Thread: bad-colonel-no-eagles

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Citizen, Patriot, Ranger bellson's Avatar
    Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

So, just because I can. I dug up the original Blog Post by said Lt. Col. and read it several times.

Once my blood pressure returned to a somewhat normal level, I sent Dear Lt. Col. a nice note, where I challenged many of his assertions. I will admit to being a little bit snarky; I started the email out by saying I was ashamed of him....My bad.

Amazingly, he replied!

So, I have spent a couple of hours composing a rebuttal to his, shall we say; misdirected reply.....

There was one point that I could not rebut directly: The Gun Violence rate in the UK that he lists as .65% (1.03 in 100,000) in 2011. Mr Lt. Col. also states that the US has a gun violence (murder rate) of 10 in 100,000, except that there are more than 300,000,000 (300 Million) in the US, and only 12,000 murders by firearm.

There was a report of how the UK treats gun violence in terms of Death Certificates, and how if there is no conviction, there is no final cause of death. Something to that effect...

But this is why I am posting:

Can any of you recall anything like what I described above? Post a link if you know of something or can find anything. I need good and verifiable sources to shove down this individual's throat.

When I am done with this guy, I will post a copy of the email chain....

Regards,
    Imagine whirled peas

Peace, Love, And Superior Firepower

Bellson

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

#1 he is a Traitor he swore to up hold the Constitution and is actively undermining it.. second he's an idiot.. as gun crime accounts for so few deaths..it's a joke.. your doctor is 1000 times more likely to kill you than a firearm.. I'd guess if his men were aware of his viewpoints in the field in the infantry he likely get fragged... infantry boy tend to like their guns.. B2B

Feedback Score

he just wants attention in my opion . I wouldn't give him the time of day. who cares what he says?? a poil child so ignore the stupid dumbass.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

He's looking for a promotion in the "New" army where treason is rewarded.
    I'd rather be a "has been" than a wannabe!

2TIMOTHY2,4 No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairsof this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.

God, Guns and Guts made America free,
    Lets keep all three.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Chicago, IL

Houston, TX
    Population

2.7 million

2.15 million
    Median HH Income

$38,600

$37,000
    % African-American

38.9%

24%
    % Hispanic

29.9%

44%
    % Asian

5.5%

6%
    % Non-Hispanic White

28.7%

26%

Pretty similar until you compare the following:

Chicago, IL

Houston, TX
    Concealed Carry gun law

no

yes
    # of Gun Stores

184 - Dedicated gun stores plus 1500 - legal places to buy guns- Walmart, K-mart, sporting goods, etc.
    Homicides, 2012

Homicides per 100K

Avg. January high temperature (F)

Conclusion?

Cold weather causes crime

and murder.

Next door to my neighbors house in Michigan
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Bellson, I read much the same article on UK classifying only actual gun murders as gun violence where here the U.S. cdc counts accidents, suicides, police involved shootings, justifiable homicides.....basically if anyone died and a gun was involved. I think the article I am thinking of I believe was in SGN by Jeff Knox or Vin Suprynowicz in the past two years or so.

Not the one I remember, but it is discussed here along with comparing all homicide rates. http://johnrlott.blogspot.com/2012/1...hristiane.html
    Last edited by moleman; 12-21-2013 at 11:13 AM.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Feedback Score

The Cato institute has a lot of Stats, the bottom of this article will help you prove your points. http://politicalvelcraft.org/2013/02...was-president/
    "The two enemies of the people are criminals and goverment, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so that the second will not become the legal version of the first" ~ Thomas Jefferson

Citizen, Patriot, Ranger bellson's Avatar
    Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

Thanks everyone for the assist! I was able to find some good info to bolster my points, and score some concessions.

I also want to let you all know that this Gentleman actually called me on the Telephone from the UK last Sunday evening. I will simply report the highlights, and ask that everyone please keep an open mind.

1. Mr. Bateman told me that he is simply sick to death of idiots with guns; a feeling that I think we all share to some degree.
    2. In his official duties, he is one of the planners for NATO readiness, deployments, and the like. He sees the gun crimes as "removing" able bodied recruits from the potential pool. Whether that is the Enlistment pool, or the conscription pool; I am unsure.
    3. Mr. Bateman stated, and I believe him; that he could care less about promotion. HE is getting ready for retirement, where he plans to take up residence on the family farm in the midwest region.
    4. His stated reason for his Blog post was to stir it up hard and get people talking and thinking. He agrees that his method was not the best idea he has ever had. He further indicated that he has received a whole lot of harsh, angry, ranting, emails. He said that my email was the only one that included a whole name, and a telephone number. He was amazed by this, and apologized that it took him more than a week to get to my email.
    5. He asked me to give the gun violence issue some thought, and get back to him via email as to how I would reduce gun violence. I intend to do exactly that.

I would like it if any of you who wish to help would simply post or PM me with your thoughts on how you would reduce gun violence. While none of this will help, I would at least like to try. I am intrigued by this Gentleman, and I want to try to illuminate our views to him.

Lastly, I really caught his attention by blasting his "acceptable firearms list" with some simple facts. I will post this later for your review.

Regards,
    Imagine whirled peas

Peace, Love, And Superior Firepower

Bellson

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.