Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: Ukraine - Now A Shooting War

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by o.d. ak View Post
    Reports of Russian troops on the ground in Crimea.

^^^^^^ Someone should tell the dude in the pic above that his AK will work alot better with a magazine.
    Was watching news about Ukraine last evening on PBS and FOX and i noticed the same thing. NONE of those guys had magazines in their AK's.
    For a split second there was a soldier carrying an M60 type belt fed machine gun with one of them magazines that hold the belt in.

Feedback Score

"

The federation council has now approved Putin’s request to use armed force in Ukraine."

Here we go!

http://www.theguardian.com/world/201...s-live-updates

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by o.d. ak View Post
    ^^^^^^ Someone should tell the dude in the pic above that his AK will work alot better with a magazine.
    Nah, thats one of the new type AKs with the tubular mag in the fore-end.

Obama says "Russia will pay a price". So is Barky going to stop frequenting Russian gay bath houses?
    Remember Larry Sinclair.
    Hunter

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Ukraine’s Acting President Puts All Armed Forces On Full Combat Alert

zerohedge.com / by Tyler Durden on 03/01/2014 14:50 -0500

In a stunning 24 hours, it now appears that Russia and the Ukraine are one formal announcement away from a state of war. From moments ago, as reported by Bloomberg:

UKRAINE ACTING PRESIDENT PUTS ALL FORCES ON FULL COMBAT ALERT
    And this, as reported by the NYT, virtually assures the escalation to a hot war, as some provocation, somewhere will certainly take place: “a Ukrainian military official in Crimea said Ukrainian soldiers had been told to “open fire” if they came under attack by Russia troops or others.”

READ MORE

Black Blade: Don't the Ukrainians have a few nukes from the old Soviet days tucked away? Hmmm...
    When you're born you get a ticket to the freak show. When you're born in America , you get a front row seat. - George Carlin

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

"The Budapest Memorandum was signed in 1991 by Bill Clinton, John Major, Boris Yeltsin and Leonid Kuchma - the then-rulers of the USA, UK, Russia and Ukraine. It promises to protect Ukraine's borders, in return for Ukraine giving up its nuclear weapons"
    "Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem" Ronald Reagan

Feedback Score

Mr. Coils,

With all due respect sir, No ..The Budapest memorandum does not guarantee that.

See http://en.wikisource.org/wiki/Ukrain...ity_Assurances

It does say we can whine to the UN about the situation.

That and Barky's strong words (Heh..sarc warning) most likely have Putin trembling in his jackboots.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

If they did give up "all" the nukes then they are royally screwed because we certainly won't stand up for them. I look at Barack the same way I would have looked at the other fool Neville Chamberlain. Vlad Putin will probably just take all Ukraine and make it a Russian state once he see that the weak response from the west is all just talk.

Of course if I were with the Chechen terrorists (or some other Muslim group under Russian occupation) I might look for a few "soft" Russian targets now that their attention is diverted elsewhere. Seems to be a perfect time to start that mess all over again especially since they couldn't seem to get through to Sochi Olympics.

Whatever happens I think that our source of "cheap" milsurp ammo could dry up rather quickly and Russian imports of Saigas and VEPRs put on hold either by the Russians or by our own "leaders" such as they are, we could see all Russian goods banned from importation in response (can you say "sanctions"). Get what ammo and accessories you need now while you can ...
    When you're born you get a ticket to the freak show. When you're born in America , you get a front row seat. - George Carlin

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

Mr. Coils,

With all due respect sir, No ..The Budapest memorandum does not guarantee that.
    You can't be right, everything we are told is true. Obama-care saved everyone money on their insurance, unemployment is low, the economy is fine, hell everything is perfect.
    "Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem" Ronald Reagan

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Charles Krauthammer: ‘The Ukrainians – and I Think Everybody – Are Shocked by the Weakness of Obama’s Statements’

Feb. 28, 2014 11:00pm Jason Howerton

Syndicated columnist and political commentator Charles Krauthammer on Friday said President Barack Obama’s statement on the alleged Russian invasion of Crimea, Ukraine, was so weak it was “staggering.” In fact, he argued the president “could not have issued a more flaccid statement.”

Krauthammer told Bret Baier that the “Ukrainians — and I think everybody — are shocked by the weakness of Obama’s statements.”

“I find it rather staggering,” he added. “What he’s saying is we’re not going to really do anything, and we’re telling the world.”

Krauthammer went on to say the rest of the world “always waits for the signal” from the United States. Due to Obama’s weak condemnation of the military action, he claimed other nations will now be reluctant to strongly condemn Russia.

“You could not have issued a more flaccid statement than what Obama did. Why did he issue it at all? He should’ve just stayed at the White House and gone off and had his happy hour with the Democrats,” he said.

More: http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2014...as-statements/

Black Blade: Can anyone say "Neville Chamberlain"?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Come to think of it - if Ukraine gave up its nukes - the great equalizer - that is akin to giving up your guns. Nukes are the international equivalance of The Second Amendment - Makes one think of the huge downside of Americans losing their Second Amendment rights from the gun control advocates and complicit politicians.

Just thinking out loud...

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.