Gunco Forums banner

DuckDynasty

9K views 90 replies 21 participants last post by  4thIDvet 
#1 ·
Phil Robertson was fired from the A&E show Duck Dynasty.
You'll never guess why.
Hunter

#3 ·
Fired because he pointed out that two of a kind ain't the same as a pair. I guess A&E is upset because he doesn't condone cock gobbling. I seriously doubt that many normal people condone the practice either. I suspect in a year or two we will see Duck Dynasty on FOX or some other network with huge ratings and viewers drawn away from the pervert networks like A&E.

http://tv.yahoo.com/blogs/tv-news/-...anti-gay-remarks-spark-outrage-134231650.html

#4 ·
WELL IF YOUR NOT POLITICALLY CORRECT THEN YOUR NOT GOING TO BE ON TV . HE EITHER DONT LIKE GAYS , MUSLEMS , OBAMA OR LIBERALS .

I NOTICED THERE WERE DD SHIRTS ON CLOSE OUT FOR $4 AT FARM AN FLEET YESTERDAY . ID DONT GO FOR ALL THAT AS SEEN ON TV HUNTING CRAP BUT I MIGHT HAVE TO GO BACK AN SEE IF HIS SHIRTS ARE STILL THERE .

#5 ·
Actually, he was placed on indefinite hiatus due to what A&E regarded as inappropriate comments in a magazine interview. In my opinion the show will flounder without him, IF, and to me it is a big if, the family decides to continue the show without him.

Frankly, I have begun to wonder whether free speech exists anymore in this country. The fact is the right for free speech was specifically written to allow for unpopular viewpoints otherwise what is the point of free speech in the first place? To me it is irrelevant whether you agree or not with what is being said it is about freedom to express yourself and that my friends is dieing a rapid ugly death.

#7 ·
yeap we all got free speach the problem is the media controls a large part or what the world hears an how its perceived .

If A&E dosent want the opinions of a White Christian then don't do a show on a family of them .

The media an shove gay rights down our throat's all they want is still doesn't meant at average Joe Blow is going to respect a guy who junk smell like some other guys butt.

People have ever right to be gay if they want but that dosent mean I have to respect you or agree with your life style or embrace your ideals .

It seems to me that the medai an holly wood are trying to push the gay agenda way to much .

ITS HARD TO HAVE A REALITY SHOW IF YOU DON'T WANT WHAT THE REALITY OF THE PEOPLE ON IT . I SURE IF ONE OF THE STARS OF THE SHOW SUDDENLY CAME OUT OF THE CLOSET THEY WOULD BE MORE THAN HAPPY TO SHOW HIM SNUGGLED UP TO HIS PARTNER IN A BLIND SOME WERE BLASTING DUCKS AN SHARING A SLEEPING BAG BECAUSE THAT IS SOME HOW NOW POLITICALLY CORRECT BUT ITS WRONG TO SHOW WHAT PEOPLE ACTUALY THINK ? IF YOU DONT LIKE THERE VALUES DON'T WATCH THE SHOW .

#10 ·
I would be surprised if the family decided to continue doing the show without him. A&E ratings would get hammered if they said "If he goes, we go."

#11 ·
Yeah, the ********* are a bit "Unhappy, Unhappy, Unhappy"

I just recently got Blaze TV on my DISH subscription. I hope Glenn Beck picks them up and maybe licenses them out to The Outdoor Channel and The Family Channel. Let A&E rot on the vine. The rest of the Robertson Family should just walk and find another network and I think Blaze would be a perfect fit for both. Heck, maybe even FOX could pick them up (if they had the guts to do it).

On a side note - I think that Blaze had a series about some "off grid" prepper family but haven't seen it on Blaze yet.

#12 ·
Hollyweired did not like, but could live with the fact they did not swear, had strong religious beliefs, and liked guns.
A self made look into a good American family and the way things used to be..
Butt you crossed the line their old Phil with your **** remarks.. **** Hollweird could not let that one go.
F#%K commie **** Hollyweird.. They should have never let the scum commies in their front gate.. Good Man Phil, you told it like it is.. Your ratings just went up in what is left of the few good Americans out there.
I really should not say few. It is one of the highest rated shows on T.V... Friggen homos, f$#K yall..

#13 ·
Well myself I couldn't be any more in support of Phils views, many things I've heard him say I very much agree with. And to be honest, I may be even more conservative in some respects. I don't normally follow the show but have seen some episodes and to me they just seem like a decent, close knit, Christian, family to me, and he and his whole family are very much like the people I socialize with regularly. Sense when is a family with good Christian/moral values a determent to society???? WTF??

What has happened to people nowadays?

I'm going to get a shirt with him on it,,,,,

JUST TO PISS OFF THE LIBERAL ****!!!!!

Take That,,,,assholes!! :geezer: Got To Love It !!:bleh:

The boys at Clam Corp. ,,,don't call me Uncle Si for nothing ya know !!! And it's honestly earned,,,and if you guys hadn't noticed ,,in the past I've been known to spout off from time to time about stuff I feel strongly about too !!! :lol::lol:

#14 ·
You have free speech, as long as it's in lock step with the Liberals, Govenment, and the Gaystapo. If you speak out against them, then they want to take away your first amendment rights. F*ck 'em!!!!!!! You go Phil !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love the fact that they are a conservative Christian family, who has a moral to each episode, and prays before a meal. A&E will back off I think when they realize that they're going to kill the goose that laid the golden egg.

#16 ·
The foirst half of this next season is already in the can. So A&E is probably hoping viewers have short memories and don't notice Phil is MIA. The family could just say "we are outta here" and maybe end up on a more family friendly channel.

