Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: It's Time to Let Felons Vote, Holder Says

jrs
    Feedback Score

Default It's Time to Let Felons Vote, Holder Says

Read the entire article here: http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/...er-says-n26906

A selected quote:
    Attorney General Eric Holder is calling for an end to state laws that bar felons from voting, even after they have served their sentences.

"By perpetuating the stigma and isolation imposed on formerly incarcerated individuals, these laws increase the likelihood they will commit future crimes," Holder said Tuesday at a Washington, D.C., symposium on sentencing laws.

Holder said the restrictions bar 5.8 million Americans from casting a ballot, including 2.2 million African-Americans.

So now he wants to give felons (note over 25% are black) back their voting rights. Next he'll be wanting to give them their gun rights back. But the vets are mentally sick so take their's away.
    jrs
    --
    "A great civilization is not conquered from without until it has destroyed itself from within.", Will Durant

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.", Edmund Burke

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

how about things to deter crime like loosing rights an privileges if you are a criminal instead .

What ever happened to don't commit crimes in the first place ????????????????

The Democrats are really scrapping the bottom of the barrel for votes.

Im sorry but when 1 out of every three black men will go to prison at some point in there lives I can only see Holders ideas for this as racially motivated. I bet if the tables were turned he would not be endorsing stupid an dangerous idea .

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

I think Holder should be banned from his position, but fat chance of that with Barky as POTUS.

Feedback Score

The inmates are now in charge of the asylum.

BTW a little bird told me Holder is going to resign later this year in a last ditch effort to duck prison, which might just happen after the next election.

Feedback Score
    35 (100%)

"Holder said the restrictions bar 5.8 million Americans from casting a ballot, including 2.2 million African-Americans." This is really what he cares about. Why did he need to spell this out? He's not identifying latino Americans, asian Americans....why because he only cares about the black vote. Not being raciest here just pointing out the fact he is......
    "Courage is being scared to death - and saddling up anyway." - The Duke

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

par for the obongo course--

lets see will arm terrorists, let terrorists in the USA nut deny the rights of the citizens every chance we get. let all then inmates out then complain about too much crime----

then SPY on the US citizens with the NSA using money borrowed from china that the tax payers will have to foot the bills for--

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Restore their Second Amendment rights as well - Once they serve their time and pay back their debt to society then restore all their Constitutional Rights.
    When you're born you get a ticket to the freak show. When you're born in America , you get a front row seat. - George Carlin

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Birds Of a Feather,,,that's all I have to say!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Black Blade View Post
    Restore their Second Amendment rights as well - Once they serve their time and pay back their debt to society then restore all their Constitutional Rights.
    Well, Thats my stance. Now a repeat offender or ultra violent crimes, maybe not but a lot of people F-up and do not get caught. Once your debt is paid in full, it should be over.
    Pryotex is TEC Tactical, A Licensed 07/SOT

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)

They're already voting..... incognegro style.
    " The world is a very dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who do nothing about them." - Albert Einstein, 1879-1955

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.