Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Time to dig the flannels out?

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by mtdew View Post
    Response to fyredup--LMAO! My buddy from SD says he goes out shirtless on 20 deg+ days to get a tan!
    Heck I used to take the trash cans down on garbage day in shorts and barefoot walking in the snow!

Honestly though as I have gotten older my body just doesn't like the cold so much anymore.

Always sore, always tired Bradrock's Avatar
    Feedback Score
    23 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by FyredUp View Post
    Flannels? Geez toughen up! LOL... Here in Wisconsin 15 degrees is still jeans and sweatshirt weather.

Yeah right.........And aren't you the same people that wear bricks of cheeze on your heads?
    " Save a tree...........Eat A Beaver!"

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)

Down here it was 68 degrees and beautiful at around noon. By midnight it was 25 degrees and windy!!!!! 21 degrees at the house when I got up for work this morning. Hell I don't know if got that cold all last winter!!! I actually never wore my "Winter coat" at all last year, just a fleece pullover.
    Enforcement, NOT Amnesty!!!!!!

"If they’re going to come here illegally, apply for & receive assistance through a corrupted Government agency encouraging this lawless behavior, work under the table & send billions of dollars each year back to their families in Mexico, while bleeding local economies dry, protest in our streets waving their Mexican flags DEMANDING rights, while I have to press ’1′ for English, then they need to be shipped back to where they came from!" -Chad Miller

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by Bradrock View Post
    Yeah right.........And aren't you the same people that wear bricks of cheeze on your heads?
    Not me. Heck even after living here for 43 years I am still called a flatlander! (Originally from Illinois)

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)

Yeah, I was a flatlander when living at Traverse City. I guess only Yoopers are real Michiganders. Heh.Heh

Now..........You don't have " fudgies" in Wis. do you?

Feedback Score

LMAO!
    I think the cheese is a Green Bay Packers thing.
    Locals around here call people from Wisconsin "Milk Duds", like the candy.
    HART SYSTEMS
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evr_tP9cJWY
    Pull up your pants, turn off that damn rap and speak clear English, if you want to talk to me.

Feedback Score

Yeah, I was a flatlander when living at Traverse City. I guess only Yoopers are real Michiganders. Heh.Heh

Now..........You don't have " fudgies" in Wis. do you?
    Traverse city folk are actually trolls, since you are just below the bridge. The flatlander term is reserved for us folk in the flat lands of Michigan. Not sure of where the cutoff starts.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

-33 degree's on Camels Hump this AM, +14 here in the valley with a high of 30 forecast for today. Sunny and nice though.

I put the flannel to bed years ago. The new fabrics are the cats ass!!!

When I'm out ice fishing in my Ice Armor gear I only wear a Long Jon type poly base layer,which look and feel like flannel/fleece, black cotton jeans, my tournament shirt(thin poly too), a hoodie then my Blue Suit, which is a Gor-Tex jacket and bib combo, non insulated. The Grey Suits are insulated. That Blue Suit will get me down to 0-to -5 before I need to add another layer. This Ice Armor line is great, very light and much warmer compared to wool, flannel, and most of the traditional fabrics ,,and half the bulk and just as warm as wool should it possibly get wet somehow,,I've been out in sleet storms for hours ice fishing and stayed dry as a bone in it. They make camo suits too, which I have 2 of also, one swamp grass pattern, the other, Real Tree.

I fell through the ice 2 years ago at last ice in my Blue Suit,even then I only got a little wet around my mid section, and ended up going to a different spot with safe ice and finished off the rest of the day of fishing without getting cold, about 4 hours worth. Only one foot got cold sense that boot flooded, but otherwise OK.

Can those woollies and get modern gear, it's WAY BETTER. Lots of construction guys around here wear that Blue and Grey Suit too, there great for construction workers, loggers and equipment operators that have to be out in all kinds of weather. They love um too.

That's been my go to sense I was introduced to them 5 years ago when I started Pro Staffing for Clam Outdoors and they've never failed me once even at -30 with blistering winds and white out conditions. And when you help out a guide,, the weather is not a limiting option, it's the job! Blizzards above the ice don't mean shit to them hogzilla Crappies and Gills waiting for ya down below! That's when you just flip up the Genz thermal Fish Trap, turn on the Little Buddie heater, pull off the jacket and fish in comfort watching the Vexilar and YANKING AND CRANKING,,,,MAN all this modern gear is THE BOMB!!!!

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)

When we used to fish Grand Traverse bay at first ice ,we all had " Ice picks" sewn to our coat sleeves to help drag yourself out of the water. What the hell was I thinking?

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

You bet Bradrock,,I don't leave home without them in early and late season ice, they hang around my neck and if it's iffy,, a life preserver and throw lines too. Never know where you'll find a current making thin spots those times of the year.

They have floating ice fishing suits now too,,Strikers for one. But they have slightly more bulk to them, but still not bad at all. Those would be nice for late season goose/duck hunters that are out on the lake well after the Fish& Game boats are out of the water. Safety first ya know!!!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.