Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Thread: Best American idea I have seen in ages

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

I have a speedway 27 T kit an also several other bodies . Yea any snmakll block will make it haul ass even if its stock .

Id lke to do more of a sports car version of the the 27 t were it handles at least decent stops well an gets good millage so you can afford to go places in it . I dont need a another 7 MPG hot rod that I cant afford to go anywhere in.

I knew a guy who built a beautiful 27 track to with a 2000 or 2300CC pinto engine back in the 80,s an ith ad twin carbs an a lot of spped parts an he still got 25 MPg an it was pretty heavy as it had a frame an suspension that would have handled a V8, In thinking a tube chassis with a light suspension parts an rear an a gas millage motor like in Honda or Toyota with all the electronic injection would get 40 MPG pretty easily as the cars those engines come out of get about that now an are much heavier . the Honda motors spin back wards so there hard to use in a RWD set up unless you get the running gear out of that two seat sports car they make an that's big $$$$ there are lots of 1600CC engines out there that will make 100 to 140 HP no sweat .

If you really wanted to go for good gass millage use the same geo metro engine In the three wheeler in a track T . the metro engine is just a Suzuki samurai engine with one cylinder missing I think the Sammy transmission will bolt up. I had a geo metro convertible briefly ( auction car ) it got around 38 MPg or so an went down the road pretty well . Im sure a class or better yet carbon fiber body track T with a sube frame or alumium channel frame an some sprint car suspension parts an other light weight stuff would get close to 50 MPG .

Id really like a earlier VW turbo diesl motor for my samuari they get 40MPOG in those an there a easy swap . how about a turbo diesel tbucket roadster pick up that gets 50 MPG an does 90 MPH or more ? An has enough torque to tow a small trailer ?????????

I also have most of a 31 moel A pick up tha cap is painted ready to go for a street rod. it ewas getting a big block or early 331 Hemi but I have been thinking more an more about a V6 or a bigger 4 cylinder so I can afford to drive it a lot .

140 HP will actual make a T or Model A go pretty good if you keep it light .

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

Looks like this might make it to production, saying it should be coming out next year.

Three-Wheeled Cars Headed to a Highway Near You - NBC News
    "Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem" Ronald Reagan

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

back in the 80s honda had a car that got 54MPG--

i wonder what happened to that guy at tec who built a car that got 85mpg and could have done 120-140mpg with that 50 T/E engine design???

obongo and the clown company are pushing battery operated cars that don't work that barely get 40mpg when they do--

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by Coils View Post
    Looks like this might make it to production, saying it should be coming out next year.

Three-Wheeled Cars Headed to a Highway Near You - NBC News
    About bleeding time !
    Last edited by stalker1; Today at 01:15 AM. Reason: had to piss

Feedback Score
    42 (100%)

Gm had a concept car that they were thinking of producing that got 100 mpg and a top speed of 135 mph. All of that back in 1992. It was called the GM ultralight.

Gas 2 | Bridging the gap between green heads and gear heads.

General Motors Ultralite - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    and some gm history of the ultralight at How Many Ultralite Concept Vehicles Were There - Generations of GM
    "To show you how radical I am, I want carjackers dead. I want rapists dead. I want burglars dead. I want child molesters dead. I want the bad guys dead. No court case. No parole. No early release. I want 'em dead. Get a gun and when they attack you, shoot 'em."
    Ted Nugent - speaking at the NRA convention April 17, 2005

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

I know what you mean about the mpg, my first car was a '70 VW and in stock form (and I drove it normal) it got around 30 mpg. I just don't see why the computer controlled cars today can't get better mpg then they do.
    "Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem" Ronald Reagan

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.