Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Any gunsmiths? Stuck barrel nut sw 2213

Feedback Score

Default Any gunsmiths? Stuck barrel nut sw 2213

Anyone have any ideas on getting a barrel nut loose on a sw2213? Ive tried soakingit in penetrating oil. Using the right tool. Tried heat etc. If thers any gunsmiths any ideas? Im aboit to pay to jave it removed. Jim

Feedback Score

Lock washer behind the nut? Do you have an extra/new nut for it? Does it have to be replaced? Neat little pistol back then but I'm glad I waited for the p-22.

Feedback Score

I think the lock washer is missing since the barrel slides back and forth. Ewkarms sells a replacement nut/suppressor adaptor so if the nut gets messed up I have a option. Im going to run it over to a smith this weekend and see what theyll charge to remove it. Jim

Feedback Score

Factory may be cheaper.good luck man.Does it work now? If so. ..
    Last edited by stalker1; 02-06-2014 at 10:36 PM. Reason: cause

Feedback Score

I cant shoot it now because the slide moves up when it goes back. Ill contact sw too. Jim

Feedback Score

Don't recall sending anything back to s&w but ruger has treated me right on couple of times. As in pay shipping to them and boom you get it back no charge. Can't vouch for s&w tho.but you'll get a quote at least. If I had a Browning I wanted refinished who could put it back like factory but the factory? My 2cents. Neat little pistol btw.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

The last 2 things I've sent back to S&W didn't end up being handled well at all. I sent back a pistol scope and they sent me some POS you couldn't even see through worth crap and 2-3 correspondence later on this,I got to sent it back. They sent a different one,,the same model, that was only slightly better, and this is a $300 scope, supposedly!! I tried to get in touch on another firearms related issue and it went unaddressed by them,too, I never got an answer back at all.

Then after many I calls and finally I got some rude SOB from the shop on the phone when I was trying to get the pistol scope mount issue squared away. And all I was trying to do was just find a mount that would match the same screw pattern of the original scope mount that was on the gun to start with, made by them BTW. The dumb bastard couldn't get through his head that the new style mount holes would overlap the original holes by 1/2 the width,,his answer,,we'll just do some more holes!!!! WHAT ???,,,last thing I want is 6 holes in the back strap of my Model 57 , Custom Shop 41 Mag,,, Not Very Fucking Likely!!!!! That gun was over a grand back in 1979-80 when I bought it, I don't want it butchered !!!

I haven't bought another new Smith in 7-8 years, other than the body guard 380. With service like that I probably won't again either.

Just some of the stuff I've run into with them.

That washer isn't a lock washer btw, its a thrust washer, which acts like a barrel bushing, it's a good possibility if it had been fired without it,, it could have peened the back side of the nut over from hitting the slide ,, locking it to the barrel threads making it hard to get off. Just a possibility, and the bad part, you wouldn't know till you get it apart either. It's more than likely going to require parts if this is the case. Somethings going to be buggered for sure, if what I suspect is true.

That's just a guess on my part though,not being able to see the gun personally. I think there was a Browning or Mauser design gun set up kinda like that ,,way back when, late 1800's -early 1900's,wasn't there ,I don't recall ??

Feedback Score

I stopped at the smith today and they quoted me $40 to remove the nut. 2-3 weeks but what the heck. Ive got a blued sw422 i traded for a few years ago. I swapped the slide and made a two toned 422 out of it. I see ewkarms sells the threaded adapter for these little guns. If the gunsmith has to destroy the nut im going to go with the threaded adapter. Im hoping the threads on the barrel isnt all bjggered up. Jim

Feedback Score

Like I said I've never sent a Smith back. Always worked on my own except for a couple ruger pistol s that had to have factory replacement parts. Good luck on the local guy .

Feedback Score

Im usually a do it yourselfer but this this is stuck so hard i just dont have the tools to do it right. Even if I could drill the nut and crack it my cheap drillpress would probably wander enought to hit the barrel or frame. This time I decided to send it out before I screw it up.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.