Gunco Forums banner

DuckDynasty

9K views 90 replies 21 participants last post by  4thIDvet 
#1 ·
Phil Robertson was fired from the A&E show Duck Dynasty.
You'll never guess why.
Hunter

#33 ·
Duck Dynasty Family Tells A&E to go Pound Sand - No more shows

The Robertson family just drew a line in the sand with A&E -- NO PHIL, NO SHOW ... and says they are already talking to the cable channel about possibly pulling the plug on "Duck Dynasty."

The family issued a statement saying, "As a family, we cannot imagine the show going forward without our patriarch at the helm. We are in discussions with A&E to see what that means for the future of 'Duck Dynasty.'"

They also say they're "disappointed" that Phil Robertson was suspended by A&E just for expressing his religious beliefs ... which, they point out, is his "constitutionally protected right."

Fun fact: "Duck Dynasty" is the highest rated cable reality TV show ever.

Way to go A&E.

We want to thank all of you for your prayers and support. The family has spent much time in prayer since learning of A&E's decision. We want you to know that first and foremost we are a family rooted in our faith in God and our belief that the Bible is His word. While some of Phil’s unfiltered comments to the reporter were coarse, his beliefs are grounded in the teachings of the Bible. Phil is a Godly man who follows what the Bible says are the greatest commandments: “Love the Lord your God with all your heart” and “Love your neighbor as yourself.” Phil would never incite or encourage hate.We are disappointed that Phil has been placed on hiatus for expressing his faith, which is his constitutionally protected right.We have had a successful working relationship with A&E but, as a family, we cannot imagine the show going forward without our patriarch at the helm. We are in discussions with A&E to see what that means for the future of Duck Dynasty. Again, thank you for your continued support of our family.

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2013/12/19/duck-dynasty-robertson-family-statement-phil/#ixzz2o1lGyd57

Black Blade: Rumor has it they are already in talks with other suitors begging for "Duck Dynasty" to air on their networks. Even Glenn Beck has reportedly extended an offer for them to be on Blaze TV which would expand the profile of both companies. Apparently A&E stirred up a real shitstorm and is caught up in an internal battle with left-leaning gays in corporate management of the joint cable network venture of privately held Hearst Corp and Disney (DIS) with some angry Disney shareholders demanding their resignations. In coming days Disney could see some backlash as new boycotts of Disney advertisers are supposedly in the planning stages.

#38 ·
How did that post express a negative reaction? What did I post that wasn't true?
IMO Your out looking for a battle or sympathy. Your trying to make the thread about how your treated here . The thread has nothing to do with you . I looks like your trying to get a reaction out of people by somehow trying to show you have been mistreated . Whinnning that MR Robertson is getting support an your not is sort of off base IMO .

You have to join here to comment we all do . This is sort of like a club an if you dont fit in then to bad. You will get treated poorly sort of if you dont like it here leave type deal no one needs to stand up for your rights or your beliefs. If people dont like what you say as member of a group they will speak out even if your 100% correct on a subject . Here you have no constitutional rights if the administrators don't like what your saying they can ban you with no real reason an you cant do any thing about it. None of us here allowed to say any thing we want.

Now if the rest of the world feels Gunco has treated you unfairly an are boycotting the site then that would be a more direct comparison to whats going on .

The difference with Phils remarks is he is speaking his religious beliefs to the world an is a US citizen an private company is trying to silence him. Lots of people like what he has to say an he is getting mass support . A&E has the right to fire his ass just like any one of us could be banned here .

Again I m not looking for a battle or want to derail this thread to deal with yours or others issues .

#42 ·
IMO Your out looking for a battle or sympathy. Your trying to make the thread about how your treated here . The thread has nothing to do with you . I looks like your trying to get a reaction out of people by somehow trying to show you have been mistreated . Whinnning that MR Robertson is getting support an your not is sort of off base IMO .

Not at all. You TOTALLY misread my point. All of you that tried to silence me or get me booted off from here that are now pissed off about Phil Robertson being placed on indefinite hiatus are guilty of trying to do what A&E did. The difference is I am not famous and very few have come to my defense. I don't want sympathy or a battle, but the facts are either you support free speech for everyone or you are a hypocrite. It is really that simple.

By the way, did you read where I said that I believe in free speech even if what is said is something I don't agree with? Show me were i posted one negative thing about the Duck Dynasty Patriarch. you can't because I didn't I actuallysupported his right to say whatever he wants to.

