Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: 2014 Chick-fil-A calendar

Feedback Score

Bunch of damned trouble makers.
    At my local Popeyes, the counter girls are three young black ladies. Between 350 & 450 pounds. Two of them are so bad (How bad are they?) they're so bad they have to lean on one hand while they count change back with the other.
    Lord help me but I hope I'm there when one of them slips on the grease and goes down.
    Hunter

Feedback Score
    41 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by stalker1 View Post
    After thanksgiving will it be ok if I post a comment on your coleslaw recipe? Btw we talk about food a lot in church since we have social gatherings and my wife bakes a lot of cakes that are sold to raise money for groups that make kids Christmas's better that wouldn't have anything otherwise.
    stalker1 - of course it is ok. I hope that you and your family like the coleslaw recipe.

And it is great to talk about food, we do at church as well, and also at most places I go to. Everybody I've ever met likes food. and if we want to talk about it here in the general discussion forum, why not?

Selling the cakes and raising money for kids Christmas gifts is a noble and good thing to do. Our church does Thanksgiving baskets for families in need in both our church and the community. We have a sign up sheet so people can bring in particular food packaged items (turkeys, canned goods, dinner rolls, pies, etc) and then those items are put into a big box for each family (and they all get the same amount of items). At Christmas our church does Christmas boxes for families in need both in church and the community. A local grocery store donates all of the food items and there is a family in town that buys and donates the gifts for the kids. Volunteers from church then drop the Christmas boxes off to the families (the pastor and deacons drop off the boxes to the families from church, and those that volunteer drop off the boxes to the families in the community. This is done with the Thanksgiving baskets as well so that families in need in the church can ask for help without feeling like there would be any church members looking down on them).

If you want any other recipes, let me know as I love to cook a variety of items. I can send the recipes in a Private message as well so people don't think we're becoming a cooking forum. LOL
    "To show you how radical I am, I want carjackers dead. I want rapists dead. I want burglars dead. I want child molesters dead. I want the bad guys dead. No court case. No parole. No early release. I want 'em dead. Get a gun and when they attack you, shoot 'em."
    Ted Nugent - speaking at the NRA convention April 17, 2005

Feedback Score
    41 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by hunter_02 View Post
    Bunch of damned trouble makers.
    At my local Popeyes, the counter girls are three young black ladies. Between 350 & 450 pounds. Two of them are so bad (How bad are they?) they're so bad they have to lean on one hand while they count change back with the other.
    Lord help me but I hope I'm there when one of them slips on the grease and goes down.
    Hunter
    "To show you how radical I am, I want carjackers dead. I want rapists dead. I want burglars dead. I want child molesters dead. I want the bad guys dead. No court case. No parole. No early release. I want 'em dead. Get a gun and when they attack you, shoot 'em."
    Ted Nugent - speaking at the NRA convention April 17, 2005

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by sniper69 View Post
    Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over?

And to think all of this is because I posted about a calendar that has a "coupon" card for free food each month. And I did post this in General discussion, not in one of the firearms subforums. So, my apologies to those offended about talking about some chicken and coleslaw in the General Discussion Forum. It is a lot better than threads/posts about cop bashing, or race baiting, or any of the other things complained about that some members say make this site lose members. When I get ready to do some of my projects, even though I wasn't going to post about some of them, now I will so that there will be a bunch of posts that are firearms related. And it won't be in the general discussion forum, but in the proper firearms related forum.

As for the talk about queers, butt sex, or whatever else. I support Dan Cathy and his beliefs, Chick-fil-A has gotten more business because of him standing by his beliefs and not waffling about them, and also realize that he was discussing his personal beliefs - not those of Chick-fil-A. Maybe I'm partial to Chick-fil-A because I worked there in the distant past and like the food, like the company, and like that they are a successful American business. How many realize that even today they squeeze lemons everyday to make the fresh lemonade sold at restaurants; the salads, coleslaw, etc are all cut up and made on the premises instead of being shipped in already cut up/made like many fast food places, the chicken is breaded fresh and doesn't come in frozen with the breading already on it (like most fast food places), etc. They are successful not only for the great food, but also for the fact that the ceo stands by his beliefs and doesn't waffle about them like many places/people do when attacked by those that aren't happy with someones beliefs. Some I have talked to (off this forum) believe that Chick-fil-A is successful because of the religious/Christian beliefs of the company founder and ceo. And the location I worked for quite a while ago even had Bibles in the break room and we always said prayers before manager meetings etc. I knew which of the other manager's weren't Christian/believe in God - but they were always the first to bow their heads when it came time for prayers out of respect for those that did believe in God/or were Christian (I know their reason because I asked them about it in private after one of the meetings, because I knew what their beliefs were, and we got along great as coworkers). Not the typical American company....

