Thread: Vets rapidly losing 2nd Amendment gun rights

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Default Vets rapidly losing 2nd Amendment gun rights

Vets rapidly losing 2nd Amendment gun rights

Snippit:

Gun owners are on the defensive these days from assaults on their civil rights. Sen. Feinstein’s 2013 Assault Weapons Ban and Vice President Biden’s list of gun control initiatives are only the beginning. Behind the scenes, US military veterans are afraid they are being specifically targeted and are quickly losing their 2nd Amendment rights. According to one group, in over 150,000 instances, they already have.

“Mentally defective” veterans

There’s a phenomenon in the US military that has always puzzled this author. No American seems more pro-tyranny and anti-We The People than the active duty US soldier. But no American is more pro-We The People and anti-tyranny than the US military veteran. For generations, veterans have been the defenders of liberty in America, not the US military. Now, all that may change if the Obama administration has its way.

The veterans PAC called Special Operations Speaks(SOS) issued a dire warning a few days ago. They’re afraid Attorney General Eric Holder, at the insistence of President Obama, will add all military veterans diagnosed with Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) to the rolls of Americans forbidden from owning or purchasing firearms.

“Our veterans put it all on the line to protect our Constitution,” Col. Dick Brauer, USAF (Ret.) and Co-Founder of Special Operations Speaks told supporters, “But if President Obama and his gun-grabbing allies get their way, they will be among the first to see their Constitutional rights limited.”

Col. Dick Brauer says the threat, “sounds too insulting and ridiculous to be true.” But the retired Air Force Colonel insists that it’s already happening. “In fact,” he explains, “Thanks to executive actions that are already in effect, more than 150,000 veterans have had their names added to the National Instant Criminal Background Check System, NICS as it’s commonly called.”

Continued: http://www.wnd.com/2013/03/va-says-r...ts-gun-rights/

When you're born you get a ticket to the freak show. When you're born in America , you get a front row seat. - George Carlin

Citizen, Patriot, Ranger bellson's Avatar
    Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

Oh Boy!

Talk about the shot heard round the world! This will be very bad for Obama if this gains any steam....Dumbshit still does not know where his bread is buttered.
    Imagine whirled peas

Peace, Love, And Superior Firepower

Bellson

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

thus is from around a year ago an has made its rounds on the net as I recall .

If this a shot heard around the worlds its not getting much response .

Im pretty sure I have seen this before like 10 months ago .

but Ill play along Obama sucks Holder sucks , the government is going to take over an we need more ammo an guns to fight the military , the Muslims ,the liberals, zombies an who ever else is in the news this week .

for the record I see a lot of vets who need some serous mental help an maybe should not have a a gun . Navy yard shooter perhaps ?
    I think it sucks how our vets are treated young an old .

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

A Veteran’s Tale: Sliding Down the Slippery Slope of Mental Health Checks for Gun Owners

Snippit:

I live in Pennsylvania and 12 years ago my 2nd amendment rights were stripped from me. I was going through a break up with a woman I’d been seeing for about 2 years. To get the last shot on her way out, my ex called the cops and falsely claimed that I threatened to kill her and myself. I was taken to the hospital and did a 72 hour observation and was released without incident.

But under PA’s section 302 I was stripped of my 2nd amendment rights without due process and all it took was a doctor’s signature. I was afforded no recourse. My civil rights were just gone. I was given no access to an attorney and I was never brought before a judge.

Now I have this stigma attached to me that I’m some dangerous mentally ill person who can’t be trusted with a gun. I have never been in a physical altercation in my entire life. I’ve never laid my hands on anyone in anger nor threatened anyone. I have no history of mental issues and no criminal record. The state in all its mercy provides a vehicle to get my rights back. You have to petition the court.

All these people pushing for more mental health laws better be careful what they wish for. It could end up being them losing their 2nd amendment rights next. It can happen to anyone. It doesn’t take any evidence, only the accusation. If you would like to use my story, you can but please just keep my name private.

Continued: http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/201...or-gun-owners/
    When you're born you get a ticket to the freak show. When you're born in America , you get a front row seat. - George Carlin

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

i THINK ITS A VERY SLIPPERY SLOPE .

ONCE YOU START PULLING GUNS FROM THOSE WHO HELP THOSE WHO NEED HELP WILL STOP TRYING TO GET IT .

TRX
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Just remember, after Sandy Hook, the NRA was proposing a Federal sanity certification program and some sort of "sanity card" for gun owners.

If you don't remember, the news articles are still out there.
    Perge, scelus, mihi diem perficias.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

we have nuts running around with guns out here.

personally i sort of think at least SOME of the convicted felons should get their rights to vote and rights to arms back simply because the laws of what now are a felony are so absurd. you often see people with technical felonys denied their rights . like being busted for tax evasion, or the EPA and so on.

any gang-banger/violent offender types SHOULD be denied arms.

we have a guy running around in the deer woods toady that fired on a national guard helicopter full of sheriffs dept officers and DEA a few years ago. he got all lawyered up and pleaded insanity , spent a few weeks at some kind of mental re-hab . now he is out shooting up peoples livestock with a .270--(PS this guy ain't a vet.hes a mammas boy)

obviously some vets that do have severe difficulties probably should not have firearms as any other person with a mental problem.

if this nut out here is any kind of standard --that would mean that a vet would have to be in awful shape to have his firearms rights revoked.

this person SHOULD HAVE lost his right to firearms. but he is still out there with high powered rifles.

i think we have a bit of rome before the fall in the laws of today. the law just applies to certain groups or people while others are overlooked and that is where the real problem is.

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.