Thread: Russia’s Kalashnikov Expands Small Arms Export List

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Default Russia’s Kalashnikov Expands Small Arms Export List

Russia’s Kalashnikov Expands Small Arms Export List

MOSCOW, October 30 (RIA Novosti) – Russia’s newly formed arms maker Kalashnikov Concern has added three new firearms to the list of weaponry authorized for export, a company spokesperson said Wednesday.

The new addition incudes the 18.5 KS-K military shotgun, the SV-99 sniper rifle, and the Vityaz-SN submachine gun. All these weapons are designed for use by special purpose police units.

The weapons were included in Russia’s top arms exports list by presidential decree and were unveiled at the Interpolitex 2013 arms show in Moscow on October 22-25, Kalashnikov’s Yelena Filatova said.

The KS-K shotgun is similar to the Kalashnikov assault rifle in its layout. The weapon has a minimal number of parts and is easy to operate and maintain. Its eight-round detachable magazine and automatic bolt stop significantly increase its rate of fire, the maker says.

The SV-99 is a special purpose 5.6-mm (.22 inch) sniper rifle designed for high-precision fire at ranges of up to 100 meters. It has been developed on the basis of the BI-7-2 biathlon rifle and can be equipped with a silencer that reduces discharge noise levels to that of an air rifle.

The 9-mm Vityaz-SN submachine gun is based on the AKS-74U compact assault rifle. A special magazine housing allows two 30-round magazines to be clipped together for faster reloading. The weapon can be equipped with a laser-designator and a silencer, as well as with optical or collimator sights, the company says.

Kalashnikov Concern was officially created in mid-August after the government ordered Russia's Izhmash arms factory, manufacturer of the legendary Kalashnikov assault rifle, to be rebranded and merged with several other defense plants in a national small-arms holding. This includes another Izhevsk-based gun producer, Izhmekh, and some other small-arms enterprises in other cities in Russia.

http://en.ria.ru/military_news/20131...ort-List-.html

Black Blade: I have a "few" Combloc firearms but now I want the SV-99 sniper rifle if available.
    When you're born you get a ticket to the freak show. When you're born in America , you get a front row seat. - George Carlin

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

The SV-99 is a special purpose 5.6-mm (.22 inch) sniper rifle designed for high-precision fire at ranges of up to 100 meters. It has been developed on the basis of the BI-7-2 biathlon rifle and can be equipped with a silencer that reduces discharge noise levels to that of an air rifle.

hmmmmmmm A 100 METER SNIPER RIFLE LOL ???????? AHHH MY 22LR RIFLE WILL DO THAT. MAYBE THEY MEANT A 1000 YARDS ? AN i DOUBT IT WITH A 5.46
    ANYTHING FOR REAL SNIPER WORK THAT SMALL. AN WHAT SUPPRESSOR IS GOING TO SUPRESS A HIGH VELOCITY RIFLE TO AIR GUN VOLUME ? ARE DID THEY FIGURE OUT OW TO SUPPRESS A SUPERSONIC BULLET?

i WONDER WERE THEY PLAN ON EXPORTING TO THEY DONT SAY USA IN THE ARTICLE .

Feedback Score

The look on the face of the dumbass in the picture is priceless.

Feedback Score

BigGun, no they're talking about a .22lr sniper piece for urban warfare. I mean crowd control.
    Hunter

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

BigGun, no they're talking about a .22lr sniper piece for urban warfare. I mean crowd control.
    Hunter
    I ALREADY HAVE A RUGER 10-22 WITH A FEW RUGER 25 ROUNDERS . IT COST $199 AT WALMART.

THE GUN IN ABOVE PICTURE IS REDICULAS THE OPTICS ARE A MILE TO HIGH THE CHECK REST IS FULLY RAISED AN AN MILE TO LOW . THEY HAVE A THREE STORY PILE OF STUFF MOUNTED ON A STUPID SIDE MOUNT ON A FLEXIBALE RECIVER . THEN THEY ADD A FLASH LIGHT AN OTHER MALL NINJA CRAP ON IT AS WELL.

I DOUBT YOU WOULD EVER SEE THAT IN THE HANDS OF A REAL RUSSIAN SOLDIER OR ANY SOLDIER FOR THAT MATTER.

THE ARTICLE TALKS ABOUT THREE GUNS A SHOT GUN A 9MM AN A SNIPER RIFLE AN THE PIC IS SOME CHICK WITH A 7.62X39 ( JUDJING FROM THE MAG) AN A GUY IN THE BACK WITH A LOOK ON HIS FACE THAT CAN ONLY SAY WHAT JOKE .

IS THIS A PR ADD FOR THE OBAMA ADMINISTRATION TO BAN THERE IMPORT ? OUR POLICE UNITS SURE THE HELL WONT USE THIS STUFF.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

SO IT REALLY IS A 22 BOLT ACTION RIFLE . lol

NOT WHAT ID CALL A SNIPER RIFLE . YEA ID LIKE ONE . IT WONT DO ANYTHING SEVERAL OF MY 22 WILL DO BUT ID STILL LIKE ONE .
    http://world.guns.ru/sniper/sniper-r...us/sv99-e.html.

Calibers: .22LR (5.6mm rimfire)
    Operation: straight pull bolt action
    Barrel: 350 mm
    Weight: 3.75 kg empty, w/o scope
    Length: 1000 mm
    Feed Mechanism: 5 or 10 round detachable box magazine

The SV-99 is aspecial purpose police sniper rifle for short-range (up to about 100 meters)encounters. It is intended for actions like the taking of the lights, theguarding dogs, or precision and silent anti-personnel work. The .22LR cartridgeoffers low noise, low probability of ricochets, and good lethality - of cause,when fired into the lethal area of the body. The SV-99 is based on the BI-7biathlon sporting rifle, and has the same very fast toggle-locking, straightpull bolt action, in which the bolt handle simply swings back and forward toreload and cock the rifle. SV-99 features a wooden two part stock withdetachable skeletonized shoulder stock, which could be removed fro compactstorage or replaced by pistol grip for operation in confined places. Thebuttstock has an adjustable buttplate and a cheek rest; the bottom ob thebuttstock has compartments for spare magazines. Forend features a rail withintegral folding bipods. SV-99 has no open sights; instead, it has a dovetailedmounting points on the receiver, which can accept quick-detachable scope mounts.Muzzle is threaded for sound suppressor.
    With match grade ammunitionSV-99 produces 1MOA 10-shot groups at 100 meters. SV-99 is now beingmanufactured at IZHMASH arms factory.

Feedback Score

The pucker on that guys face looks like had just gotten out of that girls whatever

Feedback Score

Back when they weren't trying to run up the tally, the Colonel was a proponent of NON-LETHAL, high lung shots to take the fight out of demonstrators and such. But the past is another country. They do things differently there.
    Hunter

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.