Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: my mom signed the 4473 forms for my first 45...

Feedback Score

Talking my mom signed the 4473 forms for my first 45...

When I was 17.when I was in my 30's with young sons in tow waiting to go into a restaurant the oldest said if there's a bad guy dad you'll shoot him want you ? Said I didn't have a gun.he said yeah you do saw you put it on when we left the house. Ccw in Virginia came out the next year.

Feedback Score

I hope your boys have since learned how and WHEN to talk. A young one telling you to 'shoot the bad guy' is a good way to get dead.
    I had this discussion with my two guys two years ago (age 8&10 at the time) and the big one says, 'Grandpa, we know when to shut-up. We'll just get out of your way.'
    Hunter

Feedback Score

Oh yeah Hunter! We had that talk as soon as we got out the restaurant. Their now 26 and 30 and two of the best guys you would ever want to meet. Oldest is a hunter .both active in church. Youngest going for his master's degree in north Carolina. Dam'n proud of them both.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

So you were able to get a hand gun a 17??? An you were carrying concealed before it was legal In your state ?

Yea your kids saying you got a gun that your packing illeagly i could get you in all kinds of trouble .

Good to hear your Boys have grown into good men you should be proud .

Feedback Score

Virginia law did not prohibit possession at 17.federal law prohibited acquisition on form 4473 before age 21.still does don't it?

Feedback Score

My dad bought me a 410 single barrel when I was 12.Oh crap send all us red necks to hell!
    Last edited by stalker1; 01-30-2014 at 08:48 PM. Reason: cause

Feedback Score

Did I say illegally? Kids are short. They just know me.no alcohol establishment.and thank you I am very proud of my sons. Glad to be able to be able to ccw since the 90's. Hope you're not implying anything. I don't think you are.

Feedback Score

My dad bought me a co2 .22 pellet rifle when I was 8, a .410 shotgun when I was 9, and a Winchester Model 94 when I was 10. At age 13 I was wandering around the woods with some form of long gun in hand, a black powder derringer in a pocket, and a repro 1858 Remington .44 on my belt. And I've carried one or more guns almost every day of my life since then.

Feedback Score

I was reading jeff cooper and Elmer Keith by 15 when I got my ruger single six so a 45 at 17 was normal. Skeeterskelton another great one.bought my oldest son a bicentennial single six when he was six months old. Didn't give it to him till he had the maturity for it. We did his first 45 in his early twenties. Youngest son got my s&w model 25-2 45acp with a4 inch barrel at 19.i only got a 99.95 Argentine 45 at 17! Legal gifts in Virginia.

Feedback Score

And I was taught if got your pants on your pistol is on.not john Wayne but when you got bears and coyote s it helps.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.