Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Magpul Moves to Cheyenne, Wyoming - gun magazine producer to leave Colo

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Coils View Post
    Got that right, mainly since an ounce of weed is selling for over $400

Oh and it's great to hear Magpul is standing behind what they said they'd do.
    Are you kidding? I was class of 1971. I remember kids selling that stuff @$15 and $20 a ounce back then.
    SOON-We already lost the war. You are the resistance.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

I remember when it was $10 for a five-finger lid (coffee can lid). That was late 60s to early 70s. I can't hardly believe that inflation is that much since then though. I suppose that now it's legal to grow in some places that the Black Market price will come down as every retiree in Colorado and Washington will be supplementing their Social Security with this new source of income.Will give the "dispenseries" competition lowering prices overall.
    When you're born you get a ticket to the freak show. When you're born in America , you get a front row seat. - George Carlin

Feedback Score

im glad that they are moving out of the state and now it will make them think, Oh, WE fk'd up

why because all of those people that will be out of work and taking in unemployment ....

i hope that other manufacturers and so called retails will do the same.

this has to set an example to the rest of them, telling them, if you pass this law/ regulation, WE are moving else where at where they want work and they support US ..

jrs
    Feedback Score

I seem to remember back in the 70's or there about the government creating a "tax stamp" you had to purchase to legally own/have/grow pot. Since you couldn't get the tax stamp, it was illegal to be in possession. I'm thinking this was the dangerous drugs etc act?????? anyone???

So is the federal gov finally issuing tax stamps?

EDIT: that law was over turned. Now it's Controlled Substances Act of 1970
    jrs
    --
    "A great civilization is not conquered from without until it has destroyed itself from within.", Will Durant

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.", Edmund Burke

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

Are you kidding? I was class of 1971. I remember kids selling that stuff @$15 and $20 a ounce back then.
    Not kidding, heard it on the news and read and article that said the same thing.
    It was even more a couple days after the law went into effect, supply & demand, a lot of shops sold out in two or three days and other places started raising the price already.
    Bunch of idiots paying that much for a plant

I seem to remember back in the 70's or there about the government creating a "tax stamp" you had to purchase to legally own/have/grow pot. Since you couldn't get the tax stamp, it was illegal to be in possession.
    I think that tax stamp was around before WWII, you could get the stamp but it was illegal to be in possession of pot even if you had the stamp, so the two laws cancelled each other out. Government at it's finest
    "Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem" Ronald Reagan

Feedback Score

AS I recall about that tax stamp. If you sold or possed pot even though it was illegal, you had to have a tax stamp, also. otherwise the state busted you for the drug and the feds busted you for no stamp. Good way to get more revenue. I never did hear what happened to that law.

Feedback Score

If you want to go that route stick a couple seeds in the ground. Smoke what comes up. Just don't support the cartels.not my cup of tea tho.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.