Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: any body else get sick after a flu shot?

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndAmendican View Post
    Yeah back in the early 80's when I was at Parris Island, they had us go through the gauntlet twice during our 13 weeks. Have zero clue what all they got us with, but like you said, they mostly had the guns and were popping everyone in the arm. First the right, then the left, then the right, and so on. They were definitely NOT gentle about it eaither. LOL. Come to think about it though, it was probably the easiest thing I went through at P.I. LOL.
    Same with us 2nd back in the 60s.. Lot of fun standing in a line two miles long and those dick wads with the air guns ready to stick yah..
    Well guess what? Those S.O.B.s did not wipe the damn guns off, they just kept shooting.. Whatever the 500 guys in front of you had, you stood a chance of getting.. Fuel injecting their stained blood into yours...
    You Vets get yourselves checked for Hep C.. Even A or B for that matter.. Half the Nam Vets come to my house have hepatitis..
    Their is a vaccination for Hep A and B, but not C..
    "Man needs but two things to survive alone in the woods. A blow up female doll and his trusty old AK-47" - Thomas Jefferson 1781

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Chiroone View Post
    When the vaccine manufacturers make the flu shot, they have to guess at the specific strain of the virus we will be facing. If they guess right, it may work, if they guess wrong, it will not work.

As for myself, I will not be getting it, I see quite a few bad reactions, some mild some profound. I say if you are older, immune compromised or have respiratory or heart issues, best you get it.
    True Chiroone. The shot they give us is a "dead viral" strain, of the 2 or 3 many strains their chancing on..
    Can you get the shot and still catch the flu? Yes, but almost always not the ones you got the shot for..
    Hell I get the flu shot.. All the crap I put in my body for 66 years, damn flu probably does not even want in..
    Mercury? Think I ate a thermometer once when I was a kid.. Had to go too the barber twice a week, my hair would not stop growing..
    "Man needs but two things to survive alone in the woods. A blow up female doll and his trusty old AK-47" - Thomas Jefferson 1781

Feedback Score

When I got out of the army I wouldn't even stand in line to get a movie ticket for a long tome

Feedback Score

Anybody use a netiepot? I just did and I can breathe some. No more flu vaccine for me!

Feedback Score
    41 (100%)

stalker1 - I haven't used a netipot, but the simple saline solution spray will do something similar. Another great thing to have on hand/use is black elderberry (sambucus nigra) tincture or extract. The stuff works great!
    "To show you how radical I am, I want carjackers dead. I want rapists dead. I want burglars dead. I want child molesters dead. I want the bad guys dead. No court case. No parole. No early release. I want 'em dead. Get a gun and when they attack you, shoot 'em."
    Ted Nugent - speaking at the NRA convention April 17, 2005

Feedback Score

Thanks sniper69! Where could I find the elderberry extract at if you don't mind?

Feedback Score
    41 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by stalker1 View Post
    Thanks sniper69! Where could I find the elderberry extract at if you don't mind?
    I bought quite a few bottles last year through drugstore.com and it can also be found in cans at wine making places (in case you have a wine making store near by). The extract is the most affordable way to get it. They also sell the elderberry extract at health food/natural health stores. There is also a commercial formulation as a natural flu remedy sold under the names sambucol or sambucus.

They also sell dried elderberries online (even amazon sells them in 1 lb. packages). Then you can make a tincture. I can post a recipe or two if you need or want them.

Or for me, I'm going to start a few elderberry trees in the house over the winter and plant them in my yard come spring. Then by the second year they should produce berries and I'll have a renewable supply of elderberry (plus it makes good wine and liqueur ).
    "To show you how radical I am, I want carjackers dead. I want rapists dead. I want burglars dead. I want child molesters dead. I want the bad guys dead. No court case. No parole. No early release. I want 'em dead. Get a gun and when they attack you, shoot 'em."

Feedback Score

My flu shot turned into pneumonia. Just got out of the er after only three hours. Jacked up ontoradol morphine steroids and something else. Going to bed hope I can sleep.

Feedback Score

And no steroid shot not letting me sleep headache gone tho so I'm not complaining. I was beginning to be a bigger pita than usual. So my wife's happy!

Feedback Score
    41 (100%)

stalker1 - hope you get feeling better quickly. Being sick sucks.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.