You have to join here to comment we all do . This is sort of like a club an if you dont fit in then to bad. You will get treated poorly sort of if you dont like it here leave type deal no one needs to stand up for your rights or your beliefs. If people dont like what you say as member of a group they will speak out even if your 100% correct on a subject . Here you have no constitutional rights if the administrators don't like what your saying they can ban you with no real reason an you cant do any thing about it. None of us here allowed to say any thing we want.

I don't have a problem with people disagreeing with me, I never did. But YOU are one of them that tried to silence me by having me boted off from here. How is that protecting free speech? Explain how that is any different than A&E removing Phil Robertson?

Seriously, you went on and on for days talking about explicit gay sex on here even after all kinds of people asked you to stop.

Now if the rest of the world feels Gunco has treated you unfairly an are boycotting the site then that would be a more direct comparison to whats going on .

And there in lies your complete and utter hypocrisy. you believe only in free speech you agree with. You do realize that is not free speech.

The difference with Phils remarks is he is speaking his religious beliefs to the world an is a US citizen an private company is trying to silence him. Lots of people like what he has to say an he is getting mass support . A&E has the right to fire his ass just like any one of us could be banned here .

The point you are making here is so absolutely ridiculously indefensible and convoluted that I can't believe that even you wrote it. Free speech is either free speech or it isn't, how much more simple could it be than that?

Again I m not looking for a battle or want to derail this thread to deal with yours or others issues .

But by what you have posted here you absolutely agree with censorship. Yet you are battling against it t the same time.

Look, I don't have to agree with someone to understand that free speech is either free for everyone or it truly isn't free for anyone.

I honestly believe that A&E is biting the hand that feeds them and they completely over reacted to this. The public outcry leaves A&E little wiggle room to save face. From the start I believed that the show would not go on on A&E without Phil Robertson and some other network will jump on it soon enough. It may call for a name change for the show but I believe it will go on whether on A&E or not.

#39 ·
Apparently A&E stirred up a real shitstorm and is caught up in an internal battle with left-leaning gays in corporate management of the joint cable network venture of privately held Hearst Corp and Disney (DIS) with some angry Disney shareholders demanding their resignations. In coming days Disney could see some backlash as new boycotts of Disney advertisers are supposedly in the planning stages.
Im going to guess some will loose there jobs. I think Disney needs to be boycotted until this happens .

REMEMBER WHEN YOU WERE IN HIGH SCHOOL AN A LOT OF THE WEIRD KIDS WERE IN DRAMA ? WELL NOW THEY HAVE GROWN UP AN THERE NOW WORKING IN MEDIA OR ARE ACTING ON TV AN IN MOVIES AN NOW INFLUENCE WHAT YOUR KIDS SEE AS REALITY .

#40 ·
Dinesy Gay Days.. **** gathering..

Uh nope biggun, bit to late. Disney down here caved in too the homos quite a bit back.. Do I dislike homos? 100% no. NO. Just do not touch kids or jam your agenda in my face.. Go home and mount your boyfriend, just don't tell me about it tomorrow.
Here yah go biggun. When you come here to visit and stay in my tree house, we can see Disney from my woooof.. :rockin: 71 miles from my door.
Yup, every week their agenda is in our face. What about goat mounters, that is discrimination. Support your local goat mounters. For America. For the people..

Gay Days at Disney World 2013 - Orlando Gay Days 2013
"From its modest beginnings in 1991 as a informal, one-day celebration at Walt Disney World at which gay and lesbian participants donned red shirts and traveled around the park together, Gay Days at Disney World, also known as Orlando Gay Days has evolved into one of the world's foremost GLBT celebrations. It's also helped spawn an unrelated though similarly popular event in California each October"

#43 ·
The Robertsons could jump ship but they may have to wait a year or so because of the contract between them and A&E network. They could file suit to break the contract or buy it out and then move on but A&E would likely try to stop them (similar to a "no compete clause"). Of course they could always be "guests" as celebs on other shows and keep their faces in the public eye until they are free and clear to start a new series on another network.

#45 ·
The Robertsons could jump ship but they may have to wait a year or so because of the contract between them and A&E network. They could file suit to break the contract or buy it out and then move on but A&E would likely try to stop them (similar to a "no compete clause"). Of course they could always be "guests" as celebs on other shows and keep their faces in the public eye until they are free and clear to start a new series on another network.
I wonder if there is any deflimation of character by his being suspended or any thing that could cause a damage suit by Phil? I mean A$E has a right to there opinion an if the feel Phil does not represent here values they can not use him . How ever they have tied to make Phill look bad at the same time .

