Thread: Is Gun Confiscation on the Way in Connecticut? See the Letter the State (photo link)

Feedback Score

Default Is Gun Confiscation on the Way in Connecticut? See the Letter the State (photo link)

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2014...egal-firearms/ After tens of thousands of defiant gun owners in Connecticut chose not to register their semi-automatic rifles to comply with a hastily-passed gun control law, the state is now taking some action. Officials are reportedly notifying gun owners who submitted late applications that they have one last chance to get rid of their “illegal” weapons. State officials did accept some gun registration applications that were submitted after the Jan. 4 deadline, however, not all late applications were accepted, the Journal Inquirer reports. “But rather than turn that information over to prosecutors, state officials are giving the gun owners a chance to get rid of the weapons and magazines,” the report adds. So gun owners who actually tried to register their guns and magazines, intentionally late or not, are now on the state’s radar for owning guns that became illegal overnight. Owning an unregistered semi-automatic rifle or high-capacity magazine that was legal prior to Jan. 3 is now a class D felony under the new law. While we can’t confirm the authenticity of the letter above, the Journal Inquirer, which is a local paper covering North-Central Connecticut, reports the state does hold notarized letters for violators. As TheBlaze reported earlier this month, as little 15 percent of the now-illegal semi-automatic rifles have actually been registered with the state of Connecticut. “No one has anything close to definitive figures, but the most conservative estimates place the number of unregistered assault weapons well above 50,000, and perhaps as high as 350,000,” the Courant reported. Republican state Sen. Tony Guglielmo recalled talking to a constituent who informed him that some gun owners are intentionally taking part in “civil disobedience” because they feel the law is unconstitutional. It’s unclear if the state plans to start prosecuting gun owners who don’t dispose of their semi-automatic rifles or high-capacity magazines — or if they have a plan to check to see if the late applicants comply with the warning. It’s also uncertain if the state plans to go about identifying gun owners who didn’t try to register their guns at all. Though it was too late to contact the Connecticut Department of Emergency Services and Public Protection on Wednesday, TheBlaze will reach out to the agency on Thursday. Again, this viral photo of Connecticut gun owners waiting in line to register their guns in December, which one person said reminded them of the “Weimar Germany,” still seems relevant: Holy Crap. Looks like Weimar Germany @chipwoods @MaxCUA CT men waiting in line to register guns with the govt pic.twitter.com/L74YQxkICy

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Default jfreakofkorn

Yes Sir it is on the way to confiscation.. If the draft letter is real or not, it really is not relevant. Connecticut officials are dead serious about going after those who did not register their semi auto weapons or magazines..
    Civil disobedience is in full force up there, with people refusing to register.. Now the question is, since they got the ball rolling. What is the plan to confiscate these so called illegal weapons?
    Are they going to go door to door and kick them down? That should get interesting.. Plus as their was no prior registration required, how do they know who the hell owns these so called illegal fire sticks?
    This may get ugly..

CT State Police Spokesman Says – They Would Participate In Door To Door Gun Confiscations

Read more: http://www.ammoland.com/2014/02/ct-s...#ixzz2uc6zZI3s
    Under Creative Commons License: Attribution
    Follow us: @Ammoland on Twitter | Ammoland on Facebook

Experts claim that as many as 350,000 people are in violation of the law, and over 100,000 of those people could face felony charges. That means over 3.6% of the entire adult population of Connecticut has been transformed into a felon by the new registration law. Roughly one in twenty Connecticut homes could have their doors smashed in by heavily armed law enforcement seeking to confiscate firearms.

Read more: http://www.ammoland.com/2014/02/ct-s...#ixzz2uc7C8MeH
    Under Creative Commons License: Attribution
    Follow us: @Ammoland on Twitter | Ammoland on Facebook
    "Man needs but two things to survive alone in the woods. A blow up female doll and his trusty old AK-47" - Thomas Jefferson 1781

Feedback Score

Hell, I got mad about all this gun control, and took mine to the dump, put them in a 55 gallon drum and burned them. I will stick with this excuse to the big house.

Feedback Score

Was that on the boat ride across the lake where that tragic accident happened and all contents were lost?

Feedback Score

Ya Know as it so happens sometimes, I lost almost all of my guns in a tragic boating accident on the way thru the desert going to Las Vegas.

Glad I had Insurance!

Feedback Score

I couldn't swim they couldn't float so I only have a single barrel shotgun and a cheap ole 45.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

That letter is pretty plain, its time for citizens to put up or shut up. If they fold now. There is no recourse for them, they either need to hang together or they will surely hang separately.
    “Freedom. And Justice. If you have those two, it covers everything. You must stick to those principles and have the courage of your convictions.” - Ian Smith

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

they won't complain, they will comply like the sheep they are.
    I saw this in 1989 in NJ, they did not go after those who filed late. they just waited for those noise complaints, domestic fight, the stranger in your home, who saw a evil black rifle reports and they confescate it and haul your ass off to jail. it is done everyday in NJ, they are still finding assault rifles ( whatever they are) everyday

now NJ wants to lower the magazine capacity to 10rounds, so what do you think is going to happen to the 15 round mags guess
    Sprat and sprat1 are one and the same.

Feedback Score

Is Gun Confiscation on the Way in Connecticut? See the Letter the State (photo link)-gunoriginal.jpg

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

Nobody will likely do shit. nobody willl take a stand they will come get them one person at a time as they catch you or you are turned in by some one or you get caught trying to use them or transport them.

Until gun owners take a real stand all at once things will not get better .

call me a coward but Im not going to get into a gun fight over a 30 round mag or something like that. I would have to comply just like very one else will. tough talk will get you no were . if they come at 3am 99% will just give up there guns the other 1% will get killed or arrested.

the law needs to be fought but it will not be fought by individuale gun onwers when there is a swat team on your front lawn.

I have no use for a bunch of hidden or buried illelage guns guns I cant enjoy. Im nto saying having a hidden cashe is a bad if SHTF. I dot but have thougth one hidden legal gun is not a bad idea .

IN WI we have it pretty good right now I hope it says that way . Governor walker so far has left us alone an he is a sportsman Im told.

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.