Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: BREAKING: Remington Bails on New York for Alabama

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Default BREAKING: Remington Bails on New York for Alabama

BREAKING: Remington Bails on New York for Alabama

By Robert Farago on February 15, 2014

“High level sources have informed Yellowhammer News that Remington, one of the world’s largest gun manufacturers, will on Monday join Alabama Gov. Robert Bentley in announcing that they are bringing over 2,000 jobs to Alabama. The company is viewing the move into Alabama as an expansion, but it will likely impact their Ilion, NY plant as well. The New York facility currently employees around 1,200 people. It is expected to stay open, but with a reduced workforce.” Expansion, yes. But Big Green’s move to the Yellowhammer State is nothing if not an escape from New York. As Yellowhammer makes clear . . .

Remington first began considering new locations after the New York legislature passed the Secure Ammunition and Firearms Enforcement (SAFE) Act in response to the tragic shootings in Newtown, Conn. In addition to banning magazines that contain more than seven rounds and requiring instant background checks on ammo purchases, the NY SAFE Act broadened the definition of so-called “assault weapons” to include a wide range of guns, including the Bushmaster, which was being manufactured at Remington’s New York plant.

Almost half the states in the country have made pitches to Remington, included Arizona, Oklahoma, Michigan, South Carolina, Tennessee and Texas. But in the end, the company chose Huntsville, Ala.
    Governor Cuomo and his civilian disarmament allies have some ‘splainin’ to do. On the downside, Remington’s departure will take the reins off of notorious gun grabber Senator Chuck Schumer, who’s been chomping at the bit to ban guns since ever. How will this move effect Cerberus’ longstanding as-yet-unrealized plan to sell the Freedom Group? Dunno. Meanwhile, the distinction between “slave states” (states favoring gun control) and “free states” (states recognizing firearms freedom) continues apace.

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/201...-york-alabama/

Black Blade: Makes perfect sense. No need to contribute taxes to a enemy state like New York.
    When you're born you get a ticket to the freak show. When you're born in America , you get a front row seat. - George Carlin

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

i don't know why rem hasn't left NY years ago , they should has anticipated a communist takeover of the state.

Feedback Score

I was wondering why they were still there. Glad to hear the good news. Too bad about NY.

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)

Wonder when Kimber will pull out of NY?
    Keep the change-I just want my Country back!!!

TRX
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

This time, it looks like the North is seceding from the Union.

Instead of fighting to get them back, maybe we should just lay out some barbed wire and mines...
    Perge, scelus, mihi diem perficias.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

NY does not care nor do the ultra left wing people who keep voting the communist into power, look at the recent mayors election in NYC, they are happy to see Remington, kimber, Kahr, etc go
    NY state is currently running ads on TV to get business's to invest in NY with NO taxes for 10years, they will get plenty of Ben n Jerry's, sonic, little caesers, coke a cola communist type operations to come in
    Sprat and sprat1 are one and the same.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Like I said before, our group of campers,4-wheeler and snow machine groups have all pulled out of NY a year ago now and 2 others of us have canceled property purchases and now the major companies are just following suite.

Ya Love Us Now NY ???? Just Keep It Up,,,, and see where that gets ya,,,,,

Dumb Bastards!!!!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

A United Mine Workers official blasted NY Governor Andrew Cuomo's SAFE Act as the cause of Remington Outdoor Co.'s decision to open a new plant in Alabama.

On February 15th Breitbart News reported that Remington would soon be announcing the acquisition and opening of a facility in Huntsville, Alabama.

On that same day United Mine Workers Local 717 president Fran Madore said Cuomo's gun control push hurts workers at Remington's Ilion, New York, factory. According to Syracuse.com, Madore said, "The SAFE Act has been a terrible thing from the beginning. You'd think New York would be doing everything to keep us. Instead, it passes a law to cripple us."

United Mine Workers Local 717 "represents 1,180 of the 1,300 Remington employees in Ilion," where Remington "has been making firearms since 1816."

The SAFE Act bans many of the very guns made by Remington.

Follow AWR Hawkins on Twitter @AWRHawkins.
    When you're born you get a ticket to the freak show. When you're born in America , you get a front row seat. - George Carlin

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

I wish thay would have just added another plant in Arkansas
    Gunco Member 2241
    NRA Life Member

Feedback Score

Remington! Good at em!

I used to Live in the Commie state of MD. It is corrupt through and through due to its proximity to DC.

Beautiful state with some good people but very anal when it comes to gun laws. For CHL it is a MAY issue state which means-An ice cube in hell MAY stand a better chance of not melting than you getting a permit

I left and never looked back. No more state, property or sales tax from me, Assholes!

People and companies vote with their feet.

The South's gonna do it again!

We have common sense laws down here!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.