Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Best American idea I have seen in ages

Feedback Score

Default Best American idea I have seen in ages

$6800. 84mpg, 100 mph. 3 year warranty. They aim to start making them in July this year.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SCvCWzhPrSs

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

The cost is the main thing I see as a plus about it, would be good for getting back and forth to work or just basic shot range trips.

The main down side I see is getting to the rear seat/cargo area, if they would have put in one of those half doors to get into the back it would have made a big difference. The other thing that would be nice with a three wheel design would be offering a model that had two front seats (side by side) and just have a cargo area or trunk in the back, mpg would most likely go down a little but I think they would sell more with a setup like that.
    "Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem" Ronald Reagan

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Be nice on the wallet for those of us that have to drive a long way to work!
    I'd rather be a "has been" than a wannabe!

2TIMOTHY2,4 No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairsof this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.

God, Guns and Guts made America free,
    Lets keep all three.

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by Coils View Post
    The cost is the main thing I see as a plus about it, would be good for getting back and forth to work or just basic shot range trips.

The main down side I see is getting to the rear seat/cargo area, if they would have put in one of those half doors to get into the back it would have made a big difference. The other thing that would be nice with a three wheel design would be offering a model that had two front seats (side by side) and just have a cargo area or trunk in the back, mpg would most likely go down a little but I think they would sell more with a setup like that.
    I'm sure they could make them side by side seating, but that would increase the cost, and lower the speed and fuel consumption.
    I also like the elio credit card idea, it's brilliant. In effect you would get the vehicle for nothing, and it would still be cheaper to run than most vehicles.

"Elio also announced a unique financing option. Buyers can receive a credit card with a $300 limit that is solely for the vehicle's fuel sales. Each time the card is used, Elio would add an extra amount to use to pay back the loan. For example, a $10 fuel purchase would appear as $30 on a credit card statement, with $20 being used to pay back the loan. More information on this program will be available closer to the vehicle's launch."

Read more: http://www.autoweek.com/article/2013...#ixzz2s7y0cZVe
    Follow us: @AutoweekUSA on Twitter | AutoweekUSA on Facebook

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by XSapper View Post
    Be nice on the wallet for those of us that have to drive a long way to work!
    That, and I bet it's fun to drive.

I bet it will be ages before they are available in Canada.

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)

I'm too much of a speed freak. I'd have to transplant a Suzuki Hyabusa engine into it, with a few pounds of boost from a turbo, that thing would ROCK!!!! But then it'll drop the fuel economy, just a littlle........ LOL.
    Enforcement, NOT Amnesty!!!!!!

"If they’re going to come here illegally, apply for & receive assistance through a corrupted Government agency encouraging this lawless behavior, work under the table & send billions of dollars each year back to their families in Mexico, while bleeding local economies dry, protest in our streets waving their Mexican flags DEMANDING rights, while I have to press ’1′ for English, then they need to be shipped back to where they came from!" -Chad Miller

Feedback Score

It has a pleasing look. How will it handle in the Wyoming/Nebraska wind?

Feedback Score
    Last edited by willie; 02-03-2014 at 03:31 PM. Reason: add Elvis

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndAmendican View Post
    I'm too much of a speed freak. I'd have to transplant a Suzuki Hyabusa engine into it, with a few pounds of boost from a turbo, that thing would ROCK!!!! But then it'll drop the fuel economy, just a littlle........ LOL.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

The nice thing is when you get in a traffic accident you can just take off the front wheels an then you already have a coffin .

I drive a Suzukie Samuari a lot an that thing is a death trap if I get hit the thing above is worse . As least on a motorcycle you can get out of the way fater an get through a small space if needed to get out of of the way . That thing is not going to let you bail to the cneter median or side of the road in a emergency maneuver .

I saw one of those three wheeled can ams or what ever they are set ups catch a wheel last summer on a curb an it almost killed the guy when he tried to doge a car coming into his lane.

Im all for a good gas millage set up I would hate to be in that thing on the inter state or in heavy traffic, my 50 HP Samurai is a white knuckle ride to often., every one thinks they can share your lane or space because its small .

I at least want some HPO so YOu can move fast if needed an merge fast . Defensive driving sucks if you have no power .

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.