Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Time to batten down the hatches

jrs
    Feedback Score

It's a frigid 60 degrees right now. I see people running around in parkas.
    jrs
    --
    "A great civilization is not conquered from without until it has destroyed itself from within.", Will Durant

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.", Edmund Burke

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

There is about a 30 MPH wind an was like -19 last night In southern WI we had snow over new years. bad drifting to day on the ride home

A couple of days ago antfreese froze in my pickup an I was sitting along side the road with a over heated engin an no heat in the truck. I had a pretty heated discussion yesterday with Valvoline who did a radiator flush this fall Aparently they dont like it when yo drive the truck in trough the exit door an park it side ways in a stall an ask/ demand to see a manager .

one of my biggest fears here is a bad ice storm or loss of power in these conditions . That an Zombies

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Were you giving him crap in capital letters 1biggun!!

Make's me think I'd better double check mine again just for shits. There calling for as low as -30, -35 tonight in some places around here ,, no wind though, so that will help some. Not bad right now but dropping fast,dropped 12-13 degrees in about 2 hours.

I did get my limit of crappie though,,they WERE ON!! YES!!! That will put about 15 lbs of fillets in the freezer,,OK 12 then,,we'll eat 3 tonight probibley!!

Keep them fires burning folks and stay warm.

And for you Southern boys,,when was the last time you saw this?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Time to batten down the hatches-032.jpg  

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

We fared well here as far as snow fall, got 5-7", but shortly after it stopped the temps drops from the upper 20's to about 10, the wind chill is making it feel like low single digits to just under -0.
    "Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem" Ronald Reagan

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

Were you giving him crap in capital letters 1biggun!!
    I about took my hydrometer an shoved it were the sun didn't shine on him. . Guy wanted to start arguing asking if id added to it an crap. I was in no mood . took me three start ups a heat ups to get the the radiator to thaw enough to drive it home . I had to put it inside my buddys shop to get the new heater core I jsut had installed prior to doing a radiator flush thawed . ( reason for the flush)

I think they drained the radiator never flushed anything an never got the coolant out of the block or any were else then added there pre mix .

normally I do all this my self .

Yea guy's check your coolant protection . I got damn cold along side the road

Feedback Score

1biggun you got zombies? Can I come help?

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)

Well, I lucked out last night, only got about a foot. Places only 20-30 miles away from me got over two feet.
    Cold as a witches tit though. Temp just under 0 and winds in the 30's. Around -26 windchill according to the MILF on channel 5.
    Tim, That 50 degrees would feel pretty good right about now, Hell that's T-shirt weather.

Feedback Score

Yea, down here at latitude 26* we've got snow all over the place. Every time we turn on the TV it's staring us in the face.
    Hunter

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

There's another front coming through the mid west states of Illinois, Minnesota and Wisconsin Sunday & Monday. Temps are got to be from minus teens to minus 20s, with wind chills of -50 to -60
    Snow is to start sometime Sunday in the mid west, and can get as far south as Tennessee & Alabama.

Here's the story if you want to check it out
    http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2014...ing-temps?lite
    "Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem" Ronald Reagan

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)

Buncha wimps Here in *South* Dakota it's gonna be -20 the next couple of days. We don't do wind-chill, that's for sissies lol. Glad I'm not in North Dakota, Minnesota or Wisconsin!
    I have a daughter. I tell her, "911 is what you dial after you're raped. 1911 is what you should have before they try."

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.