Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: What are the transfer fees in peoples areas

Feedback Score

Default What are the transfer fees in peoples areas

I'm a C&R or face to face guy and generally don't require a transfer fee.

However I do get some 01 firearms from a big dealer out of state or from a private party from time to time.

My guy here is Texas charges 15 bucks for a transfer...or 10 bucks if you have a CHL (like me) , are active military or LEO.

The going rate for a typical gunshop to do a transfer down here is 25 bucks. Some are even 50! Holy Moly! I won't even do business with those type fellers.

That adds a significant amount of money to each end of the transaction when buying an 01 gun from a private party out of state.

Anyway I was wondering what fellers charged in other places for a transfer.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Do like Arnold did in the Terminator. "Give me a shotgun. Give me a box of shells. Now STFU."
    Talk about free, holy sheeeeeeeeeet..
    Here free with one of our local manufactures. But STG anywhere from $15 to $50... I guess, be interested to hear what others say?
    Ah hell they got to make a living, without our FFLs were toast.. My Bro, a used car salesman called me a "laydown." Well WTF is a "laydown?"
    You don't negotiate, you just take it. Yeah give me the damn thing.
    "Man needs but two things to survive alone in the woods. A blow up female doll and his trusty old AK-47" - Thomas Jefferson 1781

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Mine range from $15 to $30 and one charges a flat $25 plus $5 for each additional firearm in the same order (as in a multiple firearms order).
    When you're born you get a ticket to the freak show. When you're born in America , you get a front row seat. - George Carlin

Feedback Score

What is the reason for the charge ?

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)

$25.00 .
    Tree huggin' dirt worshipper!

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by Mick View Post
    Well they accept the gun, they put in some PW for a background check, and then fill out some PW when you pick it up. So I guess you are paying for their time, but I think the big shops are milking it too much now.

I am glad I found my 10 dollar transfer 01 feller down in Texas. That's all he does is transfers and pockets more than a grand each week for a part time job run out of his home.

That there is karma in action! When you do good things for people, good things come back to ya!

Feedback Score

Last time I did one here in Virginia it was ten bucks.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Mick View Post
    Mick, like any business. Without our FFLs were toast.. I am not one, but those poor guys have to go through hell to maintain their FFL license.. ATF on their backs for dot the I cross the T..
    Now some will barter for price on a transfer.. Well hell, I am a jerk, I support my FFLs.. Long as they do not get to stupid $$$$ I can live with it..
    $50 too much.. But what I found is if you do steady business with you local or nearby FFL. They will usually return the favor..
    Come morning when we leave. They have insurance bills, labor, taxes, utilities, all to help us buy.. Treat your FFL well, they will return the favor..
    "Man needs but two things to survive alone in the woods. A blow up female doll and his trusty old AK-47" - Thomas Jefferson 1781

Feedback Score

$25 - $30 around here.
    “The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference- they deserve a place of honor with all that is good.” George Washington

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
    George Washington

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by 4thIDvet View Post
    Mick, like any business. Without our FFLs were toast.. I am not one, but those poor guys have to go through hell to maintain their FFL license.. ATF on their backs for dot the I cross the T..
    Now some will barter for price on a transfer.. Well hell, I am a jerk, I support my FFLs.. Long as they do not get to stupid $$$$ I can live with it..
    $50 too much.. But what I found is if you do steady business with you local or nearby FFL. They will usually return the favor..
    Come morning when we leave. They have insurance bills, labor, taxes, utilities, all to help us buy.. Treat your FFL well, they will return the favor..
    I'm still baffled. How come you need to involve a third party to buy a gun ? I can't understand why anyone other than the seller and buyer needs to be involved.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.