Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Time to dig the flannels out?

Always sore, always tired Bradrock's Avatar
    Feedback Score
    23 (100%)

Last time I was ice fishing, A hunting suit was still red & black plaid wool! Not the best thing for a dunking! Heh...Heh
    " Save a tree...........Eat A Beaver!"

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Not really!!! Heavy as hell when wet too.

Ah here's the guy that was supposed to be here at 10 AM to help me out with the last blind,with him,, 3 hours late is normal,,should have told him 7:00,,off and running,,,,,

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by FyredUp View Post
    Heck I used to take the trash cans down on garbage day in shorts and barefoot walking in the snow!

Honestly though as I have gotten older my body just doesn't like the cold so much anymore.
    Now on the flip side of the coin, a gal I used to work with who was originally from Wisconsin and had lived here for 15 yrs or so, had a brother who had never visited the fine state of Arkansas. He wanted to come down and visit her for a month or so. He arrived in late July. A week later he packed his stuff and split for home. Told his sis, "You people are crazy to live here, its so damn unbearably hot and the humidity is so high I cant friggen breathe!
    "NA BEAN DON CHAT GUN LAMHAINN"
    Clan MacPherson
    "CREAG DHUBH"!

Always sore, always tired Bradrock's Avatar
    Feedback Score
    23 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by mtdew View Post
    Now on the flip side of the coin, a gal I used to work with who was originally from Wisconsin and had lived here for 15 yrs or so, had a brother who had never visited the fine state of Arkansas. He wanted to come down and visit her for a month or so. He arrived in late July. A week later he packed his stuff and split for home. Told his sis, "You people are crazy to live here, its so damn unbearably hot and the humidity is so high I cant friggen breathe!
    This is so true! We moved here from South Florida & NEVER DREAMED it would be hotter here!
    Now the humidity.........not even close to Sub tropical Fla. Folks here whine when it's 30 -40 % . That would be bone dry down in the swamps where even your fingernails sweat!
    " Save a tree...........Eat A Beaver!"

Feedback Score

Got down to 13 here in Nebraska. Had to shut the window in the bedroom about half way.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

It's amassing just how humid it can get around here in the summer time too, you wouldn't think it would being VT, but it does.

The mountain areas aren't bad, but the valley gets pretty bad sometimes,,and when I'm out on the lake in the boat, I can relate to the "your fingernails even sweat",,, thing!!

That's one of the main reasons I left the Fayetteville NC area,,I just couldn't take the humidity anymore. Not while working anyhow. Plus body shop materials just act all goofy in the excessive humidity sometimes making the job even harder.

I'm a born and raised VT ridge runner at heart and grew up here where it's normally decent. We do get those "dog days" occasionally , but not all that often.

Feedback Score

Thought I was the only one that knew what ridge runner meant!.we are old school are'nt we? Why I live In the mountains now

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

hELL ITS A NICE WARM DAY HERE IN WISCONSIN . IT WAS ABOUT 19 DEGREESS LAST NIGHT THAT MAKES FOR GOOD SLEEPING WEATHER .

HERE IS THE FRONT YARD YESTERDAY LOOKS LIKE i LL NEED TO MOW THE GRASS SOON .
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Time to dig the flannels out?-get-attachment-20-.jpg  

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Yup we've gotten a couple dusting's like that too so far. And Oh Boy,Oh Boy, there forecasting 2-3 " on Monday,,deer season opens tomorrow,,,I'd love some nice fresh snow to quite things down a bit. Last year it was so dry all season it was like walking through a bowl of corn flakes it was so GD dry!!! You couldn't do a spot and stalk to save your ass,,2 steps into the woods ,,,you were busted! It was impossible to stalk quietly.

You bet stalker1,,,I've been a ridge runner all my life, figuratively and literally. When I worked for the Forest Service, I was the Appellation Trail Ridge runner and covered the AT from Hanover NH to Franconia NH for about 7 years, and in the Lincoln Woods Wilderness Area as a Back Country Ranger, along the Pemigewasset Highway which also included part of Franconia Ridge. Did that for nearly 12 years as a seasonal, never could get on full time. Loved it though,,,,, the Best Job I ever had.

And as a kid,,if you didn't see me around,,,guaranteed,,,I was in the woods hunting, or on the river fishing.

Feedback Score

Beautiful here today mid 50's I worked outside on my siding all afternoon and it was awesome.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.