Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: tv s appalachian outlaws

Feedback Score

Default tv s appalachian outlaws

if you people watch that bull**** .I hope you don't think its all that real. unless that part has turned in to a bunch of the sorrious people in the country, I hope you don't believe we here in the real appalchian mountains aren't that bad a people. grant you pill heads, neth heads, ans just thieves are here just as bad as everywhere else. most peole will not shoot your tires out or anything else . the show just erks my butt the way they portrait everyone here.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Perry I'm from wv ,va and I believe it like the devil's ride is about whatever they pretending to be! I grew up and live with the most honest giving people you ever want to meet. So called reality tv is hurting not helping.
    Last edited by stalker1; 02-03-2014 at 11:18 PM. Reason: truth

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

You mean mass media is trying to pass off a show about a stereotype of redneck/hillbilly people as the real deal? I wonder who they are trying to please (or fool) with crap like that.

Stuff like that show is why I haven't owned a TV for about 10 years now. Just get my info I want to see from the internet these days. It still seems like you can find some unbiased and/or non-politicaly influenced info here on the web (for now anyways) if you're smart enough to look around for it.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

You haven't seen honey boo boo? Trash tv at its worst. No I don't watch it.

Feedback Score

Hey Perry and Stalker,

My parents were from West "by God" Virginia. Gods country. It sure is beautiful country.

I used to get a lot of guff in school about that up north.

I heard all the jokes...

What is the definition of foreplay in W va?

Sis, are you awake?

Why do we know the tooth brush was invented in W VA?

Because if it was invented anywhere else it would be called the 'teethbrush" and on and on and on.

Fortunately I have a thick skin.

W VA people are hard working fine and honest people! The best people in all the world!

My grand daddy was a coal miner and black lung finally took him down

My other grand daddy was a carpenter. Fine people.

I don't even have a TV anymore. I refuse to watch the crap.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

South Texas guy my parents were depression era.my dad finally got a job on the railroad after WW2 and got sent to Virginia. I had to learn a new language! Still live on a mountain here but on the top. Only 5miles to the city but dot puts road closed signs and we live in a "good"area!

Feedback Score

Good at ya Stalker.

My Dad was was born in 26 , depression era too.

Funny thing about it, they were all happy and had enough to eat during the depression. Of course they raised crops chickens , hogs etc. Had no money for new clothes but they were happy.

I try to learn a life lesson from them daily.

Dad was a WWII vet and is still alive. I try to visit him once a year.

They truly were the greatest generation.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Yeah my dad was in the army air corps and served in European and Pacific theatres.he didn't like Pacific so much. He will turn 90 in April and still drives everyday! Plays music at retirement homes for those" old folks".imagine that. Guess your out of China. Welcome home.

Feedback Score

Stalker,

Good at your Dad. No one liked the pacific. He sounds like a great man.

I am so glad to be back in the good ole USA for a spell Stalker. You can't even imagine.

I hate working in commie land. I have college degrees, double digit patents and decades of experience and I have to go overseas to support my family because I am too proud to go on the dole.

But that's how I was raised.

I tried finding jobs stateside, but when ye be over 55, no employer even wants to look at you.

I can't complain. I've had a good run and God has allowed me to feed my family, so its all good.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

South Texas we raised hogs into the. 750's.I was the designated shooter with my dad's Winchester 22 single shot. Gut and boiled to scrape the hide in a 55gallon barrel leaned at about a30 degree angle with a wood fire under it. Never a fan of liver but dad made the best liver pudding. Make a believer of you! Store bought was weak next to his. All about the sage he always said. Dam'n I can taste it now. May have to get some store bought for old time sake and experiment with the sage. Good memories. Perry I hope you can relate too.saw pics of some nice Enfield south Texas.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.