I find it ridicules that A&E is so offended but have no Issue continuing to air the shows already recorded . I think A&E has vastly miscalculated who needs who here.

even the media cant do spin control on this . I dont see any one supporting A&E on this form other media sources .

#47 ·
I think we all have the same opinion on gays, so for me enough said on that topic. What we need to concentrate on now is showing the sponsors of A&E network that the normal "God fearing" person means business. Here is a preliminary list of A&E sponsors - hit 'm where it hurts.

Do you know how to spell "Boycott"?

Sensodyne: 1-866-844-2797

T-Mobile: Twitter @TMobile / 1-877-453-1304

Samsung: (PR department) samsungpr@edelman.com / Twitter @samsungtweets / 1-800-726-7864

Motorola: Twitter @motorola / 1-800-734-5870 / 1-847-523-5000

Walgreens: Twitter @walgreens / 1-800-925-4733

IHOP: 1-866-444-5144 / Twitter @IHOP / 1-818-240-6055

Macy’s: (PR Department) anne.keating@bloomingdales.com, 212-705-2434 / @Macys / 1-212-494-3000

Nokia: Twitter @Nokia / 1-888-665-4228

Microsoft: Twitter @microsoft / 1-800-642-7676

Verizon: Twitter @verizonwireless / 1-800- 837-4966

Bass Pro Shops: Twitter @Bass_Pro-Shops / 1-800-494-1300 or 1-800-227-7776

Progressive Insurance: 1-440-461-5000 / Michele_L_Moore@progressive.com

#50 · (Edited)
EDITED to remove unneeded crap toward Fryredup an stick tho the topic

Now about the actual topic
I find it amusing that in two days there are 1.5 million signatures an post boycotting A&E on face book and in three months there are 350,000 signed up for Obamacare.

Heck phil is being pushed for president . An right now is more popular than any other republican . hell Obama got elected because he was different .

#52 ·
POOR LITTLE GUY I FEEL SO SORRY FOR HIM. HE IS ALL MISSUNDER STOOD AN LIED ABOUT AN INTIMIDATED WE SHOULD ALL GIVE HIM A HUG AN SOME HOT COCO :tearsdrip NOT!
Who is keeping the battle going? Not me, I left to go talk about guns. Wasn't it you that was crying about nobody talking about guns?

By the way coco has an a on the end and is spelled properly COCOA.

Have a Merry Christmas!

#55 ·
And here you are again...I left to go talk about guns on a GUN FORUM. There are other forums besides gunco. Why are you still crying about what I said?

By the way, I supported Phil Robertson's right to say what he wants. It's called Freedom of Speech. So you see depsite it just driving you insane we are on the same side on this topic.

Try to calm down. They say Christmas is a stressful season and I would hate for anything bad to happen to you. Especially during Christmas.

Merry Christmas and a Happy new Year!

#57 ·
Wow! Agreeing that Phil Robertson's Right of Free Speech was infringed upon means I fucked up the thread. The funniest part of this is the only one ranting and raving about what I said is 1biggun. I have left TWICE, and even said I was going to post elsewhere on guns, and I did, heck I started 2 gun topics, only to have YOU guys whine about me and drag me back in. If you want me to leave the topic shut up about me. Otherwise I will keep coming back. I think even you 2should be able to figure that one out.

Have a Merry Christmas!

#58 ·
Oh Good Lord ,,,what a bunch of Sally's,,,,

Fight nicely girls,,,,What's the issue, can't anyone disagree with each other now with out it descending into a pissing contest?

In all the discussion's I've had with you FU ,, whether we've agreed or disagreed, we've always seemed managed to discuss stuff w/o it turning into drama between us and it seems you and I can discuss things normally,,, what's up with that? We've managed to stay civil to each other without going ballistic on each other. Ya,,sometimes when you act like a dick I tend to ignore you , just like I do with anyone else that cops an attitude,,Hell we all get like that from time to time, I can be just as much of a dick sometimes too, but I don't get rude.

It sounds more like Senate or Congressional debates around here lately,,,,,everyone chill. Were all opinionated old farts around here, just get over it,,,,lots of us have our own views that won't soon be changed by name calling or being insulting and rude to each other.

