Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: tv s appalachian outlaws

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Into the 70's doggone it!

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Growing up in Arkansas I heard all those hillbilly jokes myself when I went into the Army. "Do youse guys really don't wear shoes?", "Do youse guys really have sex with your sisters?" On and on, tho much was just good natured ribbing, some actually believed the stereotypes. I mean come on, I didn't even have a sister, but my buddy did. We would hold her down and take turns.
    Not really! But a bud of mine from AR said that to a guy from the Bronx while we were at Benning who had just asked us if we had sex with our sisters.
    "NA BEAN DON CHAT GUN LAMHAINN"
    Clan MacPherson
    "CREAG DHUBH"!

Feedback Score

hell, a lot of people in ga. didn't even know there was a state called west Virginia, they kept thinking western Virginia. know that was pretty bad. these movies like wrong turn and a couple of others are pretty low blow.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

I was in New Orleans way back when a girl asked me where I was from I said west virginia and she looked at me n said you don't LOOK like you're from west virginia! Told her I left my straw hat at home.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

I get a little bothered when the media will call some one a red neck in a derogatory way yet its politically incorrect to use slang terms to describe other races an sexual orientations.

How about the media goes to Chicago intot he projects an does a show on how those people live? you would have every race baiter an civil rights idiot up in arms in about 1 day , Yet some how its ok to show hillbillies an rednecks life styles . how about a show were every one in the Famialy deals drugs steals cars lives off the goverment an gang bangs for a living an there are 7 kids all with different dads who don't pay anything ???? maybe use subtitles so people could under stand what there saying with a 2nd grade education

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by 1biggun View Post
    I get a little bothered when the media will call some one a red neck in a derogatory way yet its politically incorrect to use slang terms to describe other races an sexual orientations.

How about the media goes to Chicago intot he projects an does a show on how those people live? you would have every race baiter an civil rights idiot up in arms in about 1 day , Yet some how its ok to show hillbillies an rednecks life styles . how about a show were every one in the Famialy deals drugs steals cars lives off the goverment an gang bangs for a living an there are 7 kids all with different dads who don't pay anything ???? maybe use subtitles so people could under stand what there saying with a 2nd grade education

There is a show on television just like you described. It's a read between the lines comedy and is on every local network several times a day....Morning, Evening & 10PM News

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

Id like to see a show were they show a real getto family doing there thing.

Maybe some one can figure out how to fix the problem then. its going to take more than saying get a job

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

what part of the Appalachian mountains are you guys from?

cause its only a short drive from this side to get to people who are actually like that... unfortunate as it is... still a lot of that around here.
    say what you mean & mean what you say

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Hour and a half since we live more in the Shenandoah now. Couple crooked roads and the moonshiners cast look like city people.

Feedback Score

W VA Mountain people are about as friendly and hard working as you can get. As are most of them down south.

Yep, they put crap like honey boo boo and other crap on TV to make fun of us.

I will tell you a funny story. I took my son and his cousin down to W va once from the Nazi state of MD.

Well you know how it is driving down south on lonely 2 lane blacktops. The people wave at ya, and you wave back.

Well, my son asked Dad who is that?

I said that is your second cousin Minnie!

Every time some one waved I made up a name and told him somehow how they were related to us.

Well I finally got close to where we going and said..

Kids I didn't know any of them folks. They are not related to us.

, I was just messing with you city kids.

They are good, hard working people that are friendly and wave.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.