Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Time to batten down the hatches

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)

Default Time to batten down the hatches

Blizzard of 2014 is here. Yup, a good old fashioned Nor'easter has descended upon ol' 7.62
    It's been coming down an inch plus per hour since this afternoon and the main part of the storm is not even here yet. Supposed to last until tomorrow afternoon/early evening. They're calling for around 18"

But it's comforting to know that whatever happens, I'm fully prepared.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

If the power drops there it will be nothing for you to handle.

We lost power here in Houston last week for 5 hours.

PARTY TIME!!!

Got rip roaring drunk and did not use a drop our own booze!

:-)
    M U S I B I K E

Feedback Score

Would all you basterds keep this cold air where it belongs? Damn, it's going to get all the way down to 59* here tonight.
    Hunter
    I was going to put a smiley face in here but I couldn't find one with earmuffs or a snow shovel.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

http://www.wunderground.com/US/FL/Daytona_Beach.html

50.2 degrees here in the swamps Chief. Governor is possibly declaring a "State of Emergency." Floridians die at those temperatures.
    Breaking up the last of the living room furniture now to keep the fire going.. More news to follow, this is not good.

Winter Storm Hercules State-By-State Impacts: 2014's First Big Storm Bears Down on Northeast
    Even though the heart of Hercules is forecast to plow into New England overnight, impressive snowfall reports were already coming out of Massachusetts. The National Weather Service said 21 inches of snow had fallen in Boxford, just north of Boston, by Thursday night, while other parts of the state had 17 or 18 inches
    http://www.wunderground.com/news/win...pacts-20140101
    "Man needs but two things to survive alone in the woods. A blow up female doll and his trusty old AK-47" - Thomas Jefferson 1781

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

I think the mercury dropped to 65 degrees last night here in the west coast of Florida, come on down all you arctic dwellers, Florida welcomes you!
    Nemo ME Impune Lacessit
    Manus sapiens potens est
    пиштоли не убиваат луѓе, тие само го прават тоа полесно

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

so much for 'global warming" -- i hope the woodpile holds out!

Feedback Score
    41 (100%)

We got more than 6 inches of snow here. For those who got more - stay safe (and warm).
    "To show you how radical I am, I want carjackers dead. I want rapists dead. I want burglars dead. I want child molesters dead. I want the bad guys dead. No court case. No parole. No early release. I want 'em dead. Get a gun and when they attack you, shoot 'em."
    Ted Nugent - speaking at the NRA convention April 17, 2005

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

No Genny but I have Coleman for cooking and light if we lose power.
    SOON-We already lost the war. You are the resistance.

Feedback Score

I only got about 6 or 7" of snow. There is some baase down there, so going to see if there is enough for the snowmobile tonight. Calling for maybe 4-8" more Saturday night. Bring it on, I want 4' of snow. I was looking at a history book of our town, and they had a storm in the early 1900, of 37". I want to beat that record. I need a couple snow days.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

We've got a nice balmy -1 right now, 18 mph winds making it only -22 to -24 degrees or so,,,it warmed up nicely today,,,way up from -18 this morning and 25 mph winds,,,,but 74 in the house with the sun streaming in the bay windows, the puppies all snuggled up to me, wood stove nice and warm and inviting,,with well over >2 cords left, plenty to last,,,,drives and all the walks cleared of 4' drifts ,cars all started fine and I'm just kicking back with a nice cold one,,relaxing, works done. Life is good!!!!

Going fishing in a short while for 2-3 hours with a bud,,the crappies are on 5 miles away,,just got the report, hook up the trailer, load the wheeler and off we go,,OPPS,,,,he's here,,,,,later boys,,

GONE FISHING,,,,,

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.