Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Police officer shot dead after pointing stun gun at man's dogs

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Default Police officer shot dead after pointing stun gun at man's dogs

Police officer shot dead after pointing stun gun at man's dogs

Snippit:

A police officer killed while responding to a domestic disturbance in a small eastern Pennsylvania borough had pointed a stun gun at two dogs before being shot, court records reveal.

Freemansburg police officer Robert Lasso had pointed at the attacking dogs when the homeowner pulled out a shotgun and fired the fatal blast on Thursday evening.

In police custody, the alleged gunman, 46-year-old George Hitcho Jr, said he had told Mr Lasso to get off his property and not come on unless he had a warrant, authorities said.

'He tried to kill my dogs and pointed a gun in my face,' Hitcho said, according to the documents. 'I do not care if you a cop or not ...Unbelievable.'

The officer had been responding to a report of a disturbance and ended up at the back of Hitcho's house, authorities said.

Police Chief George Bruneio, who arrived after Mr Lasso requested assistance, instructed him to 'shoot the dogs' and that's when the homeowner pulled out a shotgun and fired, authorities said.

Mr Lasso, 31, a married father of two, was taken to the hospital, where he was pronounced dead a short time later.

Continued: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz2j2am3KqY

Black Blade: It was only a matter of time before .... No word on the condition of the dogs. This was a couple years ago but with all the dog shootings lately we are likely to read more stories like this one.
    When you're born you get a ticket to the freak show. When you're born in America , you get a front row seat. - George Carlin

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

He won't be killin no more pets...
    SOON-We already lost the war. You are the resistance.

Feedback Score

Hey one for the good guys. The world would be a much better place if Mr. Hitcho had also shot the AssHat giving the orders. It's a shame the gentleman is on death row.
    <www.histotyhome.co.uk/peel/laworder/9points.htm>
    Read the link. Today's police have fallen way short; as men, as humans and as police.
    Time for a retooling.
    Hunter
    PS I'm not anti-cop. I am pro-liberty and freedom and anti-ass-hat.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Thats why cops should just shoot the dogs, Better chance to defend yourself with a gun VS a taser. Responding to a reported crime, No warrant is needed to investigate open curtilage here. This is a great story because now it give the Police "articulate cause" to shoot VS only taser in court. I will pass this on to all my cop friends.
    Pryotex is TEC Tactical, A Licensed 07/SOT

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

Police officer shot dead after pointing stun gun at man's dogs-yes-let-hate-flow-through-you.jpg

yeah it was stupid to take a tazer to a gun fight...........

he should have shot the guy & the dogs.
    say what you mean & mean what you say

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Smile

The officer was responding to a call, was involved in an active investigation and was in the lawful performance of his duty. He was reportedly trying to use a non lethal Taser to subdue the dogs. The home owner had no reason to feel his life was threatened, he accelerated the situation, shot the officer in what appears to an act of rage.

This cop hating garbage has got to stop, "one for the good guys" "world would be better place if he shot......." " He won't be killin no more pets.."

He will not be hugging his wife and children either. What kind of hate speech is this and what has this to do with our hobby? Use to be this site was 95% building tips, great ideas at tooling and jigs and news on new parts kits . Guess those days are gone for good.

I would add that i have done several "ride alongs" with some officers; both K9s, and the DWI squad. I have seen first hand the hostility some "citizens" have shown to these officers and the patience these guys have shown. I have seen one domestic disturbance suspect, that had claimed he had a weapon, apprehended and bitten very nicely by a K9. When the officers got to him, they treated him with kindness and then transported to the hospital where he was treated.
    Nemo ME Impune Lacessit
    Manus sapiens potens est
    пиштоли не убиваат луѓе, тие само го прават тоа полесно

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

Police Chief George Bruneio, who arrived after Mr Lasso requested assistance, instructed him to 'shoot the dogs'

hmmmmmm WELL WAIT A MINUTE . WHY WAS THE SLAIN OFFICERS CHIEF TELLING HIM TO KILL THE DOGS ???????????????

iM ALL FOR COPS BUT iF I WAS HEARING A OFFICER BEING TOLD TO START SHOOING MY ANIMAL i MIGHT BE INCLINED TO PUT A STOP TO IT.

JUST BECAUSE SOME NEIGHBOR CALL IN A SOMETHING DON'T GIVE THEM FULL RIGHTS TO COME IN YOUR HOUSE .

i WAS NOT THERE BUT DON'T THEY STILL NEED A WARRANT TO COME IN SIDE ? ( WERE THEY EVEN TRYING TO COME INSIDE )

SOUNDS TO ME LIKE THE SHOOTER WAS BEING UNCOOPERATIVE AN THE DOGS WERE LIKELY A PROBLEM.

I DO KNOW IM NOT REQUIRED TO ANSWER A DOOR IF COPS ARE KNOCKING ON IT .

KIND OF NEED MORE FACTS AN BOTH SIDES IMO .

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

There is a lot not being told in the story. No one just pulls a shotgun out of their ass. So #1 where was this homeowner? #2 where were these dogs (Dog) and was it loose or tied up. #3 was the complaint call was it next door, why did they go to the neighbors house.
    Now to answer your question the story seems to be outside, on his property. Federal rulings state that even though it is your property (No one really owns land in the USA) there is no expectation of privacy in an open area. If the Officer went through a closed gate and was attacked by a dog, Too bad for the officer. If the dogs were loose on the property with no barrier to the general public. IRRESPONSIBLE dog owner.

Last as said before , a Police officer, on a legitimate call does not need a "Warrant" to enter the property that does not have a barrier to keep out the general public (The yard) . He does need one for the Residence UNLESS there is a know, life threatening crime going on or it is known that evidence will be destroyed with any delay. If that is not proven after the fact, there are lawsuits that win for the homeowner.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

PS most police Chiefs probably cant qualify with a sidearm OR like Chicago are not even sworn.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

As I have said before. People view their animals (pets) like they do their children. I am just surprised that more cops haven't been injured or killed by homeowners defending themselves, their families, their property and their animals. Some cops (I am not saying all or even the majority) but some just don't use common sense and put themselves, their colleagues and innocent citizens in jeopardy. I am sure the apologists also claim that bad shoots where innocent homeowners are killed are justified because they followed "department policy" and no rules were violated. There's no problem shooting animals that are aggressive and a threat running loose but shooting pets that pose no risk or threat is simply demented. Most serial murderers start out abusing, torturing and killing small animals for pleasure (i.e. Jeffrey Dahmer, Ted Bundy, Leonard Lake, etc.). We should keep a very close eye on such people who kill nonthreatening animals that pose no risk (hunting for sustainance and depredation excluded of course).
    When you're born you get a ticket to the freak show. When you're born in America , you get a front row seat. - George Carlin

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.