#20 ·
I would not have silenced Phil because I believe in free speech whether I agree with the viewpoint being expressed or not. Open debate and discussion are what freedom of speech is all about.

The ironic thing here is many of you that are so deeply pissed off by this have tried repeatedly to silence me on here when I had a differing opinion. In reality it is exactly the same thing because you didn't like what I had to say.

#28 ·
People can only "try" to silence you. Trying and doing are two different things.. Your still posting so they did not achieve their goals..
Difference here is they "silenced" Phil for his believes, not tried, but "succeeded" by booting him off the show... Whoops big mistake. Silent majority is finally speaking.. Likes on Facebook are rumored to be well over the million mark and growing, in Phils favor..
I do not do Facebook so just going by what I am reading... Your posts are fine in my .02. That is the fun of posting. Post your thoughts, people do not like what you day, long as it is not personal attack, who cares what they reply, that is their right to disagree.
People are not so much tired of homosexuality. I think this Duck Dynasty thing is the straw that is breaking the camels back.. People are sick and tired of it being thrown in their faces.
Would be like I went out everyday and bragged about the great sex I had with my girlfriend. Who the f$$%K cares, that is more information than people need to know.
They want to slam bang each other in places things do not belong, good for them, have fun. Just do not come out and tell me about it when your done..
ADD: Yes pretty much what twa said.. Friggen A yeah..

#22 ·
Glenn Beck Makes a Very Exciting Offer to the Cast of ‘Duck Dynasty’

“Duck Dynasty on TheBlaze” has a nice ring to it, according to Glenn Beck.

One day after Phil Robertson’s comments about homosexuality earned him an indefinite suspension from the hit series “Duck Dynasty” on A&E, Beck offered the entire Robertson family a place on his own network.

“[All the other networks] will fold to pressure,” he said. “They will all fold to sponsors. They will all fold to money because they are all in over their eyeballs are debt … the only reason why Phil was put on hiatus and not the rest is because it is a money-printing machine.”

Beck said as he sees it, the Robertson family has a choice to make.

“If I am in the Robertson family, I sit down with my family and say, ‘Is this the way we’re going to [let] him be treated? Is this who we are? Are we going to [be] quiet because he has an opinion about the scriptures?’”

In this May 9, 2012 photo, from left, Willie Robertson, Korie Robertson, Phil Robertson, Miss Kay Robertson and Si Robertson pose at the A&E Networks 2012 Upfront at Lincoln Center in New York. (AP)

Beck said that based on what he knows about the family, they’re not going to continue as though nothing happened. He went so far as to suggest that the entire family call GQ Magazine, where Robertson’s comments appeared, and tell them nothing but, “I agree with Phil.”

“You will either be out, or you will be the most powerful people the country has ever seen on television,” Beck said. “You already have all of the juice you’re ever gonna get … And if you take a stand and they fire you … we’ll be on the phone.”

“We would be proud to have you,” he added.

Beck concluded: “May I suggest: Make your stand. You will never have a better chance. And quite honestly, you’re our best shot as people. If we don’t get people to wake up to the fact that this is fascism, that we are not allowed to have another opinion … they’re never going to wake up. And you’re our best shot.”

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013...-duck-dynasty/

Black Blade: A good fit imo.

#24 ·
I can not believe one errant comment about his belief systems caused such an uproar, he just quoted the bible, they are all devout Christians and have right to their beliefs. Such a load of bull

#25 ·
Not I,,, Fyred Up, you and I have had many discussion and though I may not have agreed with everything you may support or bring up, I have always considered your views and weighed them against my own beliefs and views. As I do with any other topic or person.

Not once have I ever put you down for your views, or anyone else, other than Tinz perhaps. We are all entitled to our opinions and to voice them and that's one of the things that,,,, used to,,,,, make this country great. And a Constitutional right. This is why people are so outspoken on this. When companies,,or anyone try to control free speech and support what many consider to be a sin, there will be ones that will speak up, myself included.

I try to live by the Lords laws,,not mans and IMO many of the laws would not be necessary if we all did the same. But then,, that's just me.

#29 ·
Yea I really hope the cast doesn't start apologizing for there beliefs an cave in .

very true they will never be in a better position to take a stand .

What the media needs to realize is there is a lot more devote Christians than there are homosexuals an there are a lot of not so devote Christians an Other religions who also don't feel that the gay agenda is right . the problem is there not marching in parades an supported by the media , TV an Movies industry that has a large GAY element .

I dont care if some one is gay its your right . I dont have to respect you how ever an i dont have to pertend I do .

Its almost like if you a devout Christian an follow your religious belieafs as the bible states then your are not politcay correct an you are a enemy of the gay community thats supported by the media .

Im not saying the Christians have all the answers an there right about every thing but they have there right to say an believe what they do .

#34 ·
Friggen A. Well said biggun..
I have some **** Bros hang down at the local Red Neck smash your face in Friday night bar. I have to go there and have them join so they can state the **** side of this.
One other couple was going to have a gay wedding we were all looking forward to attending, but one **** ran off with a younger guy. So much for that.
Here is Latishiea. See if I can get him er her to join the sight.. Be nice she er he has feelings..

Attachments

#30 ·
I think the "in your face" type stuff is what is pissing off a lot of folks. Want to be gay? Good for you, now exactly how does that effect me or me being straight effect you? It doesn't. Come'on, what do gays have to do with duck calls or Barilla spaghetti noodles for that matter? It's like they have nothing better to do than to go stir up controversy where ever there was none just to get some attention.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.