Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Zastava M91 Imports?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Default Zastava M91 Imports?

Zastava M91 Imports?

Supposedly will be imported this summer according to some gun site rumors. Would like to grab a couple myself but I suspect that the Feral government will try to stop this from happening. Still, if it does happen then I will be all over this like flies on dog shit. If Century does import this rifle then say goodbye to milsurp 7.62x54R crates of ammo because like any popular firearm in the past we saw milsurp ammo dry up very fast (i.e. 7.62x25, 9x23, 6.5x55, 7.62x51, 7x57, 7.92x57, etc.). If you plan to keep shooting cheap 7.62x54R then stock up now while you can ("Buy it cheap and Stack it deep').

From Wikipedia:

The M91 is a semi-automatic, air-cooled, detachable 10-box magazine-fed firearm with a fixed stock. In concept, it is similar to the Russian Dragunov SVD sniper/designated marksman rifle. While the design of the M91 is based upon an elongated version of the Avtomat Kalashnikov 1947 AK-47 design just like its predecessor, the Zastava M76, the rifle features several modifications, bringing it closer to its Soviet counterpart, the Dragunov sniper rifle. The separate stock and pistol grip used on the M76 have been replaced with a thumbhole combination stock made of synthetic polymer material resembling that used on the Russian Dragunov SVD rifle. The chambering is the Russian 7.62x54mmR cartridge which is the same used in the Dragunov SVD. It is suited for long-range use, and replaced the 8x57mm IS round in Serbian service. Overall, the design of the flash suppressor, the magazine used, the simplified PSO-type rangefinder reticle used in earlier Zrak telescopic sights, even the distinctive shape of the pistol grip and modified bolt carrier (as well as a milled receiver) - all these attributes strongly point at SVD as the design's template.

A side-rail on the left wall of the receiver accepts various telescopic sights and night optics. The standard daylight telescopic sight for the M91 is the ON-M91 6 x 42. For low light conditions the rifle can also be equipped with PN 5 x 80 passive sights of the first and second generation of Night vision devices. The optical sight can be removed from the rail and reinstalled without loss of zero.

The rifle features adjustable backup iron sights with a sliding tangent rear sight which can be adjusted from 100 m to a 1,000 m. These can be employed if the primary optical sight is damaged.

The best results are obtained at ranges up to 800 m. The maximum aiming distance offered by the optical sight and iron sights is 1000 m. For targets of height of 30 cm (head silhouette), the effective range is approximately 320 m, for chest silhouette (height 50 cm) the range is 450 m and for a moving silhouette (150 cm) the effective range is 650 m.
    When you're born you get a ticket to the freak show. When you're born in America , you get a front row seat. - George Carlin

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

When you're born you get a ticket to the freak show. When you're born in America , you get a front row seat. - George Carlin

Feedback Score

WHERE IS THAT MASKED MAN.....SO I CAN SHOOT HIM IN THE FACE.
    I went the other way with Zastava. Just picked up an M85 .223 Mannlicher. Kind of neat. Looks like something in a Guns&Ammo picture from the early '60s. Picked it up for less than what J&G advertises them. Couldn't pass it up.
    Hunter

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)

I was planning on building a copy of the M91 about 2-3 years ago, but I wound up going a different direction. I sooo wanted one, but no one imported the weapon, or parts kits. I really want one!!!!
    Enforcement, NOT Amnesty!!!!!!

"If they’re going to come here illegally, apply for & receive assistance through a corrupted Government agency encouraging this lawless behavior, work under the table & send billions of dollars each year back to their families in Mexico, while bleeding local economies dry, protest in our streets waving their Mexican flags DEMANDING rights, while I have to press ’1′ for English, then they need to be shipped back to where they came from!" -Chad Miller

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)

Here's my Yugo DMR's. The top one is kind of similar to the M91. If I had used the normal PSL curved end receiver and shoulder stock, it would be very similar. I plug welded the original gas port, and shortened the gas system/handguards down to M70 length. It's basically a PSL/M91/Tabuk conglomeration. Shoots nice though. I just need to get somewhere I can stretch it's legs.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Zastava M91 Imports?-yugo-dmrs.jpg  

Enforcement, NOT Amnesty!!!!!!

"If they’re going to come here illegally, apply for & receive assistance through a corrupted Government agency encouraging this lawless behavior, work under the table & send billions of dollars each year back to their families in Mexico, while bleeding local economies dry, protest in our streets waving their Mexican flags DEMANDING rights, while I have to press ’1′ for English, then they need to be shipped back to where they came from!" -Chad Miller

Feedback Score

A lot will depend on the imported configuration. Judging from the recent past it seems it will be sporting configuration. May have slant cut receiver like the recent M77 in .308. Price point and whether an optic is offered will be an issue as well.
    I would like to get one to accompany my de-sporterized M77 and M76 and Tabuk and PSL DMR rifles.
    I would likely go up to $1k if it is not neutered too badly. But if it needed receiver weld and so forth., dunno maybe $750?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

I had been thinking of aquiring a SVD, but given my fondness for most things from the Yugo region, I wouldn't mind picking one of these up instead.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

I could kick myself in the butt for passing on the ROMY PSLs when they were cheap.
    SOON-We already lost the war. You are the resistance.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

so whats the difference in the Zastava in 54R vs a PSL in 54R? looks like the same gun but with a shorter forestock..

fill me in!

dont see any reason that it will impact the 54r anymore than all of us with PSLs, PKMs, Brens, 1919s & Maxims already do...
    say what you mean & mean what you say

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

so whats the difference in the Zastava in 54R vs a PSL in 54R? looks like the same gun but with a shorter forestock..
    Heavy barrel (can us heavy ball ammo), likely the choice of milled reciever on imports, adjustable gas regulator, more like the M76 than PSL or SVD. Not as expensive as pe-ban SVF Tigr or NDM-86 rifles. Best part - cheap 7.62x54r cal ammo. I stockpiled maybe 50-60 crates so far and add more crates every month.

Supposed email:

Dear Sir,

Rifles M91 in caliber 7.62x54 will
    be exported to United States
    during the second part of this
    year.

Best regards,

Marketing department
    Zastava arms
    Kosovska 4
    34000 Kragujevac
    SERBIA
    www.zastava-arms.rs
    Configurations - I want wood!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Search tags for this page

m91 import zastava

zastava m91 import

Click on a term to search our site for related topics.