Thread: The City Of Los Angeles Will Melt A StG 44 Worth $40k

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Default The City Of Los Angeles Will Melt A StG 44 Worth $40k

The City Of Los Angeles Will Melt A StG 44 Worth $40k

The stupidity of California never ceases to amaze me... Gun buy backs have been all the rage lately as they make for great press opportunities and have the illusion of a community out reach program. Gun buy backs reward the sheeple who drop off their weapons in the form of a Ralphs (local grocery store chain) or Visa gift card that is worth $100 to $200. If the city were to provide some means to sell these arms back to the public, perhaps at an auction, there would be millions of dollars generated for the city.

Most of the firearms turned in at these buy backs are usually beat up AKs, an old SKS or two, a sprinkling of Tec 9's, and some old revolvers. This buy back netted a handsome StG 44 developed by the Germans near the end of WWII. I'll save you the history lesson, but these rifles are not only kinda rare, they were also the jumping off point for many of the designs of modern defensive rifles (or what the media would call assault rifles). Charlie Beck proudly poses with the rifle as he stumbles over his words, seen in the video above. Lol, I laughed when Beck was damn near shoving the barrel of the StG in the face of the dude on the right! Great gun safety tips chief!

So what will happen to this historical treasure? Well, I'm sure it had some amazing story of how it came to the U.S. and where it has been all these years, but it will be melted down into rebar just like all the weapons netted at these buy backs. Some estimates would show that this rifle is worth upwards of $40k, and while selling this one might be tricky (I doubt there is any Class III paperwork that goes with it), it could still be donated to a museum or sold in parts. It makes me sad that this relic will just be used for rebar, and it is heart breaking to know that the city is literally burning money.

http://www.mynameisfoxtrot.com/journ...worth-40k.html

Black Blade: What a shame. At least they should give it to a museum. Bummer.
    When you're born you get a ticket to the freak show. When you're born in America , you get a front row seat. - George Carlin

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

with no paper work the guns is worth what ever its parts are worth. It sure the heel is not worth $40,000
    that like saying if I built a bunch of illeagel FA AKs they would be worth $30,000 or what ever a legaly traferable one is worth these days . What they would be worth is 10 years in jail or about $350 in parts .

iT WOULD BE COOL TO SEE IT GO TO A MUSEUM BUT ITS NOT WORTH MUCH OTHER WISE . THE OWNER SHOULD BE GLAD HE WAS NOT CAUGHT WITH IT PRIOR TO A BUY BACK .

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Back in the day if you got the proper officer to sign the capture papers it was perfectly legal to bring one of these home. While it is possible it was a an unathorized war trophy some GI mailed back home or stuffed in his duffle, it is also possible it was a legitimate war trophy and could be legally sold for big bucks. Either way a piece of history is going to be destroyed.

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

Either way a piece of history is going to be destroyed
    It will end up in a cops safe
    "Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem" Ronald Reagan

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

ever notice how some cops have nice colt an other 1911 pistol parts an slided on some cheap replacement frame l ????? FUNNY HOW THAT WORKS .

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

To be expected from Commiefornia.

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.