroone has pretty well hit it all on the head... & with that im gonna bow out of this conversation with the following FACTS on this case.

now pay attention to the fact that he was a HOME BUILDER OF guns/weapons... do you see what im posting here? he was a HOMEBUILDER...

& tell me... is THIS what you want to be associated with? or want our hobby associated with? supporting this type of behavior or view?

if it is? then yep this is not the same place that ive posted lots of tutorials at & helped people (who are here to build guns) for the last 7+ years... & thats a shame.

facts:

the police chief was THERE... he is a 72 year old man... who could barely walk

the officer was attacked by 2 dogs out of the 10 that the perp has... the chief yelled at him to shoot the dogs... the officer turned & as he drew his taser... the perp popped out from behind the door & fired a 12 gauge pump into the back of the officers head from a distance of less than 6'....

this perp was no stranger to this cop... they were on a first name basis......... he had arrested him several times before on drug, weapons & DUI charges... he had also been to this house on prior domestic calls...

heres some actual parts of the reports/court case:

According to court documents, two of Hitcho's 10 dogs attacked Officer Lasso, who was fighting them off and trying to grab his Taser out of its holster. The scene was noisy and chaotic, with Chief Bruneio yelling for Officer Lasso to shoot the dogs with the stun gun. Focused on the dogs, neither saw Hitcho coming out a side door, shotgun in hand. A shot rang out Lasso fell to the ground.

neighbors testified that Hitcho was often drunk, didn't clean up after his dogs and treated his neighbors with such contempt their arguments sometimes escalated to police calls.

Police said that after the killing they found homemade weapons, rifles, a shotgun and drugs at Hitcho's home.

Court records show he has faced charges of marijuana possession, drunken driving and harassment, and that in 2006, Officer Lasso arrested Hitcho after finding two bags of marijuana and a glass pipe in his vehicle.

Prosecutors argued it was Hitcho's unreasonable defense of his property that led him to fatally shoot officer Robert Lasso on Aug. 11, 2011.

The 31-year-old officer was responding to a complaint of neighbors fighting and went to Hitcho's door to speak with him. Officer Lasso turned his back to the door when Hitcho's two snarling dogs approached him, and Hitcho fired a 12-gauge shotgun into the back of Lasso's neck and head from 6 feet away, authorities said.

oh and just for the sake of representation.... heres a pic of the cop killer....
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.