Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Hey twa. Take your new pistol and outdraw this guy...

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Smile Hey twa. Take your new pistol and outdraw this guy...

2/100 of a second..

Point shooting. Point shooting.. You do not need no stinking sights.. Learn to point shoot..

Bob Munden.. May he R.I.P.. He has since passed.. Anyone in the bar and Bob Munden said. "Lets take this out too the street." Holy sheeeeeeet. Without question, no shame in running out the back door, jumping on your horse and leaving the county..
    twa, we have to get you down to 1/100 of a second.. I am going for arm surgery, so your on your own for a bit.
    Good luck with that new pistol..
    I really think sniper could have whupped him..
    "Man needs but two things to survive alone in the woods. A blow up female doll and his trusty old AK-47" - Thomas Jefferson 1781

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

We had him do his show at our first annual cowboy action shoot in Hot Springs. Phenominal. What u see on the videos is real. And a helluva nice guy to boot!
    "NA BEAN DON CHAT GUN LAMHAINN"
    Clan MacPherson
    "CREAG DHUBH"!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Rotator cuff? Had that done last year. If so good luck it's a bitch but I'm a happy camper now

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

I'd seen Bob in action many years ago, don't remember just where right now. There's no doubt he was lightning fast and a real good shot!!! He was Amassing, sad to hear he's gone 4th. Had you seen him in person before?

I don't do all that bad point shooting myself,I even tried the mirror trick with a .22 over the shoulder a few times and didn't do all that bad at all after some practice. I've taken 2 deer in the swamps/swail grass by just pulling up and doing a hip shots with my 30-30 when I jumped them up from a bed and like to show off a bit with the AR & AK's sometimes. I usually can hit 75% of the clays I'm shooting at up to about 75-80 yards from the hip,the rest were scared silly, humping the old 60 in Nam taught me very well!!! I ain't anywhere near as fast or as good as Bob was though!!!! Never will be either!

But I still surprise the Hell out of allot of people when I get to playing,,,,,had lots of practice,,,,and do OK.

Maybe ammo will get back to the point where we can all afford to start doing that again soon ??? X39 is pretty much back to normal again, with 223 getting closer too. I can finally start shooting more again,,,,bout frigging time! Been "Jones-ing"!!!

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by stalker1 View Post
    Rotator cuff? Had that done last year. If so good luck it's a bitch but I'm a happy camper now
    Total rebuild.. Right arm is just a useless stick right now.. Been practicing shooting lest handed.. I am getting pretty good offhand. I can hit the guys target next to me.. Little more practice I know I can hit mine.
    "Man needs but two things to survive alone in the woods. A blow up female doll and his trusty old AK-47" - Thomas Jefferson 1781

Feedback Score

good luck on the surgery 4th and bob munden was so fast, 2 shots sounded like one and dead on to boot!

Feedback Score

A few decades back, I ran into Mr. Munden just outside of Ft Liquordale. He was out in the sawgrass working out with a local fastdraw club. During jaw-sessions during breaks in the shooting, he told us that at the time there was another guy that was faster than him. The man's name? Jerry Lewis. Apparently Mr Lewis, Dean Martin and Sammy Davis used to be fast draw guys and Mr Munden said Lewis was faster. Kewl, huh?
    Hunter

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

The Rat Pack were fast draw guys,,unreal,,are ya just pulling our leg hunter-02 ??? It wouldn't surprise me though, they were from back in the day when performers had lots of different skills in there resume. Might not really surprise me,, But Jerry Lewis??? Really? Who'd a thunk it?

4th that's to funny, Ya still shooting the next guys target?? I thought that was normal??

I can relate to the dead stick part,, I went through that for 2 1/2 years with my left arm/hand after the fall. Usless,,,,, Hope it heals up quick and well, sucks to be so helpless sometimes. I learned allot of new ways to do thing now, I need some type of tool or equipment to do shit with now,, where as I'd just used to grab something and move it around. Hell I just had to break out the 4-wheeler just to drag an old pool liner across the yard to cover the wood pile with,,before it would have been no issue.

Being all Decrepit SUCKS!!!!!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

"4th that's to funny, Ya still shooting the next guys target?? I thought that was normal??"

My Marine friend, Recruit Depot San Diego, late 60s. They were taking anybody, so his double vision was overlooked! Rifle qualifications during Boot, he fires a perfect score with the M14, only trouble was it was on the target to his left, not his! Apparently there were two groups of DI's, one that ran range training and one that did everything else. He sez the Range DIs were all real polite because ya had loaded rifles in their presence, the rest were like Ermey in Full Metal Jacket, only not as nice. Anyways apparently the two DIs almost came to blows over his score, the Range DI wanted to zero him out while the other one wanted another Expert badge winner in his class. They finally compromised by letting him reshoot and he aimed at the right hand target this time. Only dropped one X so he still got the Expert badge.

BTW, according to the NRA anyway, Sammy Davis Jr. was the reigning fast draw King of the Rat Pack. Apparently he was faster than Martin or Lewis. I remember Sammy did his quick draw and "fancy revolver work" act on the Tonight Show back when Carson was on it. He was damn good with a Colt SAA!

http://www.nrapublications.org/index...-the-rat-pack/

Feedback Score

i remember that also sammy davis was good but never like munden.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.