I must admit you certainly do tend to like to stir the pot a bit FU, as do others. I don't let it bother me though, it just makes things more entertaining sometimes and it does bring out many different points of view !!! Many things you contribute are interesting to me and I enjoy our conversations together for the most part. For some reason neither of us seem have had issues with each other, and neither of us has changed our initial views on a subject even when we disagree, maybe it's just mutual respect for each other,,

perhaps everyone should try working on this a bit more.

I don't know what has happened to you and a couple other members here that has caused such a riff between you guys, but it certainly doesn't add positively to many of the discussions here,, I know I sure don't like it when anyone starts being insulting to me and I'm sure no one else does either, yourself included
Everyone needs to get over yourselves a bit,,life's to short for all this drama over nothing!!! Just don't let it bother ya guys,, we all have our opinions,,, and our own logical basis for our feelings, that's just human nature

you're all getting worse than a bunch of,,

testy,

old,,

nursing home,

blue haired ladies !!! :lol::lol:

GEZZZZZ!!!!!

#59 ·
IMHO, the problem is that when people answer your questions, you want to argue against those answers. I think that's why some get the impression that your trolling (just 'creating' subject matter with no intent of really wanting an answer). It's like you want a different answer than what you're getting instead of accepting what others have offered.
Don does any of that sound familiar to you to you ?? It should its from a Mod from a site you were eventually banned from! you were calling every one there stupid an arguing ab what not as well . Your doing the same shit here now . Have you ever once an stopped to consider your the problem an not every body else is ?

Just like your above post . Wow your member of the year you posted two treads asking for help on selecting guns an you feel that is going to erase all the crap you pull . You came here an immediately started attacking long term members! You immediately started pushing your against the grain politics . Your a troll whos majority of posts are argumentative an defamatory .

Im not the only one complaining or cant you read ?

I get have gotten plenty of emails from Gunco members an Non gunco members who know you an are sick of your shit .

Nobody drug you back in here you are here hooping you can again further argue more its what your do every were .

You want to single me out fine . Go back an read this thread . Was I the first to call you out? Nope. Hell I didnt even take the bait until you asked this question How did that post express a negative reaction?
What did I post that wasn't true? I just found it incredibly ironic that the very same people that are outraged over Phil being silenced would have booted me off this site and silenced me too.
I replied in attempt to answer just that in a as polite of manner as I could . Of course you want to take thatan use it as a jummpng of point to turn the entire thread into a shit storm.

The ironic thing here is many of you that are so deeply pissed off by this have tried repeatedly to silence me on here when I had a differing opinion. In reality it is exactly the same thing because you didn't like what I had to say.
You bring this on yourself an then you drag the site down with it . You personally tried to make this thread about you.

IS THERE ONE PERSON HERE WHO THINKS THE ABOVE IS THE SAME AS PHIL ROBERTSON'S SITUATION?

Why you have not been banned is a mystery to almost every one who I speak to. Your name comes up every time there is a discussion about why Gunco is going down the tube's . Your nothing but a troll who only wants to argue an push your liberal agendas with a sprinkling of gun talk, like you immediately tossed out in a pathetic attempt to some how make it look like you belong . Who cares you went an supposedly spoke about guns on some other site? Do you see any other members announcing here departure an return to this site ? Most if not all would be happy if you stayed gone.

It has become almost to point that a majority of the threads are about your BS in some way shape or form.

Have I been very vocal about this? YES ! I have a lot of time an work into the content of this site it kills me to have seen friends leave here because of the crap you like to stir up. I come here to relax an talk guns an some current events not argue with some troll that has done nothing but hurt this site.

I AM SERIOUSLY ASKING THE MODS TO READ ALL YOUR POSTS SINCE YOU HAVE BEEN HERE AN THEN BAN YOU PERMANENTLY.

#63 ·
Don does any of that sound familiar to you to you ?? It should its from a Mod from a site you were eventually banned from! you were calling every one there stupid an arguing ab what not as well . Your doing the same shit here now . Have you ever once an stopped to consider your the problem an not every body else is ?

Just like your above post . Wow your member of the year you posted two treads asking for help on selecting guns an you feel that is going to erase all the crap you pull . You came here an immediately started attacking long term members! You immediately started pushing your against the grain politics . Your a troll whos majority of posts are argumentative an defamatory .

Im not the only one complaining or cant you read ?

