Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Lower 3rd

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Default Lower 3rd

I'm sure it's been asked before, but I need help with this issue. I'm revamping my AR platform and already have the Larue LT110 for my eotech. What are good options for buIs or battle sights(front and rear). Again, I'm
    not very versed in this and don't wanna go spending an arm and a leg on something that won't give me what I want. I have a flat top AR carbine with a low pro gas block. I currently only have the eotech as my optic Suggestions/advice.?
    thanks,
    JJ

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

i got a deal a few years ago on some plastic magpull BUIS -- so far they have worked well enough.

plastic though-- do mount them on anything hot like a gas block.

if i was going to buy some BUIS stuff today i would look into some of the sights that PSA sells --there not any higher than the mag pulls and are aluminum.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by j427x View Post
    i got a deal a few years ago on some plastic magpull BUIS -- so far they have worked well enough.

plastic though-- do mount them on anything hot like a gas block.

if i was going to buy some BUIS stuff today i would look into some of the sights that PSA sells --there not any higher than the mag pulls and are aluminum.
    Thanks, def gonna check it out...in the event that I chose to entirely cover the gas block with a free floater, I'd entertain the magpul but would prefer the aluminum stuff anyhow. Liking the Troy and larue stuff, not liking their MSRP however

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

They do seem pretty high priced for what they are. While I do have some higher priced brands, One of my AR's is wearing a set of low cost UTG brand that have given very good service. They are the flip up style, and they offer 2 different height front sights, one for gas block mount and one for railed forearm mount. I bought the wrong height front and had to exchange it. Very good prices on Amazon.
    "NA BEAN DON CHAT GUN LAMHAINN"
    Clan MacPherson
    "CREAG DHUBH"!

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by mtdew View Post
    They do seem pretty high priced for what they are. While I do have some higher priced brands, One of my AR's is wearing a set of low cost UTG brand that have given very good service. They are the flip up style, and they offer 2 different height front sights, one for gas block mount and one for railed forearm mount. I bought the wrong height front and had to exchange it. Very good prices on Amazon.
    Cool! What about the height thingy should I be concerned with? I would like to set this up for lower 3rd witnessing (if I got that right)? Since I already have the larue lt110 qd mount, what specifically should I be looking for . All things being equal and let's assume that I have a flat top system on the rifle...

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Magpul is making a new version of their MBUS that are made of steel. They are listed as MBUS Pro and I recently picked up a front one for my latest build. It doesn't have the snap up/down function that the Gen 1 and 2 MBUS did but it seems to stay put solid enough for that not to be a concern. In the pics they looked to be about the same size as the plastic sights but when I got the steel Pro version, it seems to be about 20% smaller overall vs the plastic ones. They're a bit pricey as I paid $70 for the front only at Brownells with my gunsmith discount. The rear Pro sight costs a bit more than the front ($86) but it is out of stock so I haven't been able to get one yet to check it out in person. Overall I like it so far.
    http://www.brownells.com/rifle-parts...ake_3=AR-15/M4

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Just found the Magpul rear MBUS Pro on Amazon for $72. It's been ordered and should be on the way soon. Once it gets here I'll be able to give a review of both the front and rear MBUS Pro flip up sights if anyone is interested.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Regardless of what I choose, I'm unsure of what height?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Does your low-pro gas block have a rail on top and if so, is it the same height as the rail on the upper? That will probably make the biggest difference in which sight sets you'll need to choose from.

Sights are usually sold for two different height setups. The same height setups are for guns with the upper receiver rail and forward hand guard top rail sitting at the same height. On gas block height sets, the rail on top of your gas block is slightly lower than the upper receiver rail or hand guard top rail.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by GoMopar440 View Post
    Does your low-pro gas block have a rail on top and if so, is it the same height as the rail on the upper? That will probably make the biggest difference in which sight sets you'll need to choose from.

Sights are usually sold for two different height setups. The same height setups are for guns with the upper receiver rail and forward hand guard top rail sitting at the same height. On gas block height sets, the rail on top of your gas block is slightly lower than the upper receiver rail or hand guard top rail.
    Thanks man! This is the meat and potatoes right here! Right now it's a TRO flat top style. I've done nothing with sights or even the rail other than order it. So, everything should be on the same level (BUIS anyhow)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.