Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: What are the transfer fees in peoples areas

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Mick View Post
    I'm still baffled. How come you need to involve a third party to buy a gun ? I can't understand why anyone other than the seller and buyer needs to be involved.
    Really?
    This is the USA, they need to be up your ass all the time about everything.
    Don't pretend Mick, you know how Effed up we are. Go back in time quite a way and it's not so bad but you know the pot of bullshit we deal with.

And the going rate around here is $20 to $35 plus tax on everything, everything. Tax the shipping, tax the sale price, tax the transfer fee. Hell, why not tax the tax. There's a bunch of people who don't feel like working that count on that money to support their drug habit and keep them obese.
    member # 575

Feedback Score

Bill C-19 basically means your licensed in Canada doesn't it?

Feedback Score

Mick you ask interesting questions about the laws in the US that make me want to learn more about both our countries. The US has the C&R that lets us to purchase some firearms without third party. Is that how it is in Canada? Thanks!

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by ashhoe View Post
    Really?
    This is the USA, they need to be up your ass all the time about everything.
    Don't pretend Mick, you know how Effed up we are. Go back in time quite a way and it's not so bad but you know the pot of bullshit we deal with.

And the going rate around here is $20 to $35 plus tax on everything, everything. Tax the shipping, tax the sale price, tax the transfer fee. Hell, why not tax the tax. There's a bunch of people who don't feel like working that count on that money to support their drug habit and keep them obese.
    I know things are Effed up everywhere no matter where we live, but it was a serious question. Seems like there is no real point for it.

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by stalker1 View Post
    Bill C-19 basically means your licensed in Canada doesn't it?
    Everyone who has a firearm is supposed to have a firearms license to possess or acquire a firearm. A seller needs to have no reason to suspect that the purchaser does not have a firearm license for the sale to be lawful. No third parties are involved.

Feedback Score

And I'm sure you've heard about the "gun show loophole"here. If you buy from an individual in most areas no third party. Someone in the chain will have purchased from a licensed individual. Sounds the same in a way doesn't it?
    Last edited by stalker1; 02-15-2014 at 09:36 PM. Reason: dAmn phone

Feedback Score

We just can't buy svt's at your prices! Damnit. You're lucky Mick

Feedback Score

Mick you ask interesting questions about the laws in the US that make me want to learn more about both our countries. The US has the C&R that lets us to purchase some firearms without third party. Is that how it is in Canada? Thanks!
    In Canada there are basically three classes of firearms.

Non Restricted..... Any rim fire or center fire long gun with a barrel of 18 1/2" or over that is not, or has not been a fully automatic.

There are some daft exceptions to the barrel length regulations. Shot guns with barrels as short as 8" in length are in the Non Restricted class so long as they come from the factory that way

Restricted....... Hand guns and short barreled rifles.

Prohibited......... Full auto machine guns and converted to semi auto machine guns, and various named prohibited and assorted prohibited for no reason guns like the AK

Antiques need no license to possess as the don't come under the firearm regulations. I have an antique firearm that if it were one year newer would be considered a prohibited firearm.

Feedback Score

And I'm sure you've heard about the "gun show loophole"here. If you buy from an individual in most areas no third party. Someone in the chain will have purchased from a licensed individual. Sounds the same in a way doesn't it?

I think it's the same thing. It's the Canada loophole !

Feedback Score

We just can't buy svt's at your prices! Damnit. You're lucky Mick
    It works both ways. There are lots of things you can easily get in the US that fetch a premium up here. There are fucked up regulations on both sides of the line.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.