Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Time to batten down the hatches

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

-2 now I got woodstove duty tonite.hope people take care of their pipes and pets.a lot of yuppies live on this mountain now.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

-5 in va now. Been awhile. More wood in the stove!

Feedback Score

The wife and I are getting ready for work, temp is -7, wind chill is -34!
    “The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles.”

― Jeff Cooper

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

I know what you mean TWA, remember we had 6+ inches of snow the other day with temps in the upper teens, it warmed up into the low 50s for a day and it's almost gone now, only the piled up stuff is left.
    Over night it dropped down to -2, have no idea what the wind chill was, radio was saying it was suppose to be -25.
    This sunday it's going to be in the low to mid 50s again.

Listening to the news and they showed 7 in Atlanta GA
    "Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem" Ronald Reagan

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)

It is a chilly 37 degrees this AM on the west coast of Florida
    Nemo ME Impune Lacessit
    Manus sapiens potens est
    пиштоли не убиваат луѓе, тие само го прават тоа полесно

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

It was 9 deg when I got up at 6 am. That's cold for here. Pipes froze at work, didn't know that until I finished my morning constitutional and couldn't flush. Put a HAZMAT sign up on the restroom door. Couldn't find a "SHITTERS FULL" sign.
    "NA BEAN DON CHAT GUN LAMHAINN"
    Clan MacPherson
    "CREAG DHUBH"!

Feedback Score
    42 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by mtdew View Post
    It was 9 deg when I got up at 6 am. That's cold for here. Pipes froze at work, didn't know that until I finished my morning constitutional and couldn't flush. Put a HAZMAT sign up on the restroom door. Couldn't find a "SHITTERS FULL" sign.
    That gave me a chuckle, so these pics are for you,

"To show you how radical I am, I want carjackers dead. I want rapists dead. I want burglars dead. I want child molesters dead. I want the bad guys dead. No court case. No parole. No early release. I want 'em dead. Get a gun and when they attack you, shoot 'em."
    Ted Nugent - speaking at the NRA convention April 17, 2005

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Thanks sniper. One of my favorite movies.
    "NA BEAN DON CHAT GUN LAMHAINN"
    Clan MacPherson
    "CREAG DHUBH"!

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Coils,, looks like we're both getting the same exact fronts coming through, our weather and conditions have been identical. Maybe somewhat colder by a few degrees, but not much diffrence.

To me cold weather is really no big deal, I've lived in the NE for over 60 years, so it's just like any other day to me,,I just dress accordingly for ,,,,Whatever happens !!

Do you guys get the muggy stuff in the summer in PA too,,we sure do being so close to Champlain. Sometimes it gets so muggy in the summer you just can't shed enough duds to stay cool,,,,no matter what you do. Almost as bad as the Fayeteville NC area where I lived for 7 years. It was pretty bad there too.

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

I know what you mean about the cold weather twa, I don't mind it until it get's windy
    It actually felt decent Wednesday night, it was in the lower 20s and no wind, a hell of a lot better then Monday night.

Yeah it gets muggy or humid here too during the summer, but it varies from year to year, sometimes the summer starts out like that and other times it later in the summer. But this is a good example of climate change over the years, I remember most of the 80s it would always be humid in August, then it slowly started getting earlier in the year in the late 80s early 90s, now it varies through the summer.
    "Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem" Ronald Reagan

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.