Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: What are the transfer fees in peoples areas

Feedback Score

I read about the shotgun barrel length.here 200 us and federal background checks.6months or more.

Feedback Score

Here's my one and only shotgun, it has 12" barrels.

PS, It's unpleasant to shoot.

Feedback Score

Does it have to have a full length stock? Couldn't tell by the pic.be nice to have some commonality between borders in a good way wouldn't it? Nice lupara btw!

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by stalker1 View Post
    I read about the shotgun barrel length.here 200 us and federal background checks.6months or more.
    How about if you buy it at a gunshow ?

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by stalker1 View Post
    Does it have to have a full length stock? Couldn't tell by the pic.be nice to have some commonality between borders in a good way wouldn't it? Nice lupara btw!
    It has a normal stock. I'm not sure if it would be a good thing to have the same regulations both sides of the border as the regulations seem to vary quite a lot in the US depending on where you live. We would probably end up with the California regulations.

The Lupara is just a Norinco coach gun. I think they are common in the US, the only difference is the cut off barrels.

Feedback Score

Mick Said "What about if you bought it at a gunshow?"

Nope same thing Mick. You need the license from the BATF.

I have heard the only way you could get around that , if I am not mistaken, is to buy an antique (made prior to 1899?) that was in that original configuration. A good while back they were selling antique (civil war type) percussion shotguns with 13 inch barrels . At the time BATF did not have a problem with it.

And there are also state laws one may run afoul of.

I always wanted one of those "Mad Max " guns but the paper chase just wasn't worth it.

Feedback Score

LOL! One word. Don't. You ever hear the car ads on tv at the end when some voice comes on (mumble) all taxes and restrictions apply (mumble mumble)! Called entrapment but gets done. Easier than hunting down a gang banger.catch some poor do ofus that doesn't know the law.

Feedback Score

Wow, we seem to have quite an array of transfer fees. If I read correctly 10 -50 dollars (which would be 20-100 on an interstate 2 private party 01 transaction).

Feedback Score

Mick you ever watch the godfather movies? Term came from Sicily sawed barrels sawed stock.very Mafioso.south west Texas guy I hope you took that young man shooting today and he enjoyed the feeling of freedom here. Let me know. I've helped a lot of kids get involved in the sport of just plinking they just end up out shooting me!

Feedback Score

Seriously Mick minimum shotgun barrel length in most states 18in.some 20in.at one point West Virginia was 22in.I read recently you can't hunt deer in Ohio with a centerfirerifle just a shotgun.in the eastern part of Virginia its shotgun but western Virginia center fire rifle is ok.screwy wherever you go. You just have to be informed and so many people aren't. Sad.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.