Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: It's Time to Let Felons Vote, Holder Says

Feedback Score

Back in '65 in my American history class the teacher said a convicted felon lost all rights as a citizen of this country, until his crime was forgiven by the governor of the state. Therefore these people don't have any civil right, and cannot vote or enjoy any of our constitutional rights. P.S. I lived one block from the Wyoming State Pen for 18 years.

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by Big Don View Post
    Back in '65 in my American history class the teacher said a convicted felon lost all rights as a citizen of this country, until his crime was forgiven by the governor of the state. Therefore these people don't have any civil right, and cannot vote or enjoy any of our constitutional rights. P.S. I lived one block from the Wyoming State Pen for 18 years.
    While that is not quite accurate. The Feds and most states do impose post release sanctions on released prisoners who were convicted of felony charges. These are called Collateral Consequences., only a state exoneration can restore these rights

Varies by state., some impose them., some do not.,
    info here

http://www.hughlafollette.com/papers...nsequences.htm

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

I agree with pyrotex & black blade, once the debt has been paid if the full term has been served rights should be restored
    violent criminals should not be let out period, prisoners should also not get the vote

gunco is also right holder is a racist this about race not justice
    Sprat and sprat1 are one and the same.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

DON'T COMMIT CRIMES AN YOU HAVE NOTHING TO WORRY ABOUT . IN THIS COUNTKLY YOU COMMIT CERTAIN CRIMES YOU LOOSE RIGHTS FOR GOOD IMO THAT'S A GOOD REASON NOT TO COMMIT CRIMES . I DONT BUY INTO DECREASING INCENTIVES NOT TO KILL ROB RAPE AN SELL DRUGS AN WHAT EVER ELSE. IMO THE LAWS ARE TO LAX NOW . HELL LETTING MANY OF THEM OUT IS BAD ENOUGH.

A couple days a go a guy was released from prison in Beloit WI an he stole a car an was involeved in a high speed chase an then crashed ONLY Two hours after being released!!
    This Ass bag does not need his rights restored he does not need a vote he dosent need guns . He need to stay were he was were he is no anger to honest people .

While its obvious they would like to tap into more of the black vote they will also be tapping into the Ex felons who are now on assistance an don't work who want more free shit .

Id be willing to bet about 90% of convicted criminal who have been released will vote for more free shit .That means they will vote democrat.

Citizen, Patriot, Ranger bellson's Avatar
    Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

My thoughts:

1. Eric Holder is both a Traitor, and a piece of shit.
    2. Once upon a time, when these laws were passed; a Felon had committed the most heinous of crimes. Hence the reason for the permanent loss of Civil Rights.
    3. Too many laws now carry the "Felony" label, and hence there is an actual disparity between the crime and the punishment.
    4. Congress, and the States create new laws every day of the year that create more criminals without need. Example: Hate Crimes. Hate Speech. Both are Felonies, and both infringe on our rights. Yes, Hate Crime laws do infringe on our rights...Equal Protection equates to equal sentence for equal crime.
    5. Holder is a Traitor, and a piece of shit.
    6. Obama is no better.

Regards,
    Imagine whirled peas

Peace, Love, And Superior Firepower

Bellson

Feedback Score

Felons do vote. And it is voter fraud. How many felons voted for Obama?

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010...-study-finds/#

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

bellson

please tell us how you really feel about Holder
    Sprat and sprat1 are one and the same.

Feedback Score

I don't think prisoners should be voting. After their dues are paid let them vote. I also don't think that there should be 20 states without a voter ID law. Hell, I have to show ID to buy a damn pack of cigarettes but the feds think it's perfectly natural and we're violating someones civil rights to ask for an ID to vote? A lot is wrong with that picture.

I agree with Bellson, Obama and Holder are traitors and pieces of shit!
    “The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference- they deserve a place of honor with all that is good.” George Washington

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
    George Washington

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Come-on now, stop holding back bellson ,,how do you really feel?

In 100% agreement here, on all points!

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

2. Once upon a time, when these laws were passed; a Felon had committed the most heinous of crimes. Hence the reason for the permanent loss of Civil Rights.
    3. Too many laws now carry the "Felony" label, and hence there is an actual disparity between the crime and the punishment.
    OK I do agree with to many things do come with a Felony sentence an should not warrant loss of certain rights.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.