I get have gotten plenty of emails from Gunco members an Non gunco members who know you an are sick of your shit .

Nobody drug you back in here you are here hooping you can again further argue more its what your do every were .

You want to single me out fine . Go back an read this thread . Was I the first to call you out? Nope. Hell I didnt even take the bait until you asked this question How did that post express a negative reaction? I replied in attempt to answer just that in a as polite of manner as I could . Of course you want to take thatan use it as a jummpng of point to turn the entire thread into a shit storm.

You bring this on yourself an then you drag the site down with it . You personally tried to make this thread about you.

IS THERE ONE PERSON HERE WHO THINKS THE ABOVE IS THE SAME AS PHIL ROBERTSON'S SITUATION?

Why you have not been banned is a mystery to almost every one who I speak to. Your name comes up every time there is a discussion about why Gunco is going down the tube's . Your nothing but a troll who only wants to argue an push your liberal agendas with a sprinkling of gun talk, like you immediately tossed out in a pathetic attempt to some how make it look like you belong . Who cares you went an supposedly spoke about guns on some other site? Do you see any other members announcing here departure an return to this site ? Most if not all would be happy if you stayed gone.

It has become almost to point that a majority of the threads are about your BS in some way shape or form.

Have I been very vocal about this? YES ! I have a lot of time an work into the content of this site it kills me to have seen friends leave here because of the crap you like to stir up. I come here to relax an talk guns an some current events not argue with some troll that has done nothing but hurt this site.

I AM SERIOUSLY ASKING THE MODS TO READ ALL YOUR POSTS SINCE YOU HAVE BEEN HERE AN THEN BAN YOU PERMANENTLY.
And once again, I walked away. I went to discuss GUNS on 2 other topics I started. Yet you are still here crying and yelling at me. GROW UP. You always complain about no one posting about guns and here you are trying to start a fight with me. Sorry, I am not going to play. Now, how about you follow your own advice and talk about guns instead of trying to be the playground bully and picking fights.

I would love to stay and watch you rant and rave and try to pick yet another fight with me but I am going to go back and talk about guns.

#62 ·
Well the A&E was discussed on some of the morning shows an political shows today. The liberals are slowly taking the gasy side an A&E,s side . It was nice to see a few of the liberals question how A&E can still show a duck dynasty Marathon if there apposed to the peole in the show calling hem hypocritical . It sounded like to me like there pissed the show is on at all .

I heard Walmart an Craker barrel have pulled some DD items out of there stores .

The liberals on TV dont have a issue throwing derogitory slang around like red necks an hill people out there but calling some one a *** is offensive ?????? There quick to try to make the Robertson look like uneducated idiots an use slang an derogatory terms towrd how they live .

There starting to focuses now on the comments he made toward blacks to discredit him vs the religious beliefs he spoke of about gays . There trying there best to slowly spin the Robertons views in a negative light .

So how is it Ok to directly call Phil a ******* in a negative but its wrong to call a homosexual a *** ?

#64 ·
Wow! Agreeing that Phil Robertson's Right of Free Speech was infringed upon means I fucked up the thread.
Wow, is that all you think about is yourself? Show me where I pointed you out, you can't. And of course you'll reply to this and show how I'm in the wrong

#65 ·
Nope, if it wasn't me you were referring to I apologize. Just seemed like it was directed at me since it was right after my post.

Again, if you weren't referring to me I am sorry that I assumed you were. Apparently, I have enough enemies here and would prefer not to add you to the list.

Have a Merry Christmas!

#70 ·
Tell you big brother, your mother , your teacher , the big kid on the corner tell the cops, run to your union rep write the ACLU or maybe the spelling police association for all I care. Your a whinny troll . You asked questions as to why your treated the way you are an you got answers an typically you want to argue as always .

You get treated they way you do by me because in one of your first posts ever you attacked me. Your get treated like you deserve .

I have not harassed you I have answered your questions. You invited every one to this party Pal. Sorry you don't like the truth .

so go a head an cry to who ever will listen
If Gunco chooses to ban me fine . There has not been much going on here as Trolls an BS have ran off all the old members an any new ones who come here dont want any part of this BS .

However Gunco if you feel I need to go please show me some respect for the work an help I have put in here an delete all of my 12,000+ posts an threads if your going to ban me. I dont wish to be associated with the site if I cant be allowed to edit or continue on my existing posts. That all I ask.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.