This almost makes me want to start a thread about Barilla pasta and what the owner of that company said about not allowing same sex couples in his companies advertisements. I bet that could degenerate into a pissing match between some members too (just like about any subject lately in the General discussion forum).
    The simple fact is I NEVER said that any of these business owners had to change a thing they believe. All I said was that they should expect backlash from those that disagree. Hell, I have never even seen a Chik-fil-A let alone ate at one so even if I wanted to boycott one I would have to find one first. (No, I don't want to boycott them.) As for Barilla pasta, I love that stuff and will continue to buy and use it.

My entire beef was, in my opinion the completely unnecessary, and overly graphic, ranting and raving about gay anal and oral sex. Then that person complaining about the topic of chicken. I thought up to that point this was an interesting and fun conversation.

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by sniper69 View Post
    stalker1 - of course it is ok. I hope that you and your family like the coleslaw recipe.

And it is great to talk about food, we do at church as well, and also at most places I go to. Everybody I've ever met likes food. and if we want to talk about it here in the general discussion forum, why not?

Selling the cakes and raising money for kids Christmas gifts is a noble and good thing to do. Our church does Thanksgiving baskets for families in need in both our church and the community. We have a sign up sheet so people can bring in particular food packaged items (turkeys, canned goods, dinner rolls, pies, etc) and then those items are put into a big box for each family (and they all get the same amount of items). At Christmas our church does Christmas boxes for families in need both in church and the community. A local grocery store donates all of the food items and there is a family in town that buys and donates the gifts for the kids. Volunteers from church then drop the Christmas boxes off to the families (the pastor and deacons drop off the boxes to the families from church, and those that volunteer drop off the boxes to the families in the community. This is done with the Thanksgiving baskets as well so that families in need in the church can ask for help without feeling like there would be any church members looking down on them).

If you want any other recipes, let me know as I love to cook a variety of items. I can send the recipes in a Private message as well so people don't think we're becoming a cooking forum. LOL
    WOW! A recipe exchange? COOL! I like to cook and bake as well!

Feedback Score

Fryedup I haven't been back here that long but your posts I've seen so far have been well put and you have stated your thoughts in a rational intelligent manner with out yelling.I don't know your ideology but if you like firearms AND cooking you cool with me.

Feedback Score

Oops I meant fyredup sorry man

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by stalker1 View Post
    Fryedup I haven't been back here that long but your posts I've seen so far have been well put and you have stated your thoughts in a rational intelligent manner with out yelling.I don't know your ideology but if you like firearms AND cooking you cool with me.
    I am hard to define politically and probably religiously too. To be honest I don't believe either party as a whole has the nation's or the average working person's best interest at heart. It is about power and money and who can get the most. Not about what is best for our nation and the people. I have lost a lot of respect for organized religion because it seems the base mission of Love Your Neighbor and do good deeds has somehow gotten lost in the shuffle with all the politicizing of religion. That is not to say I don't have my own beliefs, I most certainly do, but to me that is a private thing between me and my creator.

I think sometimes I irritate people here because I simply refuse to fall in line and march one hard line ideology. I believe in the United States, I believe in my rights as a citizen guaranteed by the Constitution, I most certainly believe the line "Shall not be infringed" in the Second Ammendment is perfectly clear. I believe in my right to be left alone as long as I am harming no one else. But I also believe that we have a duty to help those sincerely in need to get back on their feet. I believe that it is criminal how fouled up our system of medical care is and Obama care has seemed to only make that worse. I guess I am a completely middle of the road guy. BUT I can lean strongly one way or the other depending on the issue.

I do like firearms, I like reading about guns, talking about guns, looking at guns, and mostly shooting guns. I have a hard time understanding those that don't. As for cooking, it has been a passion of mine since I was a boy. Both my Mom and Dad were pretty good cooks and since we had a family business when I got old enough cooking became one of my jobs. Man did I love to experiment and make things that neither of them had ever cooked. Being of Italian heritage I love to make Lasagna, stuffed shells, spaghetti, spaghetti pie, Italian sausage with sauce and onions and peppers. I like to grill all kinds of things. And I like to bake too, with my homemade, from scratch, brownies being a popular request by friends and family. REAL MEN COOK and women find it sexy as hell!

Maybe that helped you understand more about me or maybe it just confused you more. One thing I can tell you is my friends will say I am a loyal friend that can be counted on, but that I am brutally honest, blunt, and stubborn as hell!

Feedback Score

OK, now that us girls are exchanging recipes, does anyone know how to fry ravioli? Had them once at a wedding reception and they were great. Tried it several ways and my dog wouldn't eat them. Any ideas?
    Hunter

Feedback Score

DING...DING...DING...WE HAVE A WINNER....
    Just realized the problem with F'dUp......"BEING OF I T A L I A N HERITAGE".....
    My wife is 'one of those people'.....Hhoooooo boy..... Just sayin'
    Hunter

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Search tags for this page

chick fil a 2014 calendar release date

chick fil a june 2014 item

chickfila calendar card may item 2014

free chick fil a 2014 calendar card

what is free at chick fil a this month 2014

what is the free chick fa la meal this month 2014

Click on a term to search our site for related topics.