Thread: GOOD RIDDANCE, EVIE: Senator Hudak Resigns To Avoid Recall

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Default GOOD RIDDANCE, EVIE: Senator Hudak Resigns To Avoid Recall

GOOD RIDDANCE, EVIE: Senator Hudak Resigns To Avoid Recall

UPDATE: The rape survivors who testified against a bill that would ban concealed carry on college campuses and who were disrespected by Hudak in the process reacted to the news that Hudak had resigned:

“I am pleased that the people of Senate District 19 put enough pressure on Senator Hudak to cause her to resign her Senate seat. Her treatment of me and other women in March demonstrated Senator Hudak’s belief that she knows better than the women of Colorado how they should best defend themselves. My sincere hope is that the Democrats consider, in their replacement choice, that the women of Colorado can make self-defense decisions on their own.” – Amanda Collins

“At Women for Concealed Carry, we are happy to hear of Senator Hudak’s resignation. Although she says her votes on gun control bills make women safer, the facts do not support that. We told her that these bills would make us less safe. She refused to listen to us during testimony, but today’s resignation indicates her constituents expect their representative to listen. Colorado deserves better.

” – Kim Weeks

———

State Senator Evie Hudak resigned her seat this morning to avoid facing an impending recall election spurred by her votes for gun control and her condescending treatment of a rape victim testifying at the Capitol earlier this year.

KDVR‘s Eli Stokols broke the story:

DENVER — State Sen. Evie Hudak has decided to resign rather than risk facing a recall election that, should she lose, would flip control of the senate to Republicans, FOX31 Denver is first to report Wednesday.

Hudak is expected to make the official announcement with a press release sometime Wednesday morning.

Hudak, D-Westminster, could have been the third Democratic lawmaker to face a recall over a package of gun control bills they helped pass earlier this year.
    Democrats will now be able to appoint a replacement through a vacancy committee, thus ensuring they continue to control the State Senate this coming legislative session.

Hudak’s resignation is the ultimate sign of weakness in the face of a massive voter backlash over the Bloomberg-backed gun control bills pushed through the Legislature this year. Rather than defend her votes before the people, she chose to employ a loophole that would allow her party to retain the seat.

A recent Quinnipiac poll found that independent voters in Colorado oppose the new gun control laws 61% – 33%.

Despite Hudak’s resignation, Democrats aren’t out of the wilderness yet. Whomever they appoint to replace her will have to face the voters next November. In 2012, with roughly 569 OFA offices in Jefferson County, Hudak barely won by a few hundred votes. In an off year election like 2014 it will be mighty hard for Democrats to hold.

Good riddance, Evie. And thanks for the extra targeted seat.

http://coloradopeakpolitics.com/2013...-avoid-recall/
    When you're born you get a ticket to the freak show. When you're born in America , you get a front row seat. - George Carlin

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

not really good news,
    see this was a ploy so to stop the re-call and possibly get a republican in, she resigned so they can appoint another democrat in her place and then she is going to run for another office.
    they won on this one
    Sprat and sprat1 are one and the same.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

That's all well and good, but she's out and there are other fish to fry in that liberal-progressive cesspool. Other legislators voted against the 2A and they should be targeted as well. So far the forces of good are 3-0 against teh forces of evil. Even Governor Dicklicker or whatever his name - is sweating bullets over his own reelection chances. As long as the pressure continues and doesn't let up we may see some major change in Colorado and possibly a reversal of the anti-gun laws.
    When you're born you get a ticket to the freak show. When you're born in America , you get a front row seat. - George Carlin

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

maybe so, but her resigning changes nothing

recall was the victory
    Sprat and sprat1 are one and the same.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Colorado..... also know as CA/NY lite.

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)

The thing that irks me with the trio that got booted is that they just were the sacrificial lamb so to speak.
    They allowed all the bullshit to be rammed through legislation here,lost their jobs,but for the party so what-the laws stick-the parties main goal.
    Who cares who lost their job they achieved the end goal.
    Alinsky couldn't be more proud....

Now if they can get all the legislation these schmucks rammed down our throats repealed I would be happy.Till then we have to be picky on who we put in those seats and hound the shit out of them to do their jobs WERE PAYING THEM TO DO!!!
    Keep the change-I just want my Country back!!!

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

No Prob,,,

She'll just turn up in some other job in government thanks to her playing the "sacrificial lamb",,,

Mark My Words

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

NOW IF OBAMA WOULD JUST RESIGN.

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by twa2471 View Post
    No Prob,,,

She'll just turn up in some other job in government thanks to her playing the "sacrificial lamb",,,

Mark My Words
    Oh no doubt betcha she has a spot with Bloomberg.....
    Keep the change-I just want my Country back!!!

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Good news, way to go CO!

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.