Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Any gunsmiths? Stuck barrel nut sw 2213

Feedback Score

40 bucks is a cheap price to pay to save a collectible pistol Jim Mac. Look on line for exploded parts diagram if you don't already have one so you'll know what you got to get later. Good luck man.

Feedback Score

My 422 came with the box and manual with the schematic. On a side note the new grips and washer showed up today. Now i cant wait to get the gun back. Jim

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Let me know what you find out when you do get it apart, Jim Mac. I'm just curious if I was right on this one. It's the only thing I can think of that could possibly cause you're issue. And if I'm wrong,which I frequently am,,I always like to learn new things.

Feedback Score

Jim Mac did you get your parts from Numrich? I checked their online catalog saw most parts available.Good luck and let us know!

Feedback Score

I ordered the thrust washer and grips from numrich. The gunsmith said 2-3 weeks but Ill ask what may have caused the issue. I ordered a threaded adapter from ewkarms in case the barrel nut has to be drilled out. When I ordered the adapter I posted a question on removing the nut. I told them mine was so tight it stripped the tool. They were kind enough to throw another tool in with the order. Jim

Feedback Score

Jim Mac I confess I put a threaded adaptor on my p22.only thing I've put on it is an ar flash suppressor. I got a bud with a papered can tho.come warm weather. ..

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Not so sure about that one stalker1,and I'd be real careful on that , just cause,,, He,,,, has paperwork for the can, doesn't necessarily mean it's legal to attach it to,, Your gun,,I think, but I'm not really sure on that one though, or how the laws even work pertaining to suppressors. I'd be checking on that one first before I'd put his can on you're gun. Just for shits,,,,,

I'm sure someone else can chime in on that one,,, someone that really knows, I sure don't. Actually I'd like to know for myself too. I'd love one and if it's allowed to be interchanged between firearms without having to register each gun,,then it might just be worthwhile to investigate one for myself . Otherwise,,,not so much,,,,

While were at it, does anyone know if it's legal to manufacture you're own and how would you go about registering or getting a # assigned to it???? Or does this require the manufactures license to do so? I know there's been discussion here before on them, but I don't recall an A-Z,, rundown on them, law wise.

Let's face it ,,there's really not much to them and most any half way decent machinist could make one quite easily. Certainly it could be built much cheaper than the 2K or so they get for them off the shelf, I kinda like the oil/gas filter type rig myself, sense I don't really need silent, I just something quieter and so I can be more considerate to my neighbors.

I don't know what the actual laws are concerning them sense I've never had one before. But I sure would like one though sense I don't really like all the racket while shooting either and would just love to have one myself for my backyard range,,,

but OH BOY are they ever expensive with all the time,$ and efforts spent in getting one and staying legal. Especially if it's only allowed on 1 particular gun, if allowed on multiple guns without further paperwork and expense it would be worth it then.

There's just so many laws nowadays, it's damn hard just to keep up with them all,,,,and to remain within the law. Plus how to Hell do you stay current sense they seem to change on a daily basis lately??? Drives me crazy!!!!

Feedback Score

Twa I was looking for some parts for a 45 about thirty years ago and my friend who owned the local gun shop sent me to a big ole building with no markings anywhere. I walked in and it was omg! Mac 10's in original boxes stacked up prototypes for government trials m16s cans and 45 parts! Made friendships that have lasted to this day. That does not make me an expert on NFA regs.my understanding is when he puts his can on my pistol and is with it I can shoot it.you can make your own can after filing paperwork and approval is granted.it makes you the manufacturer. After approval you apply your serial # and do it.

Feedback Score

To think I could have had a nib mac after paperwork for what I gave for a model 29 in the wood presentation box back then and didn't. Sixteens for a grand. Hindsight is a bitch.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Ain't that the truth,,,,,

I had the chance to buy a crate of re-arsenal WW11 vintage Thompson's,,,,CHEAP ( around 450 ea),,, back many years ago and I passed because of the license fee's,,,,

Now,,, How frigging dumb was that????? DUHHHHH!!!!

Another fine case of,,,,, lack of fore-site !!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.