Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: Ukraine - Now A Shooting War

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

I'm thinking we will lose access to milsurp ammo. On the otherhand if the Russians and Ukrainians mix it up and go to war then maybe they will leave behind a large supply of "cheap" ammo we could buy up in a few years. Still trying to think out how we could benefit from this mess. There has to be a way to profit from it and still ensure a steady supply of milsurp ammo. Seems no other country is selling milsurp ammo in bulk other than Ukraine these days. We may even lose Russian sources of "cheap" commercial 9x18, 5.45x39. 7.62x39 and 7.62x54R ammo if Barack imposes trade sanctions. I am well stocked but would like to add more of some calibres to my current inventories. Thinking that Brown Bear, Silver Bear, Wolf, TulAmmo, etc. may suddenly disappear from the catalogues soon.

I will just keep my fingers crossed and keep adding what I can while I can. Since US manufacturers can't seem to do the job we have to hope for foreign manufacturers to fill the gaps and considering what the current political "anti-gun" climate is like here in the USA under the current regime I seriously doubt that they will empathize with our ammo shortage dilemma.Maybe a war in Ukraine will be good and maybe not - not taking any chances so I have accelerated my timeline for accumulating milsurp and foreign commercial ammo.

- Black Blade
    When you're born you get a ticket to the freak show. When you're born in America , you get a front row seat. - George Carlin

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

Crimea Standoff: Russian Gunmen Surround Ukraine Military Base

SIMFEROPOL, Ukraine - Russian troops surrounded a military base in Ukraine's Crimea region Sunday in a tense standoff as the security crisis in the region deepened.

Armed men arrived at the base in Perevalne and demanded the Ukrainian soldiers inside lay down their weapons.

The Ukrainian forces remained defiant, but were heavily outnumbered.

No shots were fired in what appeared to be the first direct confrontation between Russian and Ukrainian military forces.

Russian troops haven't fired a shot. They don't need to. With rocket-propelled grenades at the ready, they have taken over Crimea without resistance and with the backing of most of this region's people.

In the regional capital, Simferopol, a pro-Russian self-defense force protected a statue of Lenin.

The base standoff was another sign that Russia was tightening its grip on Crimea – and its influence in other parts of pro-Russian eastern Ukraine.

In Ukraine’s second city, Kharkiv, there were running battles after local militias thwarted pro-Western demonstrators who tried to attack another Lenin statue.

The scenes underscored the problem facing Ukraine's interim leaders, who are powerless to stop the loss of Crimea.

Earlier Sunday, they called up military reservists, put their army on combat alert and appealed to the West for help - but the East of their country is now mutinous.
    "Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem" Ronald Reagan

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

MUTINY: UKRAINE’S NAVY FLAGSHIP REFUSES TO FOLLOW ORDERS FROM KIEV – REPORT

countdowntozerotime.com / March 2, 2014
    SOURCE: IN SERBIA

Ukraine’s Navy flagship, the Hetman Sahaidachny frigate, has reportedly refused to follow orders from Kiev, and come over to Russia’s side and is returning home after taking part in NATOoperation in the Gulf of Aden flying the Russian naval flag.

There has been conflicting information on where exactly the vessel is, but a Russian senator has confirmed to Izvestia daily that the frigate defected to the Russian side, RT reported.

“Ukraine’s Navy flagship the Hetman Sahaidachny has come over to our side today. It has hung out the St Andrew’s flag,” Senator Igor Morozov, a member of the committee on the international affairs, told Izvestia daily.

He said the flagship is on its way back to the Black Sea after drills in the Mediterranean. “The crew has fulfilled the order by the chief commander of Ukraine’s armed forces Viktor Yanukovich,” he added.

countdowntozerotime
    When you're born you get a ticket to the freak show. When you're born in America , you get a front row seat. - George Carlin

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Russia vs Ukraine: The Infographic

zerohedge.com / Tyler Durden / 03/01/2014 12:58 -0500

Curious how Ukraine, which with its population of 44 million and size of 603,628 square km makes it the largest single country entirely in Europe, stacks up against Russia? The following infographic should answer some questions regarding the (im)balance of power.

READ MORE

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

US Ships Approaching Sevastopol? Mapping US Naval Assets

Rami @RamiAlLolah Follow

#BreakingNews #US Navy USS George Bush nuclear aircraft carrier declares high alert in the #Mediterranean. #Syria #Ukraine #Russia
    2:08 PM - 1 Mar 2014
    zerohedge.com / by Tyler Durden on 03/02/2014 14:57

Here’s what is not known with certainty:

It is not known if CVN-77 will continue to its scheduled final waypoint, the Arabian Gulf, or make a detour into the Black Sea.

It is also not known if as some suggested earlier on Twitter, and completely without confirmation, that a state of high alert was declared on the carrier.

Once again, this rumor has seen zero confirmation anywhere else so we assume it is false.

It is not known is if the report by Sevastopol News that the two US warships have already crossed the bosphorus and would arrive at the Crimean port shortly is real or fake. From the website:

The U.S. Navy will arrive in Sevastopol in four hours? As we have just learned from unofficial sources in the Naval Forces of Ukraine, headed for the shores of Sevastopol at full speed, are two ships of the United States Navy.

According to preliminary information, two destroyers carrier battle groups have already passed the Bosphorus.

Recall that part of the Black Sea Fleet warships are now off the coast of Sochi. Yesterday, a large landing ship “Kaliningrad” from the Baltic Fleet entered the Black Sea. And as we have previously reported, to Sevastopol is returning the Ukrainian frigate “Hetman Sahaidachny.”

There has been no official comment.
    Of the above, the most important unknown is whether indeed the US is entering the black sea in what would be a direct confrontation with the Russian fleet. Considering the earlier report of the defection of the Ukranian navy head, this would not be surprising as the US would certainly need naval presence in the waters close to the Crimean, especially following the report that the Crimean PM just announced the creation of a regional – i..e, non-Ukraine – navy.

READ MORE

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

Red face

one carrier would be little more that a big fat target -- if they were planning to do anything they would send two for cross deck operations.

one flat-top is like sending out a one man 'squad" -- kind of hard to do "fire and cover" drills when ya got no one for cover fire support--

of course it would be just like "obama" to order the fleet into the lions mouth--- head first!

Feedback Score

According to a Canadian importer I know, there have been no exports of firearms and ammo from the Ukraine for the last two months because of the unrest. All the Russian SKS's and SVT 40's that have come into Canada recently have come from the Ukraine, the majority of surplus ammo too.
    Apparently most of the countries in that neck of the woods destroy their unneeded stock.

Glad I stocked up when I did.
    Last edited by stalker1; Today at 01:15 AM. Reason: had to piss

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Russian Helicopters Swarm over Ukraine

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)

Holy crap, that would freak me out as a "civilian".
    Enforcement, NOT Amnesty!!!!!!

"If they’re going to come here illegally, apply for & receive assistance through a corrupted Government agency encouraging this lawless behavior, work under the table & send billions of dollars each year back to their families in Mexico, while bleeding local economies dry, protest in our streets waving their Mexican flags DEMANDING rights, while I have to press ’1′ for English, then they need to be shipped back to where they came from!" -Chad Miller

Feedback Score

The Romanian Navy is ready to support the Ukrainians!

Ukraine - Now A Shooting War-hidrobicicleta_de_razboi.